D&D Next Gen Con Pre-Order Module
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 pm 

Hey guys! I'm not going to Gen Con this year, but, there is a limited edition module being released for the D&D Next rules set. You have to pre-order it via this web link:

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=3903

I would respectfully ask one of our great members here if they could sign up for one, pick it up and mail it to me after Gen Con? I'll be more than happy to send you some money via PayPal immediately, and I live in the US so shipping shouldn't be difficult or expensive, and obviously I'd pay for that as well. Please, let me know if you can help! It's limited to one per person, so, no getting one for yourself if you help me, unfortunately. :( If you have any questions just let me know, and thanks!

Zenfinite

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:22 am 

Zenfinite wrote in D&D Next Gen Con Pre-Order Module:Hey guys! I'm not going to Gen Con this year, but, there is a limited edition module being released for the D&D Next rules set.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, and not really a fan of mainstream game material getting such a limited release. I suspect I'm going to end up paying a small fortune for a copy on the secondary market  :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 am 

yeah same here  :(

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:30 pm 

dam.. there is already a line up..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:07 pm 

I'm 99% certain that I'm making the trip out there (can't predict work or family issues of course).  I'm planning on getting the pre-order myself.  I can be a back up solution for any who need a pick-up.  If you absolutely can't find someone to pick it up for you, I can help out *IF* I go.  I've already reserved the campground site, so it's a near certain go at this point.

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 am 

Hey guys, I'm more of lurker and wannabe collector, but I'd love it if someone could pick up a copy if I preorder it as well.  I'd be willing to chip in some for the help.   :)

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:02 pm 

Interesting ... I wonder if they've scaled back the "D&D" rules to the point that they can be included in every module?

I'm tempted to pre-order myself *if* there are going to be enough people to do a pick-up.

Keith

"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 am 

I haven't checked to see if the GF9 mod was still for sale, but if it is and you want it (but aren't going to GenCon), I can pick up your copy and mail it out to you when I get home.  You'll just have to pay the cost to mail it.

Let me know if you'd like me to pick up your copy.

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 pm 

An interesting note, perhaps someone can translate/confirm:

Gale Force 9's website says for the GenCon mod (Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle):  

"Price: USD$29.95 - LIMITED TO ONE PER CUSTOMER.

Remember: Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle will only be available at Gen Con. You may pre-order your copy through July 31st while supplies last, but you must be able to pick-up your copy at Gen Con. Copies must be picked-up by midday on the last day of Gen Con (Sunday 18th August). Please note: Refunds will be provided to anyone who pre-orders a copy but is unable to attend the convention.

DNDGENCON Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle Gen Con Preorder, Exclusive Gen Con 2013 D&D Next preview will only be available to Gen Con attendees and is limited to one per customer. You must be able to pick up your copy at Gen Con."

Is it possible to pick up copies for others?  GF9's website is not too user friendly re: FAQs or email contact links.

*** ADDED:  Finally found an email address - sent them the question. ***

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 pm 

throwi wrote in D&D Next Gen Con Pre-Order Module:An interesting note, perhaps someone can translate/confirm:

Gale Force 9's website says for the GenCon mod (Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle):  

"Price: USD$29.95 - LIMITED TO ONE PER CUSTOMER.

Remember: Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle will only be available at Gen Con. You may pre-order your copy through July 31st while supplies last, but you must be able to pick-up your copy at Gen Con. Copies must be picked-up by midday on the last day of Gen Con (Sunday 18th August). Please note: Refunds will be provided to anyone who pre-orders a copy but is unable to attend the convention.

DNDGENCON Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle Gen Con Preorder, Exclusive Gen Con 2013 D&D Next preview will only be available to Gen Con attendees and is limited to one per customer. You must be able to pick up your copy at Gen Con."

Is it possible to pick up copies for others?  GF9's website is not too user friendly re: FAQs or email contact links.

*** ADDED:  Finally found an email address - sent them the question. ***

~throwi

Yes, you can, but supplies are limited and who knows how fast they will sell out. But you could just walk up an buy one if they have any left, you're guaranteed with the preorder.

C'mon, guys. Help us out here. A whole thread of fellow Aceumites who need a hand. Just roll down the thread, shoot us a PM and we'll hand you money for your troubles. :) Thanks again.

Zenfinite

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:53 pm 

Zenfinite wrote in D&D Next Gen Con Pre-Order Module:
Yes, you can, but supplies are limited and who knows how fast they will sell out. But you could just walk up an buy one if they have any left, you're guaranteed with the preorder.

C'mon, guys. Help us out here. A whole thread of fellow Aceumites who need a hand. Just roll down the thread, shoot us a PM and we'll hand you money for your troubles. :) Thanks again.

Zenfinite

I've PM'd everyone on this list.

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 pm 

Just tried to pre-order and it was unavailable.

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 am 

Tried the same a while ago and was unable to pre-order.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:34 am 

A friend of mine just ordered his literally 10 minutes ago (10:35 am est, 7/3) and handed me the order printout.  GF9's website is not the best and can have issues, you may want to try again.

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm 

Thanks to throwi's offer, I just placed my order as well.

HUGE THANKS!!   :D

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am 

To all who have contacted me about picking up their mod/mini at GenCon:

I've sent you a PM if you have yet to forward the .pdf of the order from GF9/Battlefront Miniatures.  I'd hate to get there and they refuse to give me your mod/mini because I don't have the true invoice.  Better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks,

throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:26 pm 

I know I am very late... but if anyone is able to get a copy for me - I would pay for it of course..  pre-orders long since closed.. but I heard rumours available at GC on the none collected copies...

Thank you

Yours
Seany