FREE RPG DAY - June 15th
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:39 pm 

Free RPG Day is June 15th.  Here's the web-site:

Free RPG Day

Looks like there's some decent stuff this year.  Hopefully I can grab me some goodies.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 am 

i would love to get a pack of those dice :)

thanks, realmaster.

let's split up!!!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:58 am 

realmaster wrote in FREE RPG DAY - June 15th:i would love to get a pack of those dice :)

This time I'll be able to do it again at the store, I salivate  :D  about the goodies I'm gonna receive  8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:04 pm 

I'll hopefully be going through Nobleknight again this year.  Will try to pick up the usual Pathfinder item and then thinking the Frog God Games release.  Close to Father's Day - so hoping to get some stuff :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:14 am 

I'm looking to get the Pathfinder, Frog God, LOTFP, and DCC release.

I have an exam on the same day unfortunately so I'll have to finish that one quickly to get some gaming going  :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 am 

I'm trying to sort out a share of a box... I should have extras of DCC, Star Wars, Paizo, Lamentations, and Frog God.

I'll have to ask for a couple bucks to offset my cost, but if you can't make it out for freebies, I can try to help out.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:02 pm 

Thunderdave!

I'd be interested in the DCC, Frog God Games, and Paizo books (in that order) if you have spares.  Living out in the country, it's over an hour to the nearest game store that runs this event - I don't always make it each year.

Let me know what you need in terms of $.

Thanks!

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:29 pm 

Can do Throwi!  I'll send you a pm when the box of goodies is safely in hand :)

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm 

I've also decided to lose the !  I'll just be Thuderdave now.  I got tired of mentally thrusting my fist into the air when I read my screenname.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:55 pm 

Hey Thunderdave, I may be interested in the DCC, Frog God and Paizo items as well. There haven't been any local stores participating the last few years, but there is one this year. We'll see how it goes.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:23 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in FREE RPG DAY - June 15th:I've also decided to lose the !  I'll just be Thuderdave now.  

So, you lost the "!" and an "n"?  Instead of mentally thrusting the fist in the air, we can now hear the 'thud'.  ;-)  jk  

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 pm 

Tomorrow is the big day!   :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 am 

Noble Knight is my go-to FIGS - Friendly Internet Gaming Store. :)  Since there are no local FLGS participating in Free RPG Day, Noble Knight has had my business since 2009.  Thanks guys!

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:10 am 

smarmy1 wrote in FREE RPG DAY - June 15th:Noble Knight is my go-to FIGS - Friendly Internet Gaming Store. :)  Since there are no local FLGS participating in Free RPG Day, Noble Knight has had my business since 2009.  Thanks guys!

Not only that but Noble Knight was an early source of wisdom and support for this gnome guy I met once who has a Kickstarter he won't shut up about.

Aaron deserves the business of anyone who cannot find an FLGS in their vicinity.

I am going to three Free RPG Day events in the Phoenix area tomorrow (well one is a free D&D day). I went and saw all of the stores Thursday to make sure they remembered me and knew I was coming with a suitcase full of SWAG. Of course, living so far away from any FLGS, I spent money. I was pleased to see a great deal more small press stuff than I remember them having last year, especially DCC.

Even more surprising was I was not the only one looking at it. Some of it was older stuff but there was a strong representation of stuff from the last 18 months. Kinda cool.

Zach

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 am 

Thunderdave wrote in FREE RPG DAY - June 15th:I'm trying to sort out a share of a box... I should have extras of DCC, Star Wars, Paizo, Lamentations, and Frog God.

I'll have to ask for a couple bucks to offset my cost, but if you can't make it out for freebies, I can try to help out.

pm'd you :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:36 am 

I am interested in LotFP, DCC, SW and Frog God. If someone can grab them for me :) Thanks!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm 

According to the Free RPG Day site, there are only a couple of stores in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area participating this year.  The big chain store Lone Star Comics decided not to do it and I stopped by one of the larger stores in my area called Madness Comics & Games and they didn't participate either.  I was really only interested in the S&W and LotFP items so it wasnt enough of a bother to get them through Noble Knight this year.  And I helped fund the LotFP Kickstarter so I get a copy of that regardless.

With Wizards of the Coast not having anything for Free RPG Day this year, perhaps the event is losing steam?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:42 pm 

I don't know.  I went to one store and got and traded for four items, all of which immediately went on eBay.  Most items were like I expected, but one item stood out.  The LAMENTATIONS OF THE FLAME PRINCESS Adventure, Better Than Any Man, is epic at 96 pages long!   8O   There are several maps, illustrations and typical stuff, but the module is rated 18+ because of explicit content, and it is very explicit.  The back of the booklet states:

War is Hell.  The Swedes are invading!  Sorcerers have taken Karlstadt with the aid of unearthly creatures!  In Wurzburg, the Prince-Bishop schemes to retain control of his domain.   ...and yet darker forces gather....   Thousands - perhaps tens of thousands - will die before the week is out.  Can a group of luckless adventurers change the course of the events?  Profit along the way?  But what can they possibly do against those who consider themselves Better Than Any Man?

Anyway, it looks to be of excellent quality and an interesting, if wild, adventure.   8)

Next