DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:04 pm 

Hi All,
  Thought I would share a bit of news about our next project at Die Cast Games.  We recently signed a contract with the author of the D&D classics C2-Ghost Tower of Inverness and A3-Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords, Mr. Allen Hammack!  We will be publishing a tourney adventure he wrote for CoastCon titled Night of the Black Swords.  This year is the 25th anniversary of that convention.  We are also bringing back Jeff Easley to do the original artwork for this project.
  The adventure will include the original 6 pregenerated characters as well as the scoring information so you can run it like the original tourney or use your own characters and have a great adventure in....

HELL!

That's right, you can just go to Hell! :D

Guaranteed to be an adventure you won't forget!

We are shooting for a GenCon release.  Need to get with BBARSH and see about a slot at the OSR booth :)  Mr. Hammack will be attending some other conventions in the near future (I will find out which and get back) and will speak more about the project.  Hoping to get the cover artwork soon so I can at least get him a cover mock-up for folks to see during author panels and such.

Thanks,
Devon

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:38 pm 

Very cool news, Devon! Would love to hear more about levels for PCs, more about where in he'll they're going, etc.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:14 pm 

Well done, Burntwire boys!!!  I look forward to adding this adventure to my collection.

Martin Britt

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:25 pm 

Very cool!  I'm in for a couple of copies for sure :)

Please let us know about mail-order options for those of us who can't get to Gencon...

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:18 am 

Prufrock wrote in DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...:Well done, Burntwire boys!!!  I look forward to adding this adventure to my collection.

Martin Britt

ditto!

that's really great!

ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 am 

Nice, add me to the list of buyers  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:21 am 

Awesome project!  Put me down for two, three if they come in shrink. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 am 

i'd love to get two, thanks very much!

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 am 

Sounds great!

I'll have a couple as well.

Cheers
Kal

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:01 am 

grodog wrote in DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...:Very cool news, Devon! Would love to hear more about levels for PCs, more about where in he'll they're going, etc.

at the coast con event in 1988 there were 6 characters of 9th to 12th level (the 9th level was an anti-paladin). i'll let Devon & Shawn decide what further details about plot to share....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 am 

Very nice---thanks for the info, Bill.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:58 pm 

I too would be happy to invest in this project.... for two sets.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:14 pm 

stratochamp wrote in DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...:
grodog wrote in DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...:Very cool news, Devon! Would love to hear more about levels for PCs, more about where in he'll they're going, etc.

at the coast con event in 1988 there were 6 characters of 9th to 12th level (the 9th level was an anti-paladin). i'll let Devon & Shawn decide what further details about plot to share....

Correct.  6 characters levels 9-12.  They are all lawful evil :twisted:   The adventure takes you through at least two levels of Hell; Minauros and Phlegethos.  It also includes a synopsis of the original playtest that is very entertaining :)

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:14 pm 

I would like one.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:29 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...:I too would be happy to invest in this project.... for two sets.

No investing or "kickstarters" here.  We fund the entire project and won't offer them for sale until they are actually in hand.  They will go on sale on our website diecastgames.com the same time we start selling at GenCon (keep in mind we attend GenCon so delivery for site orders won't start shipping until a day or two after the con).  Planning on having 250 copies printed and between GenCon, the website, and Allen hocking them at other cons around the US, hopefully they will sell fairly well.  We have also been thinking of doing a limited comb-bound pre-pub version for Acaeum members that is a reproduction of the actual tourney and maps signed and #d by Allen Hammack (if there is enough interest).

-Devon

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 pm 

well i would definitely want one of those (to go with the tourney copy i have from 1988).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:05 pm 

stratochamp wrote in DCG Announcement: Remember that Ghost Tower adventure...:well i would definitely want one of those (to go with the tourney copy i have from 1988).

Of course  :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm 

I would definitely be interested in the pre-pub version as well as published version. Very exciting!

Next