L1 Storm of Tears is Here!
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 pm 

I had an idea for additional material for this adventure, but space did not allow its inclusion in the module.  This is for Room 14 (Bathrooms).  Use it if you like.

The dretch (room 25) have been instructed to not bother Wilma and Margret (room 16) who cook and clean the house, but they have taken to writing crude humor on the bathroom walls to give them more cleaning work.  Searching both of the bathrooms will reveal the following writings if players search:

1)"It smells so bad in here, I can hardly finish my sandwich!"
2)"Bad spellers untie!"
3)"We aim to please, won't you please aim?"
4)"The Toilet seat you are currently sitting on has been infected."
5)"Stand close; the next fellow might have holes in his shoes."
6)"Those with short stacks, or low manifold pressure, please taxi forward."
7)"Have a booger, Leave a booger, Need a booger, Take a booger."

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:04 pm 

And here's an optional image.  This is the city of Algor as the players approach it for the first time.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm 

Here's another optional image.  So as to not ruin the adventure for players, I won't reveal what this is, but anyone who's read the adventure will know immediately.   8)

Hopefully, all this supplemental material will pique your interest.  If you haven't bought this one yet, it's already had some positive reviews from people who on the Friday Night Chat.  Enjoy!   8)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm 

I have read Storm of Tears cover to cover and enjoyed it very much.  Good old school storyline with some humor throw in as well.  I highly recommend this adventure - it is worthy of your time and collection.

Martin

P.S love the artwork above.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 am 

tenfootpole.org | I bought this stuff and read it so you don't have to.

Chris gets his first review over at tenfootpole.org

Bryce aka Graham does a fantastic job with his reviews and he is nothing if not consistent and honest. He buys all his modules and does not take them as complimentary copies for review. Put his site in your favorites as check him out about once a week. He does plenty of reviews. Lots of OSR stuff.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:56 pm 

bbarsh wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:tenfootpole.org | I bought this stuff and read it so you don't have to.

Chris gets his first review over at tenfootpole.org

Bryce aka Graham does a fantastic job with his reviews and he is nothing if not consistent and honest. He buys all his modules and does not take them as complimentary copies for review. Put his site in your favorites as check him out about once a week. He does plenty of reviews. Lots of OSR stuff.

I like the review!  The adventure would probably be better suited for a lower level party and the hook is contrived.  I can't tell if he likes my sense of humor but he certainly notices it.  Given that this was one of the first adventures I wrote (25 years ago!), I was fairly pleased with my effort.  One thing he did not comment on was poor grammar or quality of writing which probably means he didn't find anything too bad in those departments.  Anyway, bbarsh, thanks for pointing this out to me!   :)

Previous