L1 Storm of Tears is Here!
Author

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:25 pm 

He's just trying to score a True First print!  Brilliant, I say.

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 pm 

Thunderdave! wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:
bbarsh wrote:Ok, now you can buy it. Store inventory defaulted to 0 in stock when added it to the site. Thanks!

Just went to order mine now, still says out-of-stock?  I'll try again later :)

Congrats Chris btw, your first published module?

Yes!  I had written a few adventures before, but this was my best effort by far.  I submitted the concept to Dungeon Magazine twenty something years ago, but they rejected it.   :(   About three years ago, I re-read the module, really liked it, and edited in some additional material and corrected some errors.  I showed it to Bill just when he was starting up and he had too many other things in the pipeline, but recently he wrote me and said he'd like to publish it.  Storm of Tears may surprise you with a simple story of two people and how their powers take their life to extremes.  Breaking up is hard to do, but it happens.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Last edited by benjoshua on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:30 am 

Here is a photo of the misprinted cover.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 am 

benjoshua wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:Yes!  I had written a few adventures before, but this was my best effort by far.  I submitted the concept to Dungeon Magazine twenty something years ago, but they rejected it.   :(   About three years ago, I re-read the module, really liked it, and edited in some additional material and corrected some errors.  I showed it to Bill just when he was starting up and he had too many other things in the pipeline, but recently he wrote me and said he'd like to publish it.  Storm of Tearsmay surprise you with a simple story of two people and how their powers take their life to extremes.  Breaking up is hard to do, but it happens.   8)

Cool history :)  I just got my order in, looking forward to checking it out... again, Congrats!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:55 am 

Just downloaded DA4.
Cannot open.
When I try it tells me there is no file extension and tells me to search the I-Net for fixes.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 am 

FoulFoot wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:He's just trying to score a True First print!  Brilliant, I say.

Foul

Can't blame a guy for trying.   :lol:

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:Just downloaded DA4.
Cannot open.
When I try it tells me there is no file extension and tells me to search the I-Net for fixes.

Sometimes when I add .pdf to the end of something like that it works. Not most of the time, but sometimes.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:05 pm 

Cannot open.

For whatever reason, Bill's pdf's are sent out without the correct file extension.  No idea why but I've mentioned it to him before.  You just need to rename the file extension to .pdf but your computer's operating system is most likely set to hide the file extension by default.  Go into Folder Options (normally this is done by opening any folder, going to Tools -> Folder Options but it depends on your operating system) and click on the View tab.  Under the Advanced Settings, uncheck "hide extensions for known file types".  Then browse to the location of the file.  It should now show the file extension which you can simply rename to .pdf.  If you still can't get it to work, go to Google.com and search "hide file extensions" for your particular operating system whether it be Windows XP, Vista, 7 or whatever you happen to be using.

I bought DA4 and still don't have the pdf yet.  I guess Bill will send it at some point after he gets back from GaryCon.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:
Cannot open.

For whatever reason, Bill's pdf's are sent out without the correct file extension.  No idea why but I've mentioned it to him before.

I don't know why this happens. The uploaded file has the .pdf on it when I view them through the store editor. I will send an email to Yahoo and see if I can get some help with it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:18 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:Go into Folder Options (normally this is done by opening any folder, going to Tools -> Folder Options but it depends on your operating system) and click on the View tab.  Under the Advanced Settings, uncheck "hide extensions for known file types".  Then browse to the location of the file.  It should now show the file extension which you can simply rename to .pdf.  

John,
Your instructions worked perfectly and to a "T".
THANK YOU!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:51 pm 

Still waiting. No module. No pdf. No communication.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 pm 

Phaedran wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:Still waiting. No module. No pdf. No communication.

Well, I was going to get to this Saturday. I simply got busy with work and did not get the covers until this Monday. Also, it seems the printer did not staple the interior adventure books. So those who picked them up at Gary Con have books with no staples. I dropped off the books when I picked up the covers and went back on Wednesday to pick them up.

I sent about half the orders this afternoon with the rest going out on Saturday. I have a full day and then some with work tomorrow so I can't get to the post office (I don't even know if they are open).

I am not sure why the PDFs are not working. That has something to do with my web site provider. I sent an emial to the help desk and have not got an answer.

I will send out PDFs to all buyers directly this weekend. But I need time to compile all the email addresses. That has to be done manually.

Sorry about the lack of an update. Time just got away from me on this one. I will make sure to be better about these things.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 am 

How about G1?  How about S3?

These things are backing up.  It's one thing to be late, but when you keep soliciting more and more, and they're limited editions, so we collectors pretty much feel we have to jump on them right away, it feels a little iffy.

I know you want to do a lot and keep expanding.  The ambition is great, but the delivery has to match it.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:22 pm 

L1 is shipped for the most part. A few people who ordered their A1 Playtest are on hold until early next week, though I will most likely not get to the post office until friday, but I will try and get there earlier. I ran out of the large sized cardboard mailers I use for the folder (A1) books. Be advised that most of these were mailed via media mail and it will take 5-10 days to arrive.

When you get your L1, it will have both covers - the module book is inside the faulty cover. I figured that was the way it came to me originally, so that is how I packed them. Of course, you can swap out covers. I numbered both covers so each cover you have has the same number.

If anyone cared, there are exactly seven copies that were sold at Gary Con V that have the unstapled adventure books. And to continue the saga of this printing nightmare, my printer shorted me 10 of the adventure books. So the first print run of this module is going to stand at 90 copies instead of 100. Yes, I could get them to print the missing books, but I think it is time to put this first printing to bed.

Lastly, I apologize the the delay in getting these out.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:33 pm 

I received my copies today and they look great!  Thank you again Bill for publishing my adventure.  I look forward to hearing reviews from those who read or play this adventure.  And if you haven't bought yours yet, I think you'll find that its a quality, old-school, high-level adventure, not a common combination these days.  Of course, I am highly prejudiced. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote in L1 Storm of Tears is Here!:I received my copies today and they look great!  Thank you again Bill for publishing my adventure.  I look forward to hearing reviews from those who read or play this adventure.  And if you haven't bought yours yet, I think you'll find that its a quality, old-school, high-level adventure, not a common combination these days.  Of course, I am highly prejudiced. 8)

Congrats on your module benjoshua!! I look forward to picking up a copy at NTRPGcon  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:48 pm 

A quick update to let everyone know that all orders placed through this morning have been shipped. Most were shipped previously, but if you also ordered A1 Playtest, I had to wait for proper sized boxes to arrive (A1 needs a larger box). Thanks again for the fantastic support!

Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 pm 

Mine arrived today...thanks again Bill!

PreviousNext