57lbs of Lead
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:11 pm 

I am in the process of a move and have been digging out old boxes from various storage areas. One that I just came across is a mishmash of old fantasy miniatures. The box tore down one side when I tried lifting it and I put it on a scale and found that it weighs in at 57pounds. I haven't counted them yet but it looks like a couple (or several) hundred miniatures. It isn't even a very big box. Those old mini's weigh a ton. I went in for the Reaper kickstarter. I wonder what 200 (or so) plastic minis are going to weigh in comparison.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:20 pm 

Save it in the case of nuclear war, you can line your basement walls with it!!   :)

When nuclear winter finally subsides you have minis to play with!!

Plastic minis will just not help in this situation  8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 am 

Lead-lined walls will prevent future scrying upon you as well!!!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:I am in the process of a move and have been digging out old boxes from various storage areas. One that I just came across is a mishmash of old fantasy miniatures. The box tore down one side when I tried lifting it and I put it on a scale and found that it weighs in at 57pounds. I haven't counted them yet but it looks like a couple (or several) hundred miniatures. It isn't even a very big box. Those old mini's weigh a ton. I went in for the Reaper kickstarter. I wonder what 200 (or so) plastic minis are going to weigh in comparison.

Jason: if you find any of the old Grenadier Wizzards & Warriors SS/Special sets, please let m know (assuming you're interested in selling/trading them):  I continue to work on additional content for the next edition of The Fantastic Worlds of Grenadier :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 pm 

grodog wrote:
JasonZavoda wrote:I am in the process of a move and have been digging out old boxes from various storage areas. One that I just came across is a mishmash of old fantasy miniatures. The box tore down one side when I tried lifting it and I put it on a scale and found that it weighs in at 57pounds. I haven't counted them yet but it looks like a couple (or several) hundred miniatures. It isn't even a very big box. Those old mini's weigh a ton. I went in for the Reaper kickstarter. I wonder what 200 (or so) plastic minis are going to weigh in comparison.

Jason: if you find any of the old Grenadier Wizzards & Warriors SS/Special sets, please let m know (assuming you're interested in selling/trading them):  I continue to work on additional content for the next edition of The Fantastic Worlds of Grenadier :D

I will probably start scanning them and posting them on my blog. You can see if any are what you are looking for and I can set them aside.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm 

If you are looking to sell them, then as usual selling individuals or small lots (if they are part of a boxed set) is the way to go.

If you need help identifying them then posting close up pictures here will get you a lot of good places to start - I had about 50 or so and the good folks here were able to help me identify them all.  Although, for the hours it takes to photograph, resize, list on ebay, package up and ship you are most likely going to be making less than minimum wage unless there are some gems.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:22 pm 

Make sure you wash your hands after you handle them, and don't touch your face or nose either while handling them.  Of course, I've met people who don't worry about this, and they've only experienced mild side effects.... PDT_Armataz_01_05     :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:50 am 

Given the way North Korea is acting, I'd follow Blackmoor's advice.
I never thought to wash my hands afterwards. I don't do a lot with the minis I have, but I was planning to this year. I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.