New Sea Maidens in the works!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm 

Please put me down for one copy, signed & numbered if possible. In addition, I would love to get a copy of Sea Maidens and any other modules ;-)

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:54 pm 

Please put me down for one.  Thanks!

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:Please put me down for one copy, signed & numbered if possible. In addition, I would love to get a copy of Sea Maidens and any other modules ;-)

Done. You're down for a copy.

Sea Maidens of San Gropia & Swamp Girl were limited prints. I do not have any hard copies of the former. The latter...that is another issue all together.

I have, at present, about 25; 2 issue prints and 23 recalled.
But, since they were limited to a one-print run, numbered and signed, they cannot be made available without some kind of modification to them that would be agreeable to the members of this forum.

I would be open to suggestions by the members how to make these products available to other and future members.
What changes could I make to them that would alter them enough to preserve those of 1st print status?

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 am 

First the the last remaining 2 issued prints of Swamp Girl are still part of the first limited print run.
IMO They would still count as first prints that just did not sell completely out at that time.

However, the recalled copies were almost completely rejected by the Acaeum community as non-collectable with the cover art being compromised.
I think only 1-3 of the compromised prints were purchased. (I bought one and IIRC Lucyjoice also bought one).

My choice (if I published/wrote/owned them) would be:
1) Sell the last remaining 2 issued prints as additional numbered copies added to the overall numbered prints.

2) Toss the 23 recalled/compromised copies out (perhaps keep one for historic interest).

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am 

Good points, Gnat. Along the lines I was thinking.

But, I am more interested in doing up a 2nd printing of Sea Maidens of San Gropia, and making this available to everyone, here and the GP; possibly at my lulu store.

I have redesigned the covers (F&B), and added a "2nd printing" to it. Let me show everyone:

The back is just solid gray, with a list of compatable adventures for SMOSG
As an "unlimited" 2nd printing, this would not carry the status/collectable value of the 1st, (lacking the certification, # and signature).

But I would like to hear from the members on this. An up-down majority of yeah/nay will suffice. (Out of 20+ that shouldn't be difficult to reach)
Let me know.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm 

I'm on board with the second printing with the distictive cover, no issue as far as I'm concerned.  Heck, means I'll probably have to buy one :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 pm 

That all sounds fine to me.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm 

Thunderdave! wrote:I'm on board with the second printing with the distictive cover, no issue as far as I'm concerned.  
Heck, means I'll probably have to buy one :)

This....  :lol:
Not only would I not have a problem with a second printing, I think it is the right thing to do.
The adventures already printed and those yet to come would be less complete without the main supplement and all the vital stats and other data inside it.
And yes, I would most certainly purchase a second print too.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 pm 

I've got no problem with a second printing.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:51 am 

I'm perfectly fine with you offering 2nd printings.

Dane

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:45 am 

Thork N Hammer wrote:Good points, Gnat. Along the lines I was thinking.

But, I am more interested in doing up a 2nd printing of Sea Maidens of San Gropia, and making this available to everyone, here and the GP; possibly at my lulu store.

I have redesigned the covers (F&B), and added a "2nd printing" to it. Let me show everyone:

<CUT>
The back is just solid gray, with a list of compatable adventures for SMOSG
As an "unlimited" 2nd printing, this would not carry the status/collectable value of the 1st, (lacking the certification, # and signature).

But I would like to hear from the members on this. An up-down majority of yeah/nay will suffice. (Out of 20+ that shouldn't be difficult to reach)
Let me know.

Hey Thorky, instead of a "plain" 2nd print, why dont you prepare an "expanded" 2nd print: and by expanded i mean you'd take the original book, to this you add both the first adventure and the one youre preparing now in a single book... that would be smtg that could have more than one reasons to buy...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:55 pm 

A compilation?
A future project sounds good.
But those already in possession of Swamp Girl might not want it repeated in everything I do.
For now, I just need to make SMoSG available for everyone that intend to acquire the adventures forthcoming.

Do I take it your vote is for "approval" of a 2nd printing?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 am 

Thork N Hammer wrote:Do I take it your vote is for "approval" of a 2nd printing?

no issue against a 2nd print!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 am 

No problem for me as well.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 am 

2nd print is fine for me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm 

UPDATE

Nearly finished with the first draft.
I have made arrangements with a pal to do some art, and have allowed him 2 weeks. When this gets into my hands I will be able to insert it into the edited text version.
I like what I've got so far. But its definitely a grinder...as in meat...as in, the characters are toast if they screw up alot!  :D

Also, with so many votes supporting a 2nd print release of SMoSG, I plan to make it available by mid-week; barring that everyone else chimes in with a "NO" to the idea.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm 

Thork N Hammer wrote:UPDATE

Finished with the first draft.
I have made arrangements with a pal to do some art, and have allowed him 2 weeks. When this gets into my hands I will be able to insert it into the edited text version. (added: I have seen the roughs and like where he is going. Will be a little longer though)
Also, with so many votes supporting a 2nd print release of SMoSG, this is now available as a POD at my store.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm 

Thork N Hammer wrote:
Thork N Hammer wrote:UPDATE

Finished with the first draft.
I have made arrangements with a pal to do some art, and have allowed him 2 weeks. When this gets into my hands I will be able to insert it into the edited text version. (added: I have seen the roughs and like where he is going. Will be a little longer though)
Also, with so many votes supporting a 2nd print release of SMoSG, this is now available as a POD at my store.

Just talked to the artist, and he is looking at a completion day of this Friday.  :(
So, this is going to be a slow crawler of a project.
But hang in there.

PreviousNext