You've Got To Be Kidding Me!
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 851
Joined: Jun 12, 2004
Last Visit: May 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:55 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 29519&rd=1

Who in their right mind is going to pay money for this when they can pick it up for free if they know where to look?



  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:58 pm 
 

Traveller wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 29519&rd=1

Who in their right mind is going to pay money for this when they can pick it up for free if they know where to look?

Maybe they're going to bundle "tech support" with it, like certain Linux distributions.  :roll:

 YIM  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:45 pm 
 

It's always fun to e-mail GURPS Lite sellers and ask them who they think they're kidding. The responses, if a response is even received, are usually worth a laugh.

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 851
Joined: Jun 12, 2004
Last Visit: May 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:51 pm 
 

I do need a hardcopy of GURPS Lite, but not 3d Edition, which I already have (same date too!).  I'll just go to Steve Jackson Games and pay to have a hardcopy shipped to me.  Last time I checked, his shipping and handling was only $3, which happens to be umm...let's see...$.26 more than the minimum this crappy auction can go.  However, at least I'll have the current edition of the rules, and not the older version, which can still be downloaded at GURPS Lite .

I already have the PDF of both third and fourth editions of GURPS Lite, and could print that out, but I do require a hardcopy for my copy of GURPS The Prisoner, as well as have it available for Final Frontier, a Star Trek game using GURPS Lite.

And that brings up another point.  What's to say that this clod isn't just printing off copies of the PDF and selling them?



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 238
Joined: Nov 14, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 08, 2017
Location: Tacoma, WA

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:48 am 
 

Traveller wrote:And that brings up another point.  What's to say that this clod isn't just printing off copies of the PDF and selling them?


If he is, SJG will send him a nasty e-mail. Still, who would be stupid enough to buy it?


~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:38 pm 
 

Eh, instead of creating a new thread, this seemed the perfect one to use.  I realize there are some rare Traveller supplements and some not so rare ones.  I have been told that Book 7: Merchant Prince is one of the rarer ones so I would not be freaked out by a bit higher bid on it than say Book 4: Mercenary.  But this is one of those times where I am just a bit "freaked out".

Check out this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

And then this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

Same seller, same item.  So am I missing something here or are the two people bidding on the second auction just out of their frickin' minds?  8O

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:27 pm 
 

KingOfPain wrote:Same seller, same item. So am I missing something here or are the two people bidding on the second auction just out of their frickin' minds? 8O


As an eBay seller, let me admit that I love folks like that. People who get into aggressive bidding wars are your absolute best friends.

As long as they're willing to go through with the consequences of their stupidity ;)

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 851
Joined: Jun 12, 2004
Last Visit: May 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:38 pm 
 

KingOfPain wrote:Eh, instead of creating a new thread, this seemed the perfect one to use. I realize there are some rare Traveller supplements and some not so rare ones. I have been told that Book 7: Merchant Prince is one of the rarer ones so I would not be freaked out by a bit higher bid on it than say Book 4: Mercenary. But this is one of those times where I am just a bit "freaked out".

Check out this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

And then this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

Same seller, same item. So am I missing something here or are the two people bidding on the second auction just out of their frickin' minds? 8O

Well, the guy who was losing the outrageously priced Book 7 decided to bid on the OTHER Book 7, and it looks as if it might pay off.  I won't be bidding if a nutjob like that is willing to shell out over $100 for a book that isn't worth more than $25 tops.



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7955
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:25 pm 
 

KingOfPain wrote:Eh, instead of creating a new thread, this seemed the perfect one to use. I realize there are some rare Traveller supplements and some not so rare ones. I have been told that Book 7: Merchant Prince is one of the rarer ones so I would not be freaked out by a bit higher bid on it than say Book 4: Mercenary. But this is one of those times where I am just a bit "freaked out".

Check out this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

And then this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2547&rd=1

Same seller, same item. So am I missing something here or are the two people bidding on the second auction just out of their frickin' minds? 8O


Wow, how much could I get for my Book 8 Robots from either of those two clowns?

Mike B.

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1