Lines you would collect but for the $
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:14 pm 

dbartman wrote in Lines you would collect but for the $:I enjoyed Traveller quite a bit too.  I just haven't found enough players over the years that want to play.  But, that didn't stop me from collecting it...  :oops:

An interesting note about Traveller - I was introduced to Traveller by Chris Carstanjen from our high school D&D club.  He always tried to get me to play other systems beyond AD&D and with his insistence, I played so many more systems than I probably would have without his recommendations.  Although Chris wasn't a close friend, we played a lot of RPGs in HS and managed to bump in to each other occasionally afterwards.  

Tragically, he was killed in the second plane crash on 9/11 in NYC.  I didn't know it at the time, but I witnessed that very plane crash from the streets of NY that day.  Some strange, unexplainable linkage there.

Traveller is on my list to collect someday - mainly because it reminds me of Chris and how he opened up my mind to playing all different systems.  I can never thank him for that now but I'll never forget him for it.

http://www.oit.umass.edu/about/christof ... rial-award

~throwi

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 am 

Actually one that has eluded me is EOTP. I always wanted to start with a nice condition original set and missed out a number of times and sort of put it in the too hard basket.

Previous