MERP issue
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:25 pm 

OK, so there I was quietly re-cataloguing and re-packing my lovely Mint/NearMint MERP collection ("my preciousssss….what me? Nothing at all, just doing some tidying. Honest") and I discovered I was missing an Adventure Module; Bree and the Barrow Downs. I vaguely remember selling a copy ages ago and must have forgotten to replace it.

So anyone got one for sale?  Needs to be a tip-top condition or it will be bullied by the other super-modules.

Will pay a goodly sum to fill thus gap… Help !  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm 

Also... here is a US-only lot that might go cheapish for someone who wants to start a collection (condition is a bit rough but you have to start somewhere and would be great for a playing lot).

** expired eBay auction **

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm 

red_bus wrote:Also... here is a US-only lot that might go cheapish for someone who wants to start a collection (condition is a bit rough but you have to start somewhere and would be great for a playing lot).

Is this seller the guy from Storage Wars?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm 

Yes, that is the same guy from the Storage Wars.  I can't believe all of the money he is making by selling his hats for $30.00.  They are selling like crazy??

Only in America.........

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:59 pm 

NMilty wrote:Yes, that is the same guy from the Storage Wars.  I can't believe all of the money he is making by selling his hats for $30.00.  They are selling like crazy??

Only in America.........

$25 for his hat!

He has enough feedback to understand ebays rules on damage returns but still talks about not being responsible for shipping. I would definitely check to see if these merp books are complete with maps before bidding.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 am 

What is storage wars?  And why would anyone be interested in his hat?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:22 am 

Sardan wrote:What is storage wars?  And why would anyone be interested in his hat?

I am glad you asked this question becasue I am interested in the answer as well

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am 

Sardan wrote:What is storage wars?  And why would anyone be interested in his hat?

Others who watch can correct me, but it is a reality show following people who bid on forfeited storage lockers.  They get 5 minutes to look at what might be in it before the auction.  Are there treasures or not basically.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am 

Correct.

And one of the Storage Wars buyers a few years ago bought a storage locker once owned by Paris Hilton, and sold the contents for 1 or 2 million.

I enjoy watching the show, and it's new kissin' cousin Storage Wars Texas.

And there is another storage locker auction show with the two guys that are partners, but I forgot which network hosts it...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 pm 

You've answered your own question.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:36 pm 

red_bus wrote:Also... here is a US-only lot that might go cheapish for someone who wants to start a collection (condition is a bit rough but you have to start somewhere and would be great for a playing lot).

Just looked throught his guy's feedback and auction terms!!  What an A-hole.  I would never buy from this self important demanding freak!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:57 pm 

Thanks for the replies on Storage Wars guys. We haven't imported that programme yet (I don't think). I am a proper Telly snob* so I think I will give it a miss.

*although one of my guilty pleasures is Man v Food. I just wish they wouldn't patronise the audience by repeating and recapping everything as if we all have two second memories/attention spans.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:39 pm 

Sardan wrote:*although one of my guilty pleasures is Man v Food. I just wish they wouldn't patronise the audience by repeating and recapping everything as if we all have two second memories/attention spans.

OT I know - but last year when I had a wider cable subscription, I became hooked on Dog the Bounty Hunter !!   :D  :D

It is brilliantly made - every episode a perfect narrative arc.

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:Correct.

And one of the Storage Wars buyers a few years ago bought a storage locker once owned by Paris Hilton, and sold the contents for 1 or 2 million.

I enjoy watching the show, and it's new kissin' cousin Storage Wars Texas.

And there is another storage locker auction show with the two guys that are partners, but I forgot which network hosts it...

The show drives me crazy, because typically they vastly overpay for the contents of the storage lockers.  They manage to hit a couple of big ones a year which makes up for their hundreds of misses.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

Just looked throught his guy's feedback and auction terms!!  What an A-hole.  I would never buy from this self important demanding freak!!

Well, you know how it works. He can say whatever he wants, but Ebay is the final arbiter. He can say he doesn't accept returns, damage, or pink elephants, but if you do a chargeback he's fucked....Ebay will refund you and you have the option of flaming his DSRs.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:08 pm 

hi
the storage wars program is on sky {234} with pawn stars ect,on uk tv
didnt we just have a locker auction of ad&d/d&d stuff which was tracked down :)
re4321

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 pm 

The show drives me crazy, because typically they vastly overpay for the contents of the storage lockers.  They manage to hit a couple of big ones a year which makes up for their hundreds of misses.

Mike B

You are totally correct.  Plus, they count the value of the items as profit event though they haven't sold the stuff yet.  As all of us collectors and Ebay sellers know, stuff doesn't always sell for its "appraised" value.  I must say it is entertaining watching the various personalities bid up the lockers just to screw the other guys!!