Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:57 pm 

I see Bill is raising more money with 3 more KS ...  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 pm 

Wow. Just..........wow.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 pm 

And shock of the century, people are reporting problems already.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 am 

Did anyone receive their collaborator’s book? i received everything except for that.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 am 

carrejo wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:Did anyone receive their collaborator’s book? i received everything except for that.

I did not.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 am 

Deadlord wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:And shock of the century, people are reporting problems already.

If the Kickstarters have just finished, surely they can't be letting people down already? Not without a special effort being made.
Surely these issues (if there are any) lie on Ben's shoulders, as he's the one with the experience, the social media presence, and a reputation to protect for his career?
And surely being as socially savy as he is, messrs Barsh will be addressing their critics online and resolving these issues promptly.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:39 pm 

Plaag wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:
I did not.

ShaneG.

Thanks, just want to know if this book exists or not, and whether I should give up on following up on this.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 pm 

It does exist and some people have gotten it.  I haven't received it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 am 

I honestly think the Barsh family are now dining out on their reputation and actually robbing people of money without the ability to deliver the goods anymore

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:57 am 

ashmire13 wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:I honestly think the Barsh family are now dining out on their reputation and actually robbing people of money without the ability to deliver the goods anymore

If that's the case, that's really short sighted of Ben Barsh. He's got a media presence and a prospective career, and the amount of damage the internet can do to his career, particularly when his name is searchable and posts get stored by more than a hundred search engines. You would expect Bill to want to protect his son's reputation in these matters, and not attach his son to Pacesetter Games until he'd established a reputation for honesty and integrity.

Also, if there is form for screwing customers, then the recent Kickstarters could be argued to be specific acts of fraud with Kickstarter, and backers could lobby KS to have them shut down. They could possibly demonstrate a history of failure and take legal action against Kickstarter alleging that they should have known and should have protected customers from such companies. There is no end of online news outlets and social media channels who can run with a story like this should interested parties feel like they want to kick up a stink. It's not like you can hide names and addresses in this world anymore, so taking money from masses of people and not fulfilling is not a good idea. You only need one nutter to really ruin you life! Why would anyone take a chance like that?

I assume Bill and Ben ignore Acaeum now?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:I assume Bill and Ben ignore Acaeum now?

Bill's last visit was Aug 21, 2020.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:59 am 

Hopefully they are aware of the issues of trust then and are willing to reassure people on a public forum.
I wasn't around for Cataclysm. Was there dialogue during that one?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:34 am 

There were countless broken promises and missed deadlines from Bill for years

He was on the Acaeum for a while during that time but soon stopped when he kept failing to deliver

The KS itself had a discussion thread for years with the same people asking for their goods and updates

I believe Bill did fulfill about 90% of the items promised in the KS to about 90% of the backers?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:16 am 

The real question is why Kickstarter allow failures to do further Kickstarters. Like eBay, Kickstarter makes money regardless of who loses out and how often. Their income stream comes from the project not the backer. There will always be backers.

The best backers who feel they've been defrauded can do is make a lot of noise with a lot of posts in as many public forums as possible, and with as many mentioning of individuals' names as possible. That way individuals may come to feel that they have to take personal responsibility to protect their own reputations, as they learn that what they do and who they are associated with come to impact on their career options and who wants to be associated with them.

Somewhere along the line individuals will realise their own personal reputations can impact them. It doesn't matter to most of the older generations, but it should for Ben if people start talking about money being lost backing Pacesetter projects.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:The real question is why Kickstarter allow failures to do further Kickstarters. Like eBay, Kickstarter makes money regardless of who loses out and how often. Their income stream comes from the project not the backer. There will always be backers.

The best backers who feel they've been defrauded can do is make a lot of noise with a lot of posts in as many public forums as possible, and with as many mentioning of individuals' names as possible. That way individuals may come to feel that they have to take personal responsibility to protect their own reputations, as they learn that what they do and who they are associated with come to impact on their career options and who wants to be associated with them.

Somewhere along the line individuals will realise their own personal reputations can impact them. It doesn't matter to most of the older generations, but it should for Ben if people start talking about money being lost backing Pacesetter projects.

I think the Cataclysm kickstarter was done by Bill Barsh, these latest are from Pacesetter Games. So change your name and hide from your reputation, same thing eBay frauds do all the time.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:18 pm 

Unfortunately that’s what is happening, so Bill appears to be deliberately hiding his last f**k up

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:56 pm 

ashmire13 wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:Unfortunately that’s what is happening, so Bill appears to be deliberately hiding his last f**k up

By hanging his son out to dry?! I can't see a father doing that to his own son.

Ben is the one who went on YouTube saying he left Frog God Games to join the family business. He's the author and the one answering critics, so it's his actions, not his father. Ben Barsh is the one who needs to think about his reputation, and he's the one who has a future to think about, and is starting to build a reputation for failure in a company that already has a history of failure.

Reminds me of an old adage about apples and trees.
Incidentally, I don't imagine any of this can be considered fraud, because KS make it clear that you are not guaranteed a thing in exchange for your money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm 

As I've also found out, you don't really have recourse through credit cards for KS failures, as the time limit will have expired.

This is one of the factors as to why I gave up on new items. I won't deal with KS anymore, and that means I'll miss some things. So be it.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

PreviousNext