The Cataclysm is Here...
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:26 pm 

This has caused me so much frustration I’ve just given up on the books I’m owed.  Those KS comments really tell the tale. I’m sorry for everyone still dealing with their rewards.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:05 am 

It’s been over a year since Bill logged in on here, so that suggests he’s dropped the Acaeum as a place to come, having mugged off all of us who supported him get pacesetter games off the ground.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:47 am 

I’ve said it before but just to reiterate. If Bill hadn’t been such an Acaeum “name” he would have been absolutely crucified here, and rightly so. If truth be told he should have got a lot more grief from the members here because of the name on this disastrously run Kickstarter. (But even when this started Bill had a history of letting people down - there were threads here about failed ebay deals going way back.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:09 am 

Hey now, I've been nothing but relentlessly sarcastic and condescending from the start!
I have very few triggers, but people who take advantage of others and/or ignore commitments that THEY made do tend to piss me off.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:54 am 

For those who missed it...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:42 pm 

Someone should scan in all of the contents of the books and throw them out there as freebies to put a dent in Bill's attempt to milk people for more money.
Utterly disgusting, accepting and fulfilling a new order when so many are unfulfilled. Has anyone thought about the possibility that he may be able to be hit with a class-action lawsuit? At the very least Kickstarter should be alerted, perhaps he can be banned from any more attempts to steal.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:52 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Shady Dealers:First, I will go back and read through some of these later tonight to answer objectively and coherently. I will say that at this time, I know nearly all sets were shipped. As everyone clearly is aware, the massive length of time it took me to complete and deliver this project was certainly, well, horrible. That is in me and I have always taken responsibility for that. The problem with delivery of some sets is that KS has removed some
Buyers who are no longer on KS OR WE HAVE. BAD EMAIL ADDRESSES. I have noted this in updates.

So I will our this right out there, if you have not received your set, please email me:  [email protected]

Again, I have made plenty of mistakes on this and I am truly sorry. It doesn’t go a long way, but there it is.

I will read back through these and respond as I can. Especially to backers. Speculation by those who aren’t backers is fine. I’m a target-rich environment regarding this so it is what it is.

Respectfully
Bill

Bill posted that in the Shady Dealers topic on 06-MAR-20. Looks like he's trying to make things right ... can' hurt to reach out to him if you still haven't gotten your KS rewards.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:11 am 

Utter BS.
The "problem with delivery of some sets is simple": They were never shipped. No longer on KS? I wasn't aware you could quit. He would have had every backer's physical address right from the get-go, no? So it took SEVEN YEARS to tell people you needed their e-mail addresses?
He was able to sell a set to Metal-Demon in December pretty quickly. Either Metal's set was just sitting around (unshipped to a backer) or he is still producing them; either way, it is yet another lie.
The simplest explanation for this fiasco is that he blew part or all of the KS money, either by underestimating the cost of production or intentionally. If nothing else, he should have refunded everyone the money. Personally I can't even conceive of doing this to anyone, much less Acaeum members who by and large are a really great group and who backed him solely because he was a known figure.
There's not much that ticks me off more than a bad lie. To me, it is one of the worst insults you can give to someone. Basically, Barsh is saying "I think the backers are so stupid that they'll believe this".

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:17 am 

What should creators do if they're having problems completing their project? – Kickstarter Support

Light reading for Barsh.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:25 pm 

Lord Metal-Demon wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:
Bill posted that in the Shady Dealers topic on 06-MAR-20. Looks like he's trying to make things right ... can' hurt to reach out to him if you still haven't gotten your KS rewards.

Unfortunately more BarshShit as he’s not been back to answer the critics here, he’s just caning everyone for what he got out the KS, which is a real shame

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm 

One bad apple............

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:30 pm 

Presumably everyone got what they paid for now? Only been 8+? Years?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:57 pm 

I see Bill is raising more money with 3 more KS ...  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 pm 

Wow. Just..........wow.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 pm 

And shock of the century, people are reporting problems already.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 am 

Did anyone receive their collaborator’s book? i received everything except for that.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 am 

carrejo wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:Did anyone receive their collaborator’s book? i received everything except for that.

I did not.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 am 

Deadlord wrote in The Cataclysm is Here...:And shock of the century, people are reporting problems already.

If the Kickstarters have just finished, surely they can't be letting people down already? Not without a special effort being made.
Surely these issues (if there are any) lie on Ben's shoulders, as he's the one with the experience, the social media presence, and a reputation to protect for his career?
And surely being as socially savy as he is, messrs Barsh will be addressing their critics online and resolving these issues promptly.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext