OSR - Product line
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 am 

Howdy all, today i found this product line i have never seen before (i have to admit i am not following EVERYTHING related to OSR...):

http://0onegames.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35

...is there anybody who can tell me smtg about these modules? are they worth?

thanks and ciaooo

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:30 pm 

I have them (as part of my buying all the OSRIC/ADD1 stuff in the OSR), but haven't really looked at them.  I recall the format being nice.

http://tenfootpole.org/ironspike has reviews; and I'm sure there are others out there too.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:16 am 

aia wrote:Howdy all, today i found this product line i have never seen before (i have to admit i am not following EVERYTHING related to OSR...):

Welcome to 0one Games Website0one Games

...is there anybody who can tell me smtg about these modules? are they worth?

thanks and ciaooo

I own hardcopies (and PDFs) of the Labyrinth Lord and S&W rulebooks.
The quality is very good.
Both are good OSR rulesets, and great alternatives if you don't want to buy/use classic D&D books.

I also own a couple of the modules that I bought for playing.
The quality is good and consistent with old-school flavor.

As far as whether they're good collectibles ... well, I honestly don't know, but the OSR fad continues to grow.

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Last edited by Keith the Thief on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 pm 

I love the um, old school, look of those mods... I'd buy 'em in print for sure :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 pm 

davidc wrote:I love the um, old school, look of those mods... I'd buy 'em in print for sure :)

I second the print thing. I will buy almost anything that has good production values in a printed format (not so big on POD stuff, but since that is where it is headed I will bow to the inevitable).

Zach

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm 

Nogrod wrote:
davidc wrote:I love the um, old school, look of those mods... I'd buy 'em in print for sure :)

I second the print thing. I will buy almost anything that has good production values in a printed format (not so big on POD stuff, but since that is where it is headed I will bow to the inevitable).

Zach

No, do not given to the Dark Side!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 am 

I usually get both if the PDF is a free or very inexpensive.
Reading a PDF book on an iPad has turned out to be a very good way to learn the material (say, if you were going to play the module).

But I agree, like the old saying "there's no substitute for butter," there's no substitute for a real book.
And these modules really do feel like old 1E TSR books.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm 

I agree. My ipad is full of PDFs of AD&D/OSRIC mods and magazines etc and it's very handy for reference and reading. I'm pleased with that, because I always found reading a PDF on a laptop screen tiresome, but the ipad works. Might just be a size thing.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I agree. My ipad is full of PDFs of AD&D/OSRIC mods and magazines etc and it's very handy for reference and reading. I'm pleased with that, because I always found reading a PDF on a laptop screen tiresome, but the ipad works. Might just be a size thing.

Yeah, it has the right dimensions ... and maybe it's just a psychological thing, but it doesn't seem to cause the eye strain I get from a laptop or desktop.

GoodReader is an excellent app, btw, if you haven't tried it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 am 

Found them on lulu... I'm going to order a couple & check them out :)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type ... ulu.com&q=

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm 

Keith the Thief wrote:
ashmire13 wrote:I agree. My ipad is full of PDFs of AD&D/OSRIC mods and magazines etc and it's very handy for reference and reading. I'm pleased with that, because I always found reading a PDF on a laptop screen tiresome, but the ipad works. Might just be a size thing.

Yeah, it has the right dimensions ... and maybe it's just a psychological thing, but it doesn't seem to cause the eye strain I get from a laptop or desktop.

GoodReader is an excellent app, btw, if you haven't tried it.

I've found that the iBooks is fine for PDFs anyway, haven't bothered with any other apps to try

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:47 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:<null>

Yeah, iBooks works great.
I just needed GoodReader (or one like it) so I could have a semblance of a "Windows Explorer" or "Finder"-type file system.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 am 

davidc wrote:Found them on lulu... I'm going to order a couple & check them out :)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type ... ulu.com&q=

If you change the filter to just OSRIC, you will see a lot more modules and accessories. Granted there is stuff that you will have to sift through, but this way you will not miss out on some other potential gems out there.

Hope that helps - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:00 pm 

davidc wrote:...

David,

I noticed your avatar is "Castle Zagyg, the Dungeons."
Is that now available?
If so, where? I checked Troll Lord Games but didn't see it.

Thanks,
Keith

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:20 am 

I wish Keith, just hopeful thinking on my part... I found the image for it, plus for some other CZ planned books on-line... sad to think what might have been  :(

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm 

Ok, a few 0onegames scenerios arrived... on a quick read through, I give the layout an A+ (dynamite old school feel), the art an A (both the cover & interior are very appealing, very nice :)), the plot a solid B (predictable but not too cliche), the only negative is the english is a bit off at times, another edit would help.  All in all, some nice stuff :)  Several titles are availale from Lulu, just search for the author 'Mario Barbati'
Attachment:
DSCN0032.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm 

davidc wrote:Ok, a few 0onegames scenerios arrived... on a quick read through, I give the layout an A+ (dynamite old school feel), the art an A (both the cover & interior are very appealing, very nice :)), the plot a solid B (predictable but not too cliche), the only negative is the english is a bit off at times, another edit would help.  All in all, some nice stuff :)  Several titles are availale from Lulu, just search for the author 'Mario Barbati'

I like the cover art.
The layout looks traditional (which is a good thing IMHO).
I take they're written for 1E rulebooks

Are they part of a series, or standalone?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 am 

Well, doing some other searches i found this other line of products "old-style"-look:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=426984

did anybody purchase one of them? (i found that on drivethrourpg you can have 2 products for free...)

Next