Kickstarter: Craft of Corpse Born for DCC RPG
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Your pricing does seem rather high. Is there any market basis for this?

Actually, yes.  In comparison to the latest DCC modules and independent modules like Attack of the Frawgs.  This module has twice to three times the content (and printed pages) and is only about 50% more in price.  The printing of the extra pages and content costs the $$$.  I have collected probably every module (licensed independent and DCC) for DCC RPG so far and this one should have the most content out of all of them to date.  I would be VERY surprised if anyone would think that they were not getting their monies worth after they receive this thick module.  This probably would not be a single session module.  I would expect this to be a 2 or 3 session module.  Should be a blast and hopefully well worth the money. :D

Keith Monschke

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:57 am 

I was backer #2.  I love me some small press that's just getting started, and DCC has been scratching an itch for me anyway.

Sunrunner44 - kickstarter addict, helpful bastard

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 am 

Scooby Rex wrote:
ashmire13 wrote:Your pricing does seem rather high. Is there any market basis for this?

Actually, yes.  In comparison to the latest DCC modules and independent modules like Attack of the Frawgs.  This module has twice to three times the content (and printed pages) and is only about 50% more in price.  The printing of the extra pages and content costs the $$$.  I have collected probably every module (licensed independent and DCC) for DCC RPG so far and this one should have the most content out of all of them to date.  I would be VERY surprised if anyone would think that they were not getting their monies worth after they receive this thick module.  This probably would not be a single session module.  I would expect this to be a 2 or 3 session module.  Should be a blast and hopefully well worth the money. :D

Keith Monschke

How many pages Keith? Can't say that I'd go for the $400 which seems rather steep, but I'm becoming more interested, depending on the DCC thing really.
What level would this be aimed at?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:05 am 

sunrunner44 wrote:I was backer #2.  I love me some small press that's just getting started, and DCC has been scratching an itch for me anyway.

Sunrunner44 - kickstarter addict, helpful bastard

Thanks allot Sunrunner44.  You know we truly appreciate all the help we can get from our supporters.  This module will start Alpha play test with 2 separate play test groups in about 1 week.  Depending on the feedback from the play testing... we may be ahead of schedule to get this project done.

Keith Monschke

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:13 am 

ashmire13 wrote:
Scooby Rex wrote:

Keith Monschke

How many pages Keith? Can't say that I'd go for the $400 which seems rather steep, but I'm becoming more interested, depending on the DCC thing really.
What level would this be aimed at?

The whole project is not laid out yet in Adobe Indesign.  But I am going to give it a page range of between 28 and 48 printed pages.  That is at least my expectation right now.  Joseph Goodman just released The 13th Skull and it is a high quality project of 16 pages in size.  So you can see that Craft of Corpse born is a sizable project.  Not really a door stop in weight but you know you have some playtime ahead of you with it.  And thanks for the consideration about sponsoring this ashmire.

Keith Monschke

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 am 

Just a little more art for the forum.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 pm 

With Kickstarter, you are asking folks to pledge money on a promise that you will produce a finished product as described. The fact that you have little to say about the actual product on your kickstarter page isn't going to instill confidence in prospective buyers. Additionally, your PDF buy-in is higher than the cost of a GG DCC RPG Adventure, and Goodman sets the high water mark for DCC RPG adventures.

No stretch goals either (say what you want about stretch goals, but they chum the water) is a sign of a project not fully prepared.

I personally think your need to get your ducks in a line before you seek funding for a project. Having a page range of 28-48 pages is a huge spread, especially for a print product. The high end could kill your margins.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 pm 

Well, I talked via email with Joseph Goodman more about my project.  He indicated that most people have their project complete or very close to complete before launching a Kickstarter.  Due to this being the number one concern with the posts on here I think I should address this head on.  Not by an explanation, but by temporarily cancelling the Kickstarter for this project until the digital, ebook, .pdf version is released and it is ready to go to the presses.  At least at that point people can read reviews of it and have a VERY good idea of exactly what they will be getting.  The timeline for this has not changed at all.  I will just launch a new kickstarter when the project is about ready to go to the presses.  Then it will be certain that it has the "Compatible with DCC RPG" license and people will know what they are getting in to with it.  I hope everyone follows the progress as it gets close to release.  The progress can still be followed at: http://www.facebook.com/DragonClawAdventures  or on twitter at:  https://twitter.com/DragonClawAdven  please continue to help support this project as it finishes up its development project.

Thank you all for your comments,

Keith Monschke

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 am 

Good luck, Kieth!   :salut:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 am 

Sounds like a much more backable project now Keith. Good luck!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Previous