Kickstarter: Craft of Corpse Born for DCC RPG
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm 

Compatible with DCC RPG.

Here, the corpses walk, the townsfolk flee and you stand between them.

You have heard the cries of your uncle... "I desperately need your help. Save us. Save our town.  For the glory and honor of our family name save all that is good and destroy everything else."
Now it's up to you to solve the mystery and fight through the evils that block your path.  You are tasked with a quest to save this once peaceful town and all that is left from demonic corruption.

Kickstarter up at:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667 ... rpg-module

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 am 

Welcome to the forum.

You've already posted this in the KS thread. Is this your project then?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 am 

And what if, after it's funded, the adventure isn't approved by Goodman Games? To run a KS without it even potentially being viable strikes me as rather poor.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:And what if, after it's funded, the adventure isn't approved by Goodman Games? To run a KS without it even potentially being viable strikes me as rather poor.

Thanks for pointing that out..that does seem backwards, doesn't it?

The funding deadline is for the module to be (initially) complete and submitted to Joseph Goodman of Goodman Games, Inc. (makers of DCC RPG) for licensing approval by Sunday, 21 October, 2012 at 11:59pm (CST).  Licensing approval is mandatory to be able to include the "Compatible with DCC RPG" logo on the cover and back of the module and for linked marketing of the module with Goodman Games.

Funding is required to pay for the required software to create this module and compensation for art and efforts for those involved in pushing this through the production process.  The completed and licensed module (Using the OGL from Wizards of the Coast and DCC RPG licensing from Goodman Games) will initially be published online through RPGNOW.  Once this goal has been met, the printed production run will start (approximately January, 2013).  This is where your rewards come in.  As a contributor you will receive your rewards long before anyone else has access to the printed module at their local gaming store.

His first line is
Scooby Rex wrote:Compatible with DCC RPG.

Probably not the best way to get on a licensor's best side by claiming it's "compatible" (ie, officially licensed) when it's not officially licensed...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm 

Sounds a bit like jumping on the bandwagon without any product. It may only be an OGL adventure or OSRIC maybe? That doesn't really warrant a KS of high costs. DCC compatibility should already been confirmed IMHO

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm 

Well if he gets funded he should hire a better artist, his promo art sucks  :puker:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Well if he gets funded he should hire a better artist, his promo art sucks  :puker:

Agreed.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:34 pm 

Thanks for all the feedback.  Believe it or not it is appreciated.  As far as the "Compatible with DCC RPG" goes.  I guess I could change that to "written to be compatible with DCC RPG".  Obviously the intent is to get the license approved.  What has not been said is that I have been in contact with Joseph Goodman through this creation.  At this point, I am doing everything to meet his expectations and fully expect him to approve the license for Craft of Corpse Born.  Unfortunately, the license can not be approved until the whole project is done.  So the best I can do is to state that the project is being written for "DCC RPG".

The scenario presented I think would be a logical concern that if this is backed and Joseph Goodman does not give his "OK" for the license then it would not even be produced.  However, given the evolution of this project and the contact with Joseph Goodman so far to date I think that would be a remote possibility.  But, even if the rare chance happens that he does not approve it.  There are still two options here.  One is to work with Mr. Goodman to correct any problems that he thinks needs to be addressed and get the licensing.  The other is to forego the "Compatible with DCC RPG" logo and market it by itself under the already compatible "D20" OGL from WoTC.  In other words, this will get published one way or the other.  Just on the off chance that Joseph Goodman does not approve the licensing then there would be no linking or help with the marketing through their site and of course the "Compatible with DCC RPG" logo would not be found anywhere on this module.

As far as the art goes... well, I would love to have the best artists out there create for this project.  But even the best artists will not be liked by many people.  The artist that I hired has his work displayed at: http://jordangalaviz.carbonmade.com/projects/3208913#6  I am hoping to hire on more artists but have fallen short on finding quality available artists to create custom work for me.  After tons of searching http://www.deviantart.com/ and writing many emails I still have no one that will produce custom work.  The search is not over and I am still getting more art developed everyday for this project.  If anyone knows of artists that would like to submit to this project I am open to suggestions.  I would need to see their examples of their work first of course.  I have high hopes for more and different art to be included.  I even traced down and contacted "Tramp" to see if he would produce work... but as expected, he is completely out of the industry now with no explanation.

Hope this helps.  I think all of the concerns will be fully addressed by the end of this project for a very high quality project.

Thanks for the feedback,

Keith Monschke

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 pm 

I back many kickstarters early just to watch how they progress. I backed this one from my mobile phone without paying too much attention. :/ I guess I should have had alarms go off earlier since the OP's post count was real low, but I was quick on the draw.

I am going to watch just to read the updates, but after the thing about DCC compatibility I am dropping my pledge to the minimum.

Thanks for allowing me to correct my stupidities. It will surprise me if this doesn't get the authors in some kind of trouble with KS.

Zach

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:50 am 

Funny that he's not been back to comment since? I sense an attempt to milk a market and jump on the bandwagon.

Maybe John himself could shed some light if he's been talking to the guy?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:35 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Funny that he's not been back to comment since? I sense an attempt to milk a market and jump on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately my responses must be approved by a moderator first before being viewable to the general public.  I know the moderators get backed up so it looks like it takes awhile for them to get approved.  In response to you comment about me not being back on... well, my response that I posted over 12 hours ago still has not been approved as I write this response.  So, I am trying to quickly respond.  The timing however is out of my control.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 am 

Scooby Rex wrote:
ashmire13 wrote:Funny that he's not been back to comment since? I sense an attempt to milk a market and jump on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately my responses must be approved by a moderator first before being viewable to the general public.  I know the moderators get backed up so it looks like it takes awhile for them to get approved.  In response to you comment about me not being back on... well, my response that I posted over 12 hours ago still has not been approved as I write this response.  So, I am trying to quickly respond.  The timing however is out of my control.

I went to repost my original response and again it told me that it must be approved by a moderator first.  I am suspecting that it is because it is several paragraphs long.  This short response, however, gets posted instantly.

Keith Monschke

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:47 am 

Feel free to give us a short response on this then.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 pm 

I will attempt to break the paragraphs up in to individual posts to see if that will get posted since we are at almost 20 hours now since my original post that is still not visible.

Thanks for all the feedback. Believe it or not it is appreciated. As far as the "Compatible with DCC RPG" goes. I guess I could change that to "written to be compatible with DCC RPG". Obviously the intent is to get the license approved. What has not been said is that I have been in contact with Joseph Goodman through this creation. At this point, I am doing everything to meet his expectations and fully expect him to approve the license for Craft of Corpse Born. Unfortunately, the license can not be approved until the whole project is done. So the best I can do is to state that the project is being written for "DCC RPG".

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:05 pm 

The scenario presented I think would be a logical concern that if this is backed and Joseph Goodman does not give his "OK" for the license then it would not even be produced. However, given the evolution of this project and the contact with Joseph Goodman so far to date I think that would be a remote possibility. But, even if the rare chance happens that he does not approve it. There are still two options here. One is to work with Mr. Goodman to correct any problems that he thinks needs to be addressed and get the licensing. The other is to forego the "Compatible with DCC RPG" logo and market it by itself under the already compatible "D20" OGL from WoTC. In other words, this will get published one way or the other. Just on the off chance that Joseph Goodman does not approve the licensing then there would be no linking or help with the marketing through their site and of course the "Compatible with DCC RPG" logo would not be found anywhere on this module.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:06 pm 

As far as the art goes... well, I would love to have the best artists out there create for this project. But even the best artists will not be liked by many people. The artist that I hired has his work displayed at: http://jordangalaviz.carbonmade.com/projects/3208913#6 I am hoping to hire on more artists but have fallen short on finding quality available artists to create custom work for me. After tons of searching http://www.deviantart.com/ and writing many emails I still have no one that will produce custom work. The search is not over and I am still getting more art developed everyday for this project. If anyone knows of artists that would like to submit to this project I am open to suggestions.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 pm 

Also, the entire response is available at the Kickstarter page under the comments section.  Please see it there since I can't get it posted here.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm 

Thanks for that. Do you have any other history in print, just out of interest?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Next