Calling Games Workshop / Warhammer / WFB experts
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm 

As a slight extension of my WFRP 1E/2E collection, I collect early WFB as well (through 3E).  I thought I had a good handle on what was out there, and I've spotted a few printing variations (mostly inconsequential - errata sheets, bonus item like a badge or mini not included in second printing, etc.), but this morning, something on ebay caught my eye:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Some digging led me to these:

Anyone know about the different art for these two box sets?  I don't know about any other major art changes like this; anyone know of others?  Are these print run differences?  Different products for different countries?  Which came first (I assume the blue and green, not the full color)?  This site seems to confirm that I'm right, at least for BotS:
GW_addons

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:40 pm 

Another item I've been wondering about is Dungeon Floor Plans 1 (mid-80s version, not the early ones that are usually of interest here).  Here is a recent example on ebay:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

The first printing of this one came with a "psychostyrene" dwarf mini.  Anyone know what that term means and/or have a picture of the mini?  I have a nice copy of the set, but no information on the dwarf.

Are there any sites that discuss collecting of old GW material?  The only ones I've seen are, unsurprisingly, focused on minis.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 am 

Psychostyrene was an early attempt by Citadel to make plastic miniatures, and was harder, more detailed, than others of that type. It was also called "drastik plastik" or some thing.

I don't have a picture of the dwarf since I am hoping to get the set myself...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.