GC1 It Lurks Below is Here - Gen Con Special
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 pm 

Re:         GC1 It Lurks Below
       Chance to win the DM Copy

Date:         August 9, 2012

GC1 It Lurks Below, Pacesetter's first annual Gen Con Special module, is available for purchase at pacesettergames.com. This module will have a single print run and will only be sold at Gen Con 2012 or online at pacesettergames.com from August 9 through August 19, 2012. Each copy will be individually signed and numbered.

GC1 It Lurks Below is a 16-page adventure module for use with the First Edition game system and designed for four to eight first level characters. The Gen Con module series will continue each year and the build on the previous year's scenario. The series will advance through ninth level in 2020; in 2021 a new series will begin.

This adventure will be run at Gen Con and one lucky purchaser will receive the DM's copy from the convention. Simply purchase your copy of GC1 It Lurks Below and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win the DM's copy. The DM's copy will be mailed free of charge to you on August 20.

From the cover:
A mournful daughter has begged you for aid. Her father, keeper of the city's vast sewer system has disappeared. The city guard will do nothing and she suspects foul play or possibly something even more sinister. An adventure is at hand but only one thing is certain, It Lurks Below!

http://pacesettergames.com/index.html

Shipping
This module will ship on August 15 or may be purchased/picked up at Gen Con beginning August 16 at the OSR Publications booth (#1359).

CLP Qualifier
GC1 is part of the 2012 CLP series.

2012 CLP Module List required* for free module:
Q4 The Final Chapter -- May 31, 2012
T2 The Things in the Forest -- June 8, 2012
TM3 Raid on the Acaeum (NTX Tournament Version) -- June 9, 2012  SOLD OUT
SW1 The Secret of Redscar -- August 15, 2012
GC1 It Lurks Below -- August 15, 2012
Q5 While the Sun Sleeps -- July 15, 2012
A1 Path of the Slave Masters -- August 16, 2012
I3 Stranded in the Sapphire Sea -- September 15, 2012
G1 The Blood Cult -- November 15, 2012

* To qualify, CLP members need only purchase six modules from the list above. Note, some titles may changes as the names are tentative. Those who purchase all nine modules, will receive a special expanded version of the free module.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm 

Placed my order.... :mrgreen:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:34 pm 

A quick reminder that sales for GC1 will end on Sunday evening just after Gen Con shuts down.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:59 pm 

Thanks Bill.  I had completely forgotten about it.  Order placed!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm 

Got mine :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 am 

Nice! Ordered a copy

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 am 

Okay - Have I ordered this or not?  (I lose track.)

Also, if I haven't ordered it, could I have it shipped with the other modules I ordered last week?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:07 pm 

Did this (and SW1) ever ship?  I assume the projected Aug 15 date didn't happen...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Did this (and SW1) ever ship?  I assume the projected Aug 15 date didn't happen...

Watch your mail. Should be there any day. There is a possibility the modules will come in two separate shipments. About half the GC1s had a significant printing error and had to be reprinted and shipped separately. My mailing house sent me a list of those who were definately getting separate mailings, and I emailed those people. However, I know at least two people who were not correctly identified. You make three, dang it. Could be more, but all modules are in the mail at this time. Shoot me an email if modules, either one or both, do not arrive by close tomorrow.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:44 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
TheHistorian wrote:Did this (and SW1) ever ship?  I assume the projected Aug 15 date didn't happen...

Watch your mail. Should be there any day. There is a possibility the modules will come in two separate shipments. About half the GC1s had a significant printing error and had to be reprinted and shipped separately. My mailing house sent me a list of those who were definately getting separate mailings, and I emailed those people. However, I know at least two people who were not correctly identified. You make three, dang it. Could be more, but all modules are in the mail at this time. Shoot me an email if modules, either one or both, do not arrive by close tomorrow.

Did you save any of the misprints Bill?   :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
bbarsh wrote:Watch your mail. Should be there any day. There is a possibility the modules will come in two separate shipments. About half the GC1s had a significant printing error and had to be reprinted and shipped separately. My mailing house sent me a list of those who were definately getting separate mailings, and I emailed those people. However, I know at least two people who were not correctly identified. You make three, dang it. Could be more, but all modules are in the mail at this time. Shoot me an email if modules, either one or both, do not arrive by close tomorrow.

Did you save any of the misprints Bill?   :)

NEGATIVE!  Not screaming, but emphasis added  :lol:

I think I had more people ask me for a misprint than the orginals   8O

I did not save them and gave them back to the printer. He wanted me to keep them, but I really did not want to go there.

In other GC1 news, all the correct versions have been sent as of today. They were dropped off at the post office at the end of the day. I personally went through the mailing list and orders to make sure everything was in order and all orders are complete. I also tooks some time and reviewed every single mailing address on the master list and made some updates (there was some discrepency between the master list and the list my mailing house was using [they were pulling an old list instead of the current list]).

Also, it seems Yahoo Merchant Services has finally fixed my website. Hopefully, I will not have the problem with orders showing up as (-1) copy.

Finally, I had three DMs email me feedback on this module. They played it at Gen Con. All had some great things to say, although one suggested I reduce the number of magic items I include as treasure.  :D  Pretty cool that they played it so fast!

Thanks for the patience as I moved through this. Onward and upward.