The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 114123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:44 pm 

Depends on the item, but I'd say generally not really.  Maybe $10-15 for most of the items if you're willing to wait a bit, with the 1st ed. core rules being a bit more. (I've seen the latter vary from a bit over $20 through to > $100 over the past couple of months -- though the high price looked like two newbies in a bidding war.  There's also one printing of it that's rarer than the other, so that may affect price.)

Hence why I wasn't going to pay $25-$30 + shipping for this one.

Though, to be honest, I was more excited just because it moves me that much closer to finishing off my collection.  (Down to 4 items now! :D )

(Granted, I'm no expert here. So someone else may be able to better define price for you.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:54 am 

There are a few rarities amongst the Ars Magica products.  Check out 300 Multiple Choices which lists ArM publications.  I know that the Bats of Mercille is legendary in the ArM community for its scarcity (it has 2 printings), along with some recordings of some sort published by Atlas on audio cassette IIRC (Pagan Publishing also had something similar, a few years later, I think).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:55 am 

I mentioned it briefly in a post in Classifieds, but I did obtain a Near Mint copy of Spartan #9 (the Warlock issue) for $19.95 at one of my usual haunts. It was actually found by my fiancée after me telling her about it, and showing her some auctions for it, so I'm quite pleased. That's an item I had marked down as "don't think I'll ever have."

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:52 am 

i found it and took it mainly because i was interested in the contents rather that the gaming supplement...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

have no clue whether it is a nice pick or not... dont know about the ranking of the MERP stuff...

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:23 pm 

common item: so the price is ok in one respect but, but the content is great so it's a decent purchase at $15 plus shipping

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm 

I have no idea as to the actual rarity (or value) but I figured it had a place alongside my OD&D stuff.  And the price seemed right  :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:51 pm 

spades1013 wrote:

I have no idea as to the actual rarity (or value) but I figured it had a place alongside my OD&D stuff.  And the price seemed right  :D

Dude, you seriously overpaid for that thing.  :roll:   Seriously though, pretty much any game for 99 cents is a pretty damn good deal IMO.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:05 pm 

spades1013 wrote:

Very tough game to win,  8)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:43 am 

I was at Half Price Books the other day and I found a copy of Pagan Publishing's Alone on Halloween.

My copy is pretty much like this one...possibly just slightly rougher condition...a couple of minor scuffs more.

I paid $4.48 for it.

Is there anyone here who might be looking for this one?

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 am 

FormCritic wrote:Is there anyone here who might be looking for this one?

Short answer: yes.  Long answer: yes. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:22 am 

FormCritic wrote:My copy is pretty much like this one...possibly just slightly rougher condition...a couple of minor scuffs more.

I paid $4.48 for it.

Very nice!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:24 pm 

I just thought I'd share because I had my first "Wow" moment in about two decades in a FLGS here in Virginia.  (It's not TSR, or even D&D, but it is Gygaxian.)

I walked into "Game Parlor" in Chantilly and found all the Lejendary Adventure stuff I'm missing from my collection except for two items!  $200 later, and I'm a very happy guy.  (The FLGSs in Toronto suck, catering to the d20 crowd and CCGs.  This place had a bunch of people playing various apparently fun games in the back, and tons of variety.  Do check them out if you're in the area.)

I was about to buy out the entire LA stock if the manager would cut me a deal, but he wouldn't budge on a discount so I only bought what I really needed.  Still, I saved a small fortune in shipping fees. :D :D :D

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:53 pm 

I don't know if it is an Acaeum member who won this lot but it is a very nice find

Courting madness in the lot... I wanted to bid at least $100 but seller refused to accept my bid :(

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:59 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I don't know if it is an Acaeum member who won this lot but it is a very nice find

Courting madness in the lot... I wanted to bid at least $100 but seller refused to accept my bid :(

HOLY COW! KingOfPain really let me down on that one! Not a mention in the interesting items thread...zip!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:58 pm 

Yes, this is the lot that I missed out on thanks to eBay's Paypal integration screw-up  :evil:   I had the winning bid beaten by quite a bit if necessary....

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I don't know if it is an Acaeum member who won this lot but it is a very nice find

Ah, yes, Nightlife . . . you are talking about the Nightlife book, aren't you? :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 am 

From the buyer:  

Thanks for your question. The books that I am keeping from this lot are: Courting Madness (I actually bid [about double grodog's failed bid of $278] on this lot, because of this item - the last time it was listed on eBay by itself, it sold for $700) and Dark Designs.

So, I feel a little better now, knowing that I was blown out of the water by the winner and not by eBay's screw-ups.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:44 pm 

megnelwil wrote:
HOLY COW! KingOfPain really let me down on that one! Not a mention in the interesting items thread...zip!

:lol:  Sorry about that.  Been kinda sick for the last few days.  Must have missed that one.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 114123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 112113114