The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 114123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:13 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Well I dont know if these would be deemed "fun finds" for anyone else but they sure are for me:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I have been trying to pick up Grand Census and Grand Survey for quite a while now and the prices I grabbed them at are quite a bit lower than usual.

Honestly didnt expect to win the Nanorien Stones at all.  Very surprised that there were only a total of three bids.  And the fact that it is in much nicer condition than the picture shows makes me even happier about it.  Guido must need a new camera.  :wink:

Blimey, that's a steal on the DGP duo and they look to be in great condition - how did I miss these? Congrats!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:48 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Well I dont know if these would be deemed "fun finds" for anyone else but they sure are for me:

I have been trying to pick up Grand Census and Grand Survey for quite a while now and the prices I grabbed them at are quite a bit lower than usual.

Honestly didnt expect to win the Nanorien Stones at all.  Very surprised that there were only a total of three bids.  And the fact that it is in much nicer condition than the picture shows makes me even happier about it.  Guido must need a new camera.  :wink:

John

i have a spare yellow beastmaker mountain if youre after one? gimme a shout if so, and we can sort things as and when

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:16 am 

Man, I'd give a lot to have a yellow BM.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 am 

bombadil wrote:Man, I'd give a lot to have a yellow BM.

stephen

i bid on 2 at the same time and luckily/unluckily i ended up winning both. the condition isnt the fabbest, so i wouldnt give/take a lot anyway - just what my auction win was at the time.

i was just gonna take it to gencon next time and sell it on the auction....if john doesnt want it, youre more than welcome.

will let you know ok dude.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:20 pm 

bombadil wrote:Man, I'd give a lot to have a yellow BM.

One colonoscopy for you, then.   :x

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:36 pm 

For anybody collecting Pegasus Press Worlds of Cthulhu magazine, issue #5 is finally available.

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=prod ... il&p=41434

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:39 pm 

Red_bus, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Give it to us, love!!! It's mine! For my birthday! My preshus!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:35 pm 

Oh sorry!!  :(  

I am sure you will pick up another one soon.  If it is any consolation, congrats for that that 20th anniversary edition from the same seller, you did very well indeed - at probably the lowest price I have ever seen one go for   :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:13 pm 

I'll probably live, just. Nice win, looks like it's in top nick! The signed BTMOM went for cheaper than list price too! What's up with that? Maybe it wasn't the best time to be auctioning off this sort of stuff - all the floating cash has probably gone to Homebase and B&Q.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:15 pm 

I reckon so - what with the sales and people's horrified realisations as to their credit card bills.  8O  8O  I have some Cthulhu to sell off, but will probably wait a week or two.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 pm 

Finally got my hands on a copy of Credo, and for less than I've seen the past couple of copies go.

Now to inflict this on my friends once it arrives. :twisted:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm 

Realms of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned

Finally got one. Had to spend a little more than I wanted to, but that's OK since I've wanted one for quite some time. At least I can stop looking... unless one of you fine folk have the UK release with the green sleeve...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:39 pm 

serleran wrote:Realms of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned

Finally got one. Had to spend a little more than I wanted to, but that's OK since I've wanted one for quite some time. At least I can stop looking... unless one of you fine folk have the UK release with the green sleeve...

Good buy!  I sold my copy for about $200 several years ago; for some reason the price seems to be falling, but it's still hard to find and a very cool looking book. Hard to find a copy without some spine problems.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:00 pm 

I got one of them from a guy who answered my ad in a local paper - IIRC it was 4 or 5 WH40K codexes, a couple of dozen plastic high elves and 4 or 5 PHBR books + the Lost and the Damned - £15 cash - LOVELY

(and he was so pleased he has phoned me a couple of times since selling other stuff he has found in charity shops etc - I just asked him to keep me in mind if he came across any other stuff!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:01 pm 

(It was a couple of years ago now but I BINed it for about £45 - I do remember that it didn't last half an hour though)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:41 pm 

serleran wrote:Realms of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned

Great book, the better of the two (other one is slaves to darkness)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:47 pm 

Great book, the better of the two (other one is slaves to darkness)

I agree. I did get a Slaves to Darkness first, from BeyondTheBreach, at a very nice price. :) So, that was already covered.

In other news, I won this lot which, superficially, isn't that impressive perhaps... but, if that red book is what its been described as being... muahahaha.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:41 pm 

serleran wrote:

I agree. I did get a Slaves to Darkness first, from BeyondTheBreach, at a very nice price. :) So, that was already covered.

In other news, I won this lot which, superficially, isn't that impressive perhaps... but, if that red book is what its been described as being... muahahaha.

that does look like 1 of 1000... hmmm...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 114123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 112113114