The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 114123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 pm 

gyg wrote:
Your wife sleeps? wow, you're so lucky 8O

(though the advise is sound - I will certainly be trying to sneak them in, this AM when I finish my night shift!

Yes.. but the car door opening/closing, the lights flashing when the car is unlocked sometimes wakes her up... don't I get it then..."Sneaking more clap in again" geez...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:48 am 

No way you will be able to read the early Viz mags (even one page) without your laughter waking her up though  :wink:

gyg wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Went to pick up this today - so what do I get for my penny?
Answer would be a car boot full of 2000AD comics, including a load of the Titan anthologies. Oodles of early Viz mags, half dozen AD&D hardbacks, half dozen modules, just about complete run of White Dwarf from 20-80, a few odd Marvel Comics, couple of Mad magazines, some randam University rag mags.

All in all I'm quite pleased bearing in mind I bid on a whim, hoping that the 2000AD issues have some old 'Midnight Surfer' stories in them (they have I believe!)

Now the only problem is getting this whole lot past the good lady 8O

(Oh, and I did give him a little more than the penny - seller was a thoroughly nice guy!)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:."Sneaking more clap in again" geez...

My wife would cut off the affected bits if I tried sneaking the Clap into the house, much less more Clap.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:20 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:My wife would cut off the affected bits if I tried sneaking the Clap into the house, much less more Clap.

Hmm.. yes she likes to put on a Janapese accent when she tels me off.. :lol:

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:14 pm 

Don't know if it is rare or not, and so if it is a good find but I like what they look like

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:17 pm 

Yeah, those do look cool.  Don't know if they're rare or not either, but they don't have to be rare to be a fun find!  Nice one.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:13 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Don't know if it is rare or not, and so if it is a good find but I like what they look like

I have a set of these too - for the price you paid its well worth it.  Nice that you got all 3 books as well.  Sometimes one or two are missing.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:37 am 

Those are quite rare. That was a steal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:40 am 

Thanks for your replies

I am not aware about wargames rules so I wanted to know if they were rare or not. I had my answer :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:06 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I am not aware about wargames rules so I wanted to know if they were rare or not.

Oddly enough, I don't know much about wargames either but I have these books.  I think it was the word "Necromancer" in the title that made me buy them.  I paid about the same as you did a few years back.  I have seen the lot of them up 3 or 4 times in the past 5 years but haven't kept track of them too much.  There are a couple people who also have just one or two of the books.

They probably were sold separately when each came out since the copyright dates are 1988 for book 1, 1989 book 2, and 1992 book 3.  Probably people buying them from 1992 onward bought the complete set.

I think they were mentioned in the "stump the forum" thread as well.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:51 pm 

I recently picked up two items that I have never seen for sale on Ebay.  They are listed in Heroic Worlds and won 2nd place in the Judges Guild Dungeons Contest - Mini-Dungeons 1981(?).  Has anyone else ever seen these before?

American Indian (1981) by Fantasy Unlimited
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~mdtpetri/FUindian.jpg

Mountain Ram Tribe (1981) by Fantasy Unlimited
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~mdtpetri/FUtribe.jpg

They are a new player character class and generic adventure for fantasy role playing games.

I have a few extra copies of these if anyone is interested but I'll have more details about that in the new year.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 am 

Mars wrote:I think it was the word "Necromancer" in the title that made me buy them.

Exactly like me  :D

Mars wrote:I have a few extra copies of these if anyone is interested but I'll have more details about that in the new year.

PM on the way! (never seen them before)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:30 pm 

Well I dont know if these would be deemed "fun finds" for anyone else but they sure are for me:

I have been trying to pick up Grand Census and Grand Survey for quite a while now and the prices I grabbed them at are quite a bit lower than usual.

Honestly didnt expect to win the Nanorien Stones at all.  Very surprised that there were only a total of three bids.  And the fact that it is in much nicer condition than the picture shows makes me even happier about it.  Guido must need a new camera.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:11 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Well I dont know if these would be deemed "fun finds" for anyone else but they sure are for me:

I have been trying to pick up Grand Census and Grand Survey for quite a while now and the prices I grabbed them at are quite a bit lower than usual.

Honestly didnt expect to win the Nanorien Stones at all.  Very surprised that there were only a total of three bids.  And the fact that it is in much nicer condition than the picture shows makes me even happier about it.  Guido must need a new camera.  :wink:

Really an incredible win on Nanorien Stones.

I keep hoping a poor-condition copy will appear and I will be able to get at least a reading/playing copy.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:55 pm 

Nanorien Stones does seem to be the one that is in better condition when it's found, compared to the other folder modules.  I picked mine up in SW of all things years ago.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:45 pm 

Nice win on Nanorien!

Two copies were sold for less than $50 in last weeks (I lose one which was sold for only $38 with 3 other roleaids books one month ago) . So perhaps Roleaids rares would be more accessible yet in the next weeks...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:13 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Well I dont know if these would be deemed "fun finds" for anyone else but they sure are for me:

Blimey, that's a steal on the DGP duo and they look to be in great condition - how did I miss these? Congrats!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:48 am 

John

i have a spare yellow beastmaker mountain if youre after one? gimme a shout if so, and we can sort things as and when

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 114123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 112113114