The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 114123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:00 am 

Nice buy!  If in good condition, there is $250+ worth of MERP stuff there.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 pm 

red_bus wrote:Nice buy!  If in good condition, there is $250+ worth of MERP stuff there.

Don't I know it!  But apparently I am not quite as lucky as I thought.  I got an email from the seller a bit after I won the auction.  He stated that some of the maps were missing and he forgot to include it in the auction description.  :x   He said that he would have no problem voiding the auction if I didnt want them or I could go through with the transaction and he would give me a discount and some freebies.  I dont ever plan on reselling these so it isnt a big problem for me if a few of the maps are not included so I went ahead and took the offer.

A little disappointed but I still think it is a heck of a deal considering that most of these books never sell for less than $50 and two or three of them are easily $100 books on Ebay.

Now my next question:  Who here owns The Shire and Dol Guldur and wouldnt mind emailing me scans of their maps?  :)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:07 pm 

Depends upon your situation, but I would go for the discount plus freebies.  I am happy to supply map scans, but both books are (a) packed away and (b) I don't have a scanner.  I could dig them out and scan them on a mate's scanner, but will take a week or two - so someone else here might be able to help more quickly.  Or better yet someone in the US could send you colour copies for a small price.  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I have never been very lucky finding really great BIN's but this one was a steal.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

My Ebay budget for next month is toast though.  8)

Yes. That is a good buy. The MERP stuff seems to be having a resurgence in price again. I saw a Dol Guldur alone go for over US$75 recently.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:03 pm 

Mars wrote:On another note, I just noticed that Abebooks has World of Silverdawn, High Ranger Guard, Society of Sorcery and Village of Peddler's Ferry for $5 each -  I guess I should say had :)  Here's hoping WoS comes with a map.  Is it a separate foldout map that comes inside the book?

These came in the mail today.  There is some staining on the covers but the World of Silverdawn also came with the map so I'm pretty happy :)  That and the price was right.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:26 am 

I was really wary when bidding on this lot, as the Seller had won them a week earlier and decided to sell them again. It turned out he didn't like the games as they were too complicated.

I got this whole lot for AUD$110 and was shocked to find that they are all well cared for and 100% complete.  The lot had a SPI War of the Rings, an ICE Battle of the Five Armies, and some excellent Avalon Hill titles including Merchant of Venus.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:27 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I was really wary when bidding on this lot, as the Seller had won them a week earlier and decided to sell them again. It turned out he didn't like the games as they were too complicated.

I got this whole lot for AUD$110 and was shocked to find that they are all well cared for and 100% complete.  The lot had a SPI War of the Rings, an ICE Battle of the Five Armies, and some excellent Avalon Hill titles including Merchant of Venus.

I liked the way the seller highlights those great items in the second pic, I've always wanted a Simpsons Battle of the Sexes game  :twisted:

Top seller!   :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:25 pm 

Original Warhammer Mass Combat Box set for $6.99.  Sweet!!!

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:45 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:
I liked the way the seller highlights those great items in the second pic, I've always wanted a Simpsons Battle of the Sexes game  :twisted:

Top seller!   :wink:

Yes. It has made me rethink my whole hobby. I may ditch my RPGs and Wargames and start collecting gimmicky Simpsons games from the 1990s. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:42 am 

I was able to find copies of The Castle of Entropy and Charibides Hall from Hess Games today for $1 each :D  They're in excellent shape and complete, including the cardboard inserts and ziplocks!  

Hopefully I'll be able to scour some other stores while I'm in the area (San Diego) over the next few days.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:03 am 

VF+ condition of Fortress Ellendar from the UK & I just received it tonight 8O

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

It looks pretty cool & it was a better deal than the one Bombadil out bid me on a couple of weeks ago 8)

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:55 am 

oooo, that does look nice.  Great win!  :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:33 am 

bombadil wrote:oooo, that does look nice.  Great win!  :D

Hey Stephen, thanks :D and I'm glad that I found another one, as I was under the impression that they are/were a little difficult to find. Did you receive yours yet and if so, what do you think about it? I have not had a chance to review mine yet, maybe this weekend.

In addition, did you find out more about Fortress Ellendar, as I had come across some info online stating that this module and its successor were re-printed under another title from another company.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am 

I've had a look through mine, and really like it.  Nice content and "feel" to it.  I wasn't aware there was a subsequent printing.  Where did you get that information?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:05 am 

PM-Knight wrote:In addition, did you find out more about Fortress Ellendar, as I had come across some info online stating that this module and its successor were re-printed under another title from another company.

Does anyone know anything about this?

The adventures were also published in a hardcover book called Adventures in High Fantasy by Dillow published by Reston Publishing.  The book contains Fortress Ellendar, Moorguard, Terra Ash, and Lords of Conquest.  Reston had a couple other hardcover High Fantasy books such as a rules book too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:11 am 

Here's an auction for the Rules book in hardcover:

The Adventures in High Fantasy has a similar feel to it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:35 am 

The other High Fantasy hardcover book by Reston that I was thinking about is called Wizards & Warriors.  It contains two solo play adventures: In the Service of Saena Sephar (the wizard) and Murder in Irliss (the warrior).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 am 

It didn't happen online, but I picked up a 1st print (confirmed thanks to some info) of Judges' Guild's Dark Tower for $17.95 + NYS tax, or barely over $20. I also purchased The Fantasy Trip books (well, just Melee and Wizard) for a combined $60, and both still had their little boxes. I think that's some good dealing. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 114123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 112113114