The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 114123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:03 pm 

Thanks for the congrats, Bom and Mars...

I have a copy of The World of Silverdawn without a map and also have Society of Sorcery and Search for the Lost City.

Have to keep a lookout for Plateau...

Lance

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:03 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:
Have to keep a lookout for Plateau...

You picked up Plateau as well:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Its the one I didn't bid on since I had already it.

On another note, I just noticed that Abebooks has World of Silverdawn, High Ranger Guard, Society of Sorcery and Village of Peddler's Ferry for $5 each -  I guess I should say had :)  Here's hoping WoS comes with a map.  Is it a separate foldout map that comes inside the book?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:03 pm 

Holy crapola! Nice score, man!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:43 pm 

Mars wrote:

You picked up Plateau as well:

Its the one I didn't bid on since I had already it.

On another note, I just noticed that Abebooks has World of Silverdawn, High Ranger Guard, Society of Sorcery and Village of Peddler's Ferry for $5 each -  I guess I should say had :)  Here's hoping WoS comes with a map.  Is it a separate foldout map that comes inside the book?

To the first, D'oh... :oops:

I should keep better track of my stuff....and the stuff I win...

To the second (at Abebooks)... 8O ...nice haul (what Frank said)...bookmarked it...

To the third, I would think it is a separate foldout map (looking at my copy sans map) since there does not appear to be any place that the map looks to be attached to.

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:00 pm 

any idea what this is before I rip it open.....( was going to anyway )

In Search of Magefriend

Did a search of the forum but didn't notice anything on it

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 pm 

lordan wrote:any idea what this is before I rip it open.....( was going to anyway )

In Search of Magefriend

I could not find it on Ian's site (Afterglow)...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:03 pm 

lordan wrote:any idea what this is before I rip it open.....( was going to anyway )

In Search of Magefriend

Nice find!  I seem to recall seeing either another copy of this or one that looks similar a few years ago but I don't recall the details.  Nice pick up though.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:22 pm 

Mars wrote:
Nice find!  I seem to recall seeing either another copy of this or one that looks similar a few years ago but I don't recall the details.  Nice pick up though.

Agreed.  I thought I saw one a while ago as well.  Wasn't it Frank who sold one?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:32 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Agreed.  I thought I saw one a while ago as well.  Wasn't it Frank who sold one?

I don't think Frank sold it - I would probably remember bidding on it.  He might have pointed it out here after the auction though.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:52 pm 

I recall that cover. Don't know if I ever had one. It probably had a small print run like a lot of the knockoff stuff.
In this case, I'd say deshrink the thing and see what it is all about. I imagine the non-TSR collectors wold rather be able to look at it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:24 pm 

I'd take it out of shrink too.  Let us know how it is.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:37 am 

I have never been very lucky finding really great BIN's but this one was a steal.

My Ebay budget for next month is toast though.  8)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:00 am 

Nice buy!  If in good condition, there is $250+ worth of MERP stuff there.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 pm 

red_bus wrote:Nice buy!  If in good condition, there is $250+ worth of MERP stuff there.

Don't I know it!  But apparently I am not quite as lucky as I thought.  I got an email from the seller a bit after I won the auction.  He stated that some of the maps were missing and he forgot to include it in the auction description.  :x   He said that he would have no problem voiding the auction if I didnt want them or I could go through with the transaction and he would give me a discount and some freebies.  I dont ever plan on reselling these so it isnt a big problem for me if a few of the maps are not included so I went ahead and took the offer.

A little disappointed but I still think it is a heck of a deal considering that most of these books never sell for less than $50 and two or three of them are easily $100 books on Ebay.

Now my next question:  Who here owns The Shire and Dol Guldur and wouldnt mind emailing me scans of their maps?  :)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:07 pm 

Depends upon your situation, but I would go for the discount plus freebies.  I am happy to supply map scans, but both books are (a) packed away and (b) I don't have a scanner.  I could dig them out and scan them on a mate's scanner, but will take a week or two - so someone else here might be able to help more quickly.  Or better yet someone in the US could send you colour copies for a small price.  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I have never been very lucky finding really great BIN's but this one was a steal.

My Ebay budget for next month is toast though.  8)

Yes. That is a good buy. The MERP stuff seems to be having a resurgence in price again. I saw a Dol Guldur alone go for over US$75 recently.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:03 pm 

Mars wrote:On another note, I just noticed that Abebooks has World of Silverdawn, High Ranger Guard, Society of Sorcery and Village of Peddler's Ferry for $5 each -  I guess I should say had :)  Here's hoping WoS comes with a map.  Is it a separate foldout map that comes inside the book?

These came in the mail today.  There is some staining on the covers but the World of Silverdawn also came with the map so I'm pretty happy :)  That and the price was right.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:26 am 

I was really wary when bidding on this lot, as the Seller had won them a week earlier and decided to sell them again. It turned out he didn't like the games as they were too complicated.

I got this whole lot for AUD$110 and was shocked to find that they are all well cared for and 100% complete.  The lot had a SPI War of the Rings, an ICE Battle of the Five Armies, and some excellent Avalon Hill titles including Merchant of Venus.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 114123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 112113114