The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 114123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:02 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Just thought of this last night and now just checked, but good old Heroic Worlds has come through:

Wizard Guild made Heavy Merchantship, Heavy Warship, Medium Merchantship, Medium Warship all in 1982

ShaneG.

I have Medium Warship.  I was the only bidder at something like $3.99.

The maps provided are fairly good for gaming publications of the era.  They are not technical drawings by any stretch...more like a gamer's eye view of a sailing ship.

The rigging is specifically left out.  The publishers note that they could provide a map of the rigging, but that it would be a confusing picture and of limited use to gamer.  Personally, I think they could have added at least some rigging details.  

You got a pretty good deal at the price you paid, Mars.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:19 am 

That was a great price for Tradervale, and a great win also. It's one of the best wilderness books I've read. Congrad's all round I think.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:20 am 

Mbassoc2003 wrote:That was a great price for Tradervale, and a great win also. It's one of the best wilderness books I've read. Congrad's all round I think.

i missed the end of all them auctions - meant to put bids in but my time is totally committed to other things right now and this sorta stuff is rather way down on the priority list :)

congrats to whoever won what :)

Al

ps. someone post a breakdown for me here? ta

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 am 

Mbassoc2003 wrote:That was a great price for Tradervale, and a great win also. It's one of the best wilderness books I've read. Congrad's all round I think.

Tradervale  $170.48   High bidder - Lofenloc
The Trap Manual   $33.89    High bidder - Harami
The Endless Abyss   $268.51   High bidder - Lofenloc
The Book of Swords  $38.98   High bidder - TFM
The Book of Monsters  $43  High bidder - Lofenloc
The Adventurers Cauldron  $102.50  High bidder - Lofenloc
Ssar'Ak's Secrets   $79.98   High bidder - Lofenloc
Quicksilver Fantasies The Freak Show   $64.97   High bidder - Lofenloc
Monsters! Monsters!   $20.90    High bidder - Islestrike
Dimensions and Doors   $43.98   High bidder - theshield2000
Crazy Akbar's House of Pain   $33.98   High bidder - theshield2000
Azac's Mountain of Madness   $43   High bidder - TFM
Your Paladin has been Stolen by Druids   $163.72  High bidder - Lofenloc

Were these prices to be expected or does anyone think that some were a bit inflated?  Since most of these rarely show up on Ebay I would expect there to be some high prices but obviously some are more sought after than others.  Is this due to content, rarity, or some other variable that I am unaware of?  For instance there was a large discrepancy in bid prices for "Druids" and "Abyss" but all of the other items' bids were fairly close to each other even in the case of Tradervale.

Just curious since I have never been very interested in most of the non-TSR items and know next to nothing about them other than a few tidbits of information from here and Ian's site.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:05 am 

wow some hefty prices there!!!

might have given a few of them a run but heyho nevermind.

well done to the winners!

thanks for that KOP.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 am 

The only real suprise for me on that bunch of auctions was that Dimensions and Doors went cheap.  Previous well advertised auctions for any Rider Creations stuff has gone over $100.  The Quicksilver Fantasies Freak Show also could have gone for a lot more too.

Druids and Tradervale are both stupidly rare and sold for what seems to be the new price if you really want one of these items.  I only know of one other copy of each of these floating around.

I'm going to have to go through Frank's previous auctions and see how many times I was a bride's maid.  Also, I just noticed that Frank has become a titanium plated jewel encrusted powerseller, somewhere along the line, from selling this stuff.  He is now truly part of an elite club ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:12 pm 

I have seen another Druids, but not another Vale. Actually, out of the rare stuff I've cut loose the past few months, quite a few items were the only copies I'd seen; Endless Abyss I and II, Ssar'Ak's Secrets, The Freak Show, many more. I'm sure there are copies out there, but once a year at best is probably the most one could expect to see those.
They sent me the Pallidium invitation some months back, and I saw no drawbacks, so I accepted. Don't worry, I'm still the same asshole I always was, and I WON'T be shipping M-bags. Besides, I have no intentions of striving to maintain Diamond-Studded status, so I'm sure they will eventually revoke it, and my life will be absolutely no different.
I am, however, going to start a bidding ID for buying purposes. I received two auctions for figurines today, which is about all I look for nowadays. Dragon Killers had a crushed corner from being mailed in a bubble mailer, and the Norse Giant had a shattered shield and sword (it's not lead). What was worse, the FUCKING GIANT FIGURE WASN'T EVEN THE RIGHT ONE! I like to think I am meticulous about condition, and while I am a wag about getting things out promptly sometimes, I do make sure they are armored for travel. Well, my wife does.
So I am thinking to avoid any retaliatory negs, I'll need to do my buying with a different account.
Out of curiosity, did eBay hide the bidders? I saw them, but I'm not sure they were visible to everyone. Is this a feature that can be turned off? It's idiotic, and should be optional.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:34 pm 

The only one that hid the bidders was Endless Abyss II since it went over $200.  I think one a year is probably very optimistic for a lot of the nonTSR rares.  It is more likely 1 every few years.  There are also a number of items that are listed on Afterglow 1 and 2 and the other lists that I have never seen  up for auction or that I can find anywhere else - and I've done a pretty thorough search.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:47 am 

Yeah, I was being generous.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:29 am 

Mars wrote:This showed up in the mail today:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

It turned out to be a nice surprise.  I was mainly after the DunDraCon Referee Map Modules which appears complete.  The Arduin Grimoire books are a little rough but each one has a little message and is signed by David Hargrave.  Also tucked in with the maps are Dungeon Geomorphs Set 1 and 2 (although they are cut up).

Arg!  It was YOU who outbid me on this!   :evil:  :D

Dog!

"A war without fire is like sausages without mustard!"  Henry V of England.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:49 am 

Azhag2000 wrote:

Dog!

hey Az

you better get used to that chummer, cos it will happen about 1,000 times :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 am 

Azhag2000 wrote:

Dog!

Ha ha.  Hey I did win that one and it was much cheaper than I expected - my high bid was $142.98 .  I am still happy with the items too, I even like the miniatures.  I needed the Hargrave books and the DunDraCon book so just for those I think the auction was a bargain.  I have no idea what the miniatures are worth but there are a bunch of Heritage Models ones and early Ral Partha stuff from 76.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:10 pm 

I wanted it for the Arduin stuff and the Heritage minis.  Was probably going to sell the rest.  I went to DunDraCon back in 84.

"A war without fire is like sausages without mustard!"  Henry V of England.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:25 pm 

Nice Shadow World BIN:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

This seemed pretty cool - it has a Cosmic Encounter (EON) , Thieves' Guild 2nd edition and more . . .

Definitely worth the price for Arms Law and Claw Law:

Can't go wrong for a $2.50 BIN:

Questworld!  and a beat up copy of Runequest:

Empire in Flames for $20?  Sweet!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:22 pm 

I've been looking to collect the Shadow World mods. If I hadn't been 25,000 feet in the air this afternoon I might have been VERY happy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:06 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
This seemed pretty cool - it has a Cosmic Encounter (EON) , Thieves' Guild 2nd edition and more . . .

Yeah...I dreamed that that one would stay under the radar.  Nope.  Still stalking that elusive 2nd Edition Thieves Guild.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:14 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Yeah...I dreamed that that one would stay under the radar.  Nope.  Still stalking that elusive 2nd Edition Thieves Guild.

I was watching it too and thinking I could probably resell the Thieves Guild box to someone here :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:15 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I've been looking to collect the Shadow World mods. If I hadn't been 25,000 feet in the air this afternoon I might have been VERY happy.

I keep thinking I would like to read through these as well but my ICE knowledge is pretty minimal so I don't even know what modules there are.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 114123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 112113114