The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 114123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:48 am 

I know what you mean  :D
1 & 2 are far and away the most pricy - the rest should not go for too much  :wink: .  By the way - I heard somewhere that Pagan were going to publish a new copy (their last was the double issue - 16/17), anyone heard anything about that?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:22 am 

The only announcement that I have seen about the return of TUO was in December on the Yog-Sothoth.com site.

Sorry, we couldn't find what you're looking for...

There are rumors of a Pagan Publishing partering with Skirmisher Publishing to start publishing TUO again.

Like any reports of new publications associated with Pagan Publishing I'll believe it when I see it  :P

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:46 pm 

I saw the same posts/rumors, and emailed Skirmisher to see if they want me to resume writing reviews for TUO, but haven't heard back from them, other than to have been added to their email distribution list for spam  :roll:

Pagan went south after Tynes left, alas....

An excellent history on Pagan, in case anyone's interested:  A Brief History of Game #6: Pagan Publishing: 1990-Present - RPGnet

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:03 pm 

dafog;jda;gfpjapgfjpjdeagf <---- or insert relevant curse word :D

that bloody lance :)

good win on that infernax man....i thought i might have got you on that one, but clearly not :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:40 am 

Not rare or anything, but while going through Goodwill the other day my lovely wife brought home a nice find.....

Five (5) shrinkwrapped copies of BloodBowl.

$3 each!

She didn't hesitate, grabbed them all and tossed them in the cart.

:D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:04 pm 

Azhag2000 wrote:Not rare or anything, but while going through Goodwill the other day my lovely wife brought home a nice find.....

Five (5) shrinkwrapped copies of BloodBowl.

$3 each!

She didn't hesitate, grabbed them all and tossed them in the cart.

:D

What a great find...I mean your wife, plus the Bloodbowl.  If my wife saw something like that, it would simply not register....all this crap looks alike to her (she's told me on many occasions)

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 pm 

Badmike wrote:
What a great find...I mean your wife, plus the Bloodbowl.  If my wife saw something like that, it would simply not register....all this crap looks alike to her (she's told me on many occasions)

Mike B.

I have thought about printing up pictures of specific rare items and putting them in my wife's purse for when she is at a garage sale or something like that.  She just gives me an odd look and giggles.

She is very cool about the whole collecting thing so I have to give her credit.  I dropped over $100 the last couple of weeks on Ebay and she just says "That's nice honey, just don't spend too much.  Something else might break."  Which is referring to our garage door and HVAC breaking in the same month.  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:11 pm 

Mine brings home Wee Warriors and brown boxes, so I can't complain.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:dafog;jda;gfpjapgfjpjdeagf <---- or insert relevant curse word :D

that bloody lance :)

good win on that infernax man....i thought i might have got you on that one, but clearly not :D

Al

8O Such language... :lol:

Thanks Al

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:46 am 

I received this in the post....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 0078138534

A fair price 'cos I've been looking for this one for years.

I've compared it to the set of tourneys I bought directly from Robert Jennings. The paper weight and card weight and quality are all the same, and almost identical to that of Condo. And the quality of the printing, flaws and process artifacts are also very similar.

I know the seller had been known to sell fake Gamelords products, but given that Aaron Leader is still selling fake Taverns over on Noble Knight, it is possible that this seller was passing on fakes that had just propogated into the system. There appears to be little evidence that he is the originator of fakes.

Given the evidence, I believe the Massconfusion tourney I have is genuine, and in light of that, I have to give a big thumbs up to Malfrick for winning this....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 0078128408

Not bad for under a dollar. Well done Malf'.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 pm 

After way too much hassle, these showed up in the mail today :)

404 Not Found

404 Not Found

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:13 pm 

Mars wrote:After way too much hassle, these showed up in the mail today :)

404 Not Found

404 Not Found

How did you come by these?

I was the only bidder on a medium merchant ship set, but I have not seen a heavy merchant ship yet.

Mark   :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:21 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
How did you come by these?

These are from this auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Although I am not gamingcaravan; hence insert hassle here.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 pm 

Very cool, Mark.  Nice win there.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:56 pm 

What are they about, Mark?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:48 pm 

I opened up the Heavy Merchantship one and it is a bunch of loose leaf sheets that are 3 hole punched (28 sheets in total).  13 sheets are the sideview and deckplans of the ship.  The other sheets cover various things like shipboard duties,  crew information and rankings, how to design the ship's operating procedure, armaments, cargo, ballast, ship building, a 5 page glossary of "salty terms", table of critical hits to ship, etc

I think its a pretty nice product.  It definitely has the homebrew feel to it.  The deckplans are even in colour, well they have brown in them :)  Here's the sideview plan:

404 Not Found

Most of the other 15 sheets are double sided with some good detailed info on running a ship.  Here's another page that's part of the armaments sections:

404 Not Found

It is copyright 1982 and looks like they had a lot more products planned.  I'm pretty certain 4 products were produced but I have only seen 2.  From their Coming Soon page, they seem to have had planned products like Treasures and Weapons for the Fantasy Referee, Treasures and Weapons for the Technological Adventure Referee, Dungeon & Labyrinth Supplements.  The merchantship and warship books are from the "Age of Sail Series".  It looks like they also planned products for "The Age of Iron Series" and "The Age of Space series".  I wonder what happened to these guys?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:46 pm 

Shitfire. If you ever decide to sell/trade them, give me a holler. I love maps and ships...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:57 am 

Mars wrote:I opened up the Heavy Merchantship one and it is a bunch of loose leaf sheets that are 3 hole punched (28 sheets in total).  13 sheets are the sideview and deckplans of the ship.  The other sheets cover various things like shipboard duties,  crew information and rankings, how to design the ship's operating procedure, armaments, cargo, ballast, ship building, a 5 page glossary of "salty terms", table of critical hits to ship, etc

I think its a pretty nice product.  It definitely has the homebrew feel to it.  The deckplans are even in colour, well they have brown in them :)  Here's the sideview plan:

404 Not Found

Most of the other 15 sheets are double sided with some good detailed info on running a ship.  Here's another page that's part of the armaments sections:

404 Not Found

It is copyright 1982 and looks like they had a lot more products planned.  I'm pretty certain 4 products were produced but I have only seen 2.  From their Coming Soon page, they seem to have had planned products like Treasures and Weapons for the Fantasy Referee, Treasures and Weapons for the Technological Adventure Referee, Dungeon & Labyrinth Supplements.  The merchantship and warship books are from the "Age of Sail Series".  It looks like they also planned products for "The Age of Iron Series" and "The Age of Space series".  I wonder what happened to these guys?

Just thought of this last night and now just checked, but good old Heroic Worlds has come through:

Wizard Guild made Heavy Merchantship, Heavy Warship, Medium Merchantship, Medium Warship all in 1982

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 114123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 112113114