The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 114123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:56 pm 

That buy was a steal. The white box set usually caps out around $100. The flat box - no expansions is usually more, and the combo set runs around $125. The expansions do come up, but run around $35 to $70, depending on the day.

One of the guys had the game and we played it several times - flatbox with no expansions. It was fun, but took forever.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:52 pm 

Thanks for all the info and the offers Nick and Al.  I will definitely have to think about picking up the Gondor and Sauron add-ons.  I like to check out boardgamegeek.com from time to time.  It is a really great site.  I dont spend too much time on it though because I have enough RPG crap as it is and dont need to start buying up a bunch of board- and wargames yet.  :wink:

The great thing is, today I was at work and I was talking with a friend of mine about War of the Ring and he said he thought he had played it as a teenager.  When I showed him a picture of the green box version, he told me that it was the same one and he remembers playing it and that it was a lot of fun but took half the day to finish the game.  :D   So now I at least have someone to play against.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:12 pm 

I had a very nice combo box that I sold a while back in the $150.00 range.

Wish I had it back :?

At one point I had about 25 - 30 of the SPI boxed war games and such.  I let them all go in a fit of insanity (and lack of cash).  At the time they were very hot and I got great cash for them.

Jeff

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:37 am 

bbarsh wrote:That buy was a steal. The white box set usually caps out around $100. The flat box - no expansions is usually more, and the combo set runs around $125. The expansions do come up, but run around $35 to $70, depending on the day.

One of the guys had the game and we played it several times - flatbox with no expansions. It was fun, but took forever.

I think you may be confused here with another boardgame. FFG had something called The Lord of the Rings (around 2000) that was expanded a number of times, as well as The War of the Ring as mentioned previously.

The SPI game of the same name was never expanded. Gondor and Sauron  are stand alone games using the same system - not expansions.

Cheers!
Nick

"Anyone who's against us we'll crush. In fact anyone who isn't for us we'll crush!" - attrib. Tex Colson (Nixon Campaign Aide)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:44 am 

War of the Ring Gondor Sauron SPI 1977 | eBay

This is the game w/expansions I was speaking of. I probably was not clear enough.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:37 am 

bbarsh wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

This is the game w/expansions I was speaking of. I probably was not clear enough.

The SPI games came out in two flavors (from what I can remember).

There was The Games of Middle Earth which has all three (War of the Ring, Gondor, and Sauron) and then there was just The War of the Ring game (without Gondor and Sauron).

I am not sure if Gondor and Sauron could be purchased separately (would have to check).

Lance

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:21 am 

Absolutely correct. And Gondor and Sauron could be purchased separately too - as nicely boxed items.

Cheers!
Nick

"Anyone who's against us we'll crush. In fact anyone who isn't for us we'll crush!" - attrib. Tex Colson (Nixon Campaign Aide)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:43 pm 

I was pretty happy about picking this up about a week ago.  Granted its 3-hole punched, but I still think I did okay considering how high I have seen them go in the past. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:57 pm 

So what is this:

Tabletop Games: Fantasy War Game Rules: Reaper with Attack of the Fungoid Trolls Module

It is not on Afterglow and not on Boardgamegeek. The miniature wargames seems to fall through the cracks. Are there any sites that list them?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:35 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:So what is this:

Tabletop Games: Fantasy War Game Rules: Reaper with Attack of the Fungoid Trolls Module

It is not on Afterglow and not on Boardgamegeek. The miniature wargames seems to fall through the cracks. Are there any sites that list them?

Nothing you need concern yourself with, move along.... :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:20 pm 

This is a pretty sweet deal on early Warhammer box sets:

Warhammer

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I was pretty happy about picking this up about a week ago.  Granted its 3-hole punched, but I still think I did okay considering how high I have seen them go in the past. :)

Yep! I got this from the same guy, in the same condition:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0053296335

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:03 pm 

In better condition that the picture. Nothing too exciting, but those miniatures are one of the few pieces I am missing from completing my Chill collection.

The Chill boxed set will be hitting ebay again as I have a mint set. Funning thing is that every component is individually packed in poly! You don't see that every day.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:11 pm 

HG Wells Little Wars sold in a few hours. anyone from here snag that?
nice deal

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:07 pm 

Curious as to the value of this lot. I know I did pretty well just not sure if people value puzzles, etc much.

Anyway some things about this lot:
The D&D Mattel game is complete, but I'm curious if the metal figures are lead? And if so do they need to be protected?

The sparkly bookmark has a circular hologram of a scholarly wizard (pretty neat, and something that I'll have to start using)

The picture has a number and title "wizard w/magic crystal" which I'm going to see if anything pops up on google.

The cloth looks hand made (I think the tree is a representation of the magical tree in LOTR) and there seems to be a rune/signature to the left of it.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:09 pm 

Plaag wrote:

Anyway some things about this lot:
The D&D Mattel game is complete, but I'm curious if the metal figures are lead? And if so do they need to be protected?

The metal figures are steel or another iron-composite.  If they have any lead content, the lead content is low.

I came across two of the Mattel figures that someone had painted with acrylics.  I stripped the paint, and they didn't rust while drying.  So . . . stainless steel?

Nice win!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:17 pm 

Apologies to anyone who is going to resell any FGU products.  I'm going to put some on eBay soon, so I am shooting myself in the foot as well:

. . . Fantasy Games Unlimited - Official Home of Villains and Vigilantes, Aftermath!, Space Opera and other fine RPGs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:18 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Apologies to anyone who is going to resell any FGU products.  I'm going to put some on eBay soon, so I am shooting myself in the foot as well:

. . . Fantasy Games Unlimited - Official Home of Villains and Vigilantes, Aftermath!, Space Opera and other fine RPGs

No need for apologies, they don't carry all the stuff they have published (as far as I can tell).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 114123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 112113114