The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 114123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:13 pm 

Wow, it's here already, and it's gorgeous. I be pleased.

In hindsight, the seller didn't do himself any favors with his poor use of keywords — "Frank Herbert's Dune" still leaves room for, like, 50 more characters — and very casual description. This was a good-looking piece; it should have been promoted more.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:53 pm 

Marvel Advanced Set in Shrinkwrap.  

$5

Listed in Everything Else > Other

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:34 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Marvel Advanced Set in Shrinkwrap.  

$5

Listed in Everything Else > Other

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

They didn't spell "Heroes" properly either.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:17 pm 

Calithena wrote:This was a nice one to spot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8828335057

The interior is indeed NM, the cover more like F (unmarked, but some wear on top rear and a very mild water spot at bottom front), but that's still a great price for the last OD&D book I really wanted to own.

Does anyone know what the going rate for Necromican or Beauty and the Beasts is?  I know they get up there but I don't remember seeing an auction finish.  I only remember a couple ebay auctions ending early because of a private offers.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:34 pm 

Presuming they don't get bumped for resale, reckon on ~$50 for the Necromican and $100+ for Booty.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:28 pm 

Booty and the Magic Item Cards and the Geos are definitely much harder to find than Necromican.  Does anyone have printing info for these, by chance?  If not, I'll go dig up Erol's email and ask him.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:46 pm 

grodog wrote:Booty and the Magic Item Cards and the Geos are definitely much harder to find than Necromican.  Does anyone have printing info for these, by chance?  If not, I'll go dig up Erol's email and ask him.

Whatcha looking for, Gro'... anything that isn't on Ian's site; FASA ?
(Booty's dedication to NASA, Truth, Justice and Capitalism (The American Way) is kinda timely! :))

Prolly wouldn't hurt to give him a call and ask about printing figures and any other stuff like that, anyhow. ^^

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:24 pm 

I finally got a copy of Heroes of Legend.  It was in slightly worse condition than expected, but within the ballpark.

It was from Titan Games!

The total including Shipping and Handling was $10.65.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:37 pm 

Ouch... thanks, Mike!

Should've guessed that was coming after we'd traded insults over Nuclear War and others earlier in the day. ;)
(Something about bidding on the same items on a regular basis...).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:24 pm 

Howdy David....

Yeah.... I had a few of Duck Lake's items on my radar, bid on about ten, won 4. Not too unhappy with that, and I picked up two out of the three I particularly wanted to win.

Saw your activity and kept my fingers crossed you may not have noticed the Towers game. Even when I was high bidder at $70 with 9 seconds left, I knew there was a punch coming - I just hoped I could absorb it OK, but it was too much for my snipe. I've never seen one before either, but I'm sure there will be another at some stage. I've bought from Panzermeyer a few times in the past, his stuff is usually better than described and sent fast. How come you got a 2nd chance - did the high bidder drop out, or does Ken have multiples?

Speaking of such things, I had my nose broken on Saturday. Just a head clash with a team-mate in rugby, but I was knocked out for a minute or so and ended up with a very swollen lip, a black eye and a broken nose. Not too bad - its still relatively straight and I can breathe OK so it could have been much worse.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:39 pm 

That bites. I broke the same little toe 4 times this year, and my little finger three weeks ago. This after 39 years without a bone break.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:54 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Howdy David....

Yeah.... I had a few of Duck Lake's items on my radar, bid on about ten, won 4. Not too unhappy with that, and I picked up two out of the three I particularly wanted to win.

Well done! Had me eye on all things Zocchi for a start, but wasn't keen to bid high since they came before the Nuclear War...

mdr003 wrote:Saw your activity and kept my fingers crossed you may not have noticed the Towers game. Even when I was high bidder at $70 with 9 seconds left, I knew there was a punch coming - I just hoped I could absorb it OK, but it was too much for my snipe. I've never seen one before either, but I'm sure there will be another at some stage.

Was a choice between that and the Geos. *waves to Allan*

Mike Kuo had two (and zero LORE Bo5As), but he edited out the price on his sale thread so I had to guess... :?

mdr003 wrote:I've bought from Panzermeyer a few times in the past, his stuff is usually better than described and sent fast. How come you got a 2nd chance - did the high bidder drop out, or does Ken have multiples?

He "found" another one. :)

Was a few cents shy on a largely unpunched copy at $69 three months ago (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8791867760), so $80 for punched is hardly a bargain in that context.
But I'll take it, given that must be about the 15th attempt! These are not as rare as some people might have us believe. ;)

mdr003 wrote:Speaking of such things, I had my nose broken on Saturday. Just a head clash with a team-mate in rugby, but I was knocked out for a minute or so and ended up with a very swollen lip, a black eye and a broken nose. Not too bad - its still relatively straight and I can breathe OK so it could have been much worse.

Regards

Mike

:( :(

And to those who were comparing w/American Football, earlier.

Hoping that mends OK (at least you'll have ongoing medical attention given that it /was/ a break) and that the pain's manageable.

Yeah; could've been worse, I guess. My father lost two people out of his year at school: one playing rugby, one playing cricket. Dangerous sport: stick to playing with big kitties and stuff like that, IMHO.

Take care,
David.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:00 am 

I seemed to have put an end to my curse of a major injury every 4 years.  First was the broken femur, then the trapped 4th cranial nerve (one eye cannot look up), then the broken collar bone, and my last one was a dislocated patella.  I've been accident free for about 7 years and counting now :)  Although the other day I noticed a rib feels kinda bumpy and must have been cracked or broken at some point.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:20 am 

faro wrote:Was a choice between that and the Geos. *waves to Allan*

What, me, like geos? :D

What are these Duck Lake items you and Mike are talking about???

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:12 am 

grodog wrote:
What, me, like geos? :D

What are these Duck Lake items you and Mike are talking about???

They might be the Zocchi items ducklakeblue had up on ebay?  He had a Star Probe (with the little ship sheet) and some Dave Casciano items too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:05 pm 

Ah, thanks:  I did see the Star Probe.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:23 am 

My real hobby is US Boardgames 1895-1995...

Snagged a 1st edition Snow White game (1937, released with the original film)!

...not to be confused with the common Cadaco or the later Milton Bradley. ;>

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:28 pm 

Check out this lot:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The price was not bad, and the "reprints" are interesting.  They aren't just photcopies from the machine down at the Food Mart.  These copies were made and bound at a professional copying service.

Also, the copies of The Compleat Adventurer are not copies of the first edition included with the lot.  They are copies of an entirely different print run...with a black border on the cover and a different back inside cover...advertising later Bard Games prodcuts.

Also, both the first edition and the copies show signs of having been used (small stains, tiny marks, etc) These copies were not cheap...at maybe five cents a page, plus the covers and the binding, these copies probably cost $3 to $4 to make.  This tends to indicate that they were used, and they were used by a group of people...otherwise why multiple copies?

I knew lots of gamers who acquired non-TSR products to add the ideas to their D&D games.  But I never knew any such product, outside of the three volume Arduin Grimiore, that actually got used by an entire group as a regular reference book.

I love these old game warhorses.  They always suggest a mystery and they seem to  have stories behind them.  Shrink is over-rated and "never used" is just sad.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 114123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 112113114