The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 114123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:47 pm 

Kinda fits in here, I s'pose...

If given a choice between a higher grade unmailed copied and lower grade, signed (on the envelope ;)) mailed copy, I'll usually go for the latter.

COA date = 2/75 & postal franking 5/75, aside.
30 cents for 1st class mail... Bring back those days? :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:35 am 

The emptying of my storage space continues to yield treasures...several boxes came to light today:

Dragons (Varanae Books, by Dave Graves and Doug Philip)
    (Anyone familiar with this one?)

Moorguard (for High Fantasy)
    (Anyone familiar with this one?)

Ironhoof Highlands (by Group One)
    (Any idea of the value on this one?)

The Moonbridge Raid (Dragonraid adventure book...remember this one?)

Teeth of Mordor (MERP)

Hillmen of the Trollshaws
(MERP)

The Tower of Cirith Ungol and Shelob's Lair
(MERP)

Phantom of the Northern Marches (MERP)

Tulan of the Isles (Midkemia Edition)

Heart of the Sunken Lands (Midkemia)

Tulan of the Isles (Chaosium Edition)

Dragons of Weng T'sen (Role Aids)

The Demon Pits of Caeldo (Gamelords)

Much fun.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:55 am 

MShipley88 wrote:

Mark   8)

Page Not Found

Make sure its complete (I have one complete copy and the other is missing everything except the booklet stapled in the cover.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:00 am 

Plaag wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:

Mark   8)

Page Not Found

Make sure its complete (I have one complete copy and the other is missing everything except the booklet stapled in the cover.

ShaneG.

i got one off crazy egor many moons ago...

read it once - good lil read...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:25 pm 

I've heard that Moorgard is supposed to be quite good, but don't know more than that about it :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:06 pm 

The Dragons book by Varanae is pretty rare. Listed on Ebay it would get some good $$.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:32 pm 

I flipped thru mine once. I recall liking it a lot. I don't remember if I ever read my Moorguard.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:33 pm 

faro wrote:Kinda fits in here, I s'pose...

If given a choice between a higher grade unmailed copied and lower grade, signed (on the envelope ;)) mailed copy, I'll usually go for the latter.

COA date = 2/75 & postal franking 5/75, aside.
30 cents for 1st class mail... Bring back those days? :D

Hey David - when did you pick up that Bo5A? It's not the one that was just up a few days ago, was it? The one you linked to looks in better condition than the recent one....

(I was going to bid on the one from a few days ago, but had to choose between it and a Guidon Dunkirk. As I already had a TSR Bo5A, the Guidon won....)

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:28 pm 

mdr003 wrote:(I was going to bid on the one from a few days ago, but had to choose between it and a Guidon Dunkirk. As I already had a TSR Bo5A, the Guidon won....)

Congrats on the Dunkirk, btw: that seems to have become a serious $ item. Well, judging by the way my snipes have been annihilated recently, rather than "just missing". ;)

Heh. I don't even have a TSR Bo5A, either; and that's after 15 attempts, or so.

mdr003 wrote:Hey David - when did you pick up that Bo5A? It's not the one that was just up a few days ago, was it? The one you linked to looks in better condition than the recent one....

The LORE vs. TSR rarity difference noted on Tolkien Boardgames: Tolkien Boardgame Collecting is probably understated since http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8815878528 (from the WoM seller) was only the second recorded eBay copy, afaik. Mike Kuo didn't have a copy, either.
[eBay pics:]
ImageImage

Yes, somewhat better condition- no "age" discoloration and mailed/"signed"- but it cost me an arm and a leg (and still wondering whether it /was/ the copy that went cheap at GenCon a couple of years ago).
Was rather well hidden in a reseller's list until a week or two ago... I just kept looking and looking at it for months and no-one would buy the darned thing! :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:00 pm 

Ahhh.... it's funny how an item can go months or years without appearing on ebay, then you get two within a short space of time. Or maybe the 2nd seller saw that your copy found a buyer, and thought he'd chance his arm?

The Dunkirk looked to be in very good condition, so I took a punt. $100 for a Guidon game isn't a bad price I think; I paid a little more than that, but I put that down to entering my bid 10 hours before auction end and giving the underbidder two shots at hitting my max bid.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:01 pm 

BTW, forgot to ask - which reseller was it?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:43 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Ahhh.... it's funny how an item can go months or years without appearing on ebay, then you get two within a short space of time. Or maybe the 2nd seller saw that your copy found a buyer, and thought he'd chance his arm?

Well, only one on eBay in this case. I'd guess the other was several years ago... missed that totally.

Doubt the seller knew about the reseller copy, though, since they misspelled the name totally on their auction (=> "The Battle of Five Armys" *2 on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8815878528 ). That can't have helped and seriously looks like they just lobbed that on along with their WoM, Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep).

"Just". Heh, heh... :)

Rather like when I posted a scan of the UK release (=T1st *g*) of "Wizards & Warfare"; Mike Kuo went "what on earth?", and no sooner that then two copies appear on eBay - having never been spotted there before!

I doubt whether ~$160 would entice another LORE Bo5A onto the market, either, given some of the recent TSR prices in comparison.

mdr003 wrote:The Dunkirk looked to be in very good condition, so I took a punt. $100 for a Guidon game isn't a bad price I think; I paid a little more than that, but I put that down to entering my bid 10 hours before auction end and giving the underbidder two shots at hitting my max bid.

Snipe, snipe, snipe. ^^

Yeah, good solid condition there and I remember well how much the SW'd copy went for that I'd pointed out last year...

mdr003 wrote:BTW, forgot to ask - which reseller was it?

As Al might say, "tsk, tsk". ;)
Not as though I don't pass-on links; even if that other one didn't work out (non-communicative seller :?).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:39 am 

Plaag wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:

Mark   8)

Page Not Found

ShaneG.

Mine is complete....I bought it as a gamer...and thus I regretted the purchase. But, as a collector, it's not bad.

Mark  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:50 am 

Pulled from the storage unit today:

The Beastlord (By Yaquinto Games....box in terrible condition, but the insides are good)

White Bear and Red Moon  It has been played with, but I think it is complete...map and all.  I never had a box...I bought it in a plastic bag.

The Siege of Minas Tirith  Subtitled The Battle of the Pelennor Fields Mrch 11-15, 3019  (By Fact and Fantasy Games, Maryland Heights, MO)  (I have a booklet in rough condition and a rack of counters...which is all I think there ever was.  This one came in the bag with the White Bear and Red Moon game when I bought it for $1.50)

The Company War (Mayfair Games)

Perilous Lands (Avalon Hill)

The Valley of the Pharaohs (By Palladium Books)

Arduin Grimoire #1-3 and extra copies of #2 and #3.

and a brochure from Metagaming Concepts, dated 1976, with ads for Monsters! Monsters!, Godsfire, Empire of the Petal Throne (looks like the TSR publication, but no mention of TSR), Stellar Conquest, OGRE, The Ythri and The Space Gamer magazine.

"Copyright Metagaming Concepts, 1/1/77"

Might be a useful history item.

Mark   8)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:30 am 

Rarely find time to browse the 'bay, but finally scored a wowiezowie:

Guidon x2

DGuts 1st print (!) and Ironclads (plus a more obscure wargamer item)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:29 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Rarely find time to browse the 'bay, but finally scored a wowiezowie:

Guidon x2

DGuts 1st print (!) and Ironclads (plus a more obscure wargamer item)

Congratulations!  I would have bid an insane amount for these items.  The picture isn't the best, but it looks like Tom Wham(?!) is one of the Ironclad authors.  I am going to ask the seller if I can use the image on wikipedia.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:53 pm 

Ironclad (not to be confused with Yaquinto's Ironclads) IS insanely rare. Once it arrives I'll give it a full hi-res scan for anybody who's interested.

Geek has it in Green, this one seems yellow... wonder if there were two print runs? If so, the yellow's prolly the first.

And of course I'll get Wham's autograph at GenCon.  8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:21 pm 

nice win there frank!

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 114123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 112113114