The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 114123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:27 pm 

I had been out of town for a week and missed my weekly Half Price Books run. I finally got a chance to go today and nothing new on the shelves but I caught an unusually friendly staffer who showed me what they had behind the counter....nabbed a complete copy of Beyond the Mountains of Maddness for $19.98 and a complete Lorien for $5.98 again with an additional 15% (due to a coupon).

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:21 pm 

At the Mountain of Madness? Pic?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:33 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:At the Mountain of Madness? Pic?

In a hurry writing and meant Beyond the Mountains of Madness,. Sorry  :oops:

Sorry, we couldn't find what you're looking for...

Sorry, we couldn't find what you're looking for...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:15 am 

Hi:

Three years now since most of my game stuff went into storage.  Today, we started to empty it all out.

It was kind of like Christmas in May for me....like a family reunion.  I located at least one large bin of my stuff.

Along with numerous Dragon and White Dwarf magazines, there  were:

1)  Mines of Keridav

2)  Escape From the Ashwood Mines (Thieves Guild #9)

3)  Glory Hole Dwarven Mine

4) A bunch of TSR modules

5)  Space Gamer and White Wolf magazines.

6)  All four Quicksilver Fantasies.  Three of them are mint, in original plastic bag, and the fourth is in good condition.  Anyone have a handle on what these might be worth?

There is another crate of good stuff lurking there...lots more stuff to unearth.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:59 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
6)  All four Quicksilver Fantasies.  Three of them are mint, in original plastic bag, and the fourth is in good condition.  Anyone have a handle on what these might be worth?
Mark

mark didnt some of these crop up on ebay some time ago and they went for a tidy sum as far as i recall. the link to the auction was on one of these threads IIRC....

*does search*

AHA!

Judges Guild: Role Playing Games | eBay

oh looks like there were six, not four my friend, so you gotta find the other two now :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:14 am 

FASA

Actually 4 Mini-Series, 4 Maxi-Solos.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:25 am 

Ah, gol dangit!

I have the four solo adventures.  Bought em for $.99 or less apiece way back when The Gamesters was having a selloff.

There is another box in storage...at least...becuase I remember titles like Heart of the Sunken Lands and the like.  I remember owning at least one Companions module...etc....

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:44 am 

MShipley88 wrote:It was kind of like Christmas in May for me

I know this feeling. My stuff was stored at my parents' house from 1984 to 1996 (what I like to call "The Girl-Chasing Years"). I'll never forget that feeling of rediscovery when I started opening boxes and seeing my old favorites.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:57 am 

Can't beat the cost for these Rolemaster items:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

This was pretty cool too . . .  besides a bunch of "other" stuff it has Skyrealms of Jorune and Warhammer:  The Lost and the Damned - which is worth a more than the entire lot of books for resale value - and I've never actually been able to get my hands on one yet, so I finally get to check it out! (Plus the seller is in Rochester, so I can pick it up in person and pay no ship charges)  :D

No box and the books are worn, but it was only a $9.99 BIN for the Ringworld Companion and all four Rulebooks from the Ringworld box set.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:07 am 

nice wins there BTB!

quality purchases! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:33 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Can't beat the cost for these Rolemaster items:

Would say that's a pretty good warning to anyone thinking about selling RM just now... :(

As if the price on Guido's last week wasn't indicative enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8811810356

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:49 am 

faro wrote:
Beyondthebreach wrote:Can't beat the cost for these Rolemaster items:

Would say that's a pretty good warning to anyone thinking about selling RM just now... :(

As if the price on Guido's last week wasn't indicative enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8811810356

But good for those buying it. Nice buy there. Well it will be eventually from what you are pointing out that might be the rule and not the exception right now.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 pm 

On the other hand . . . these are the sale prices I have had on Rolemaster within the last few weeks . . .

Rolemaster

I did pretty well . . . I'm no "creep"  :D  , but I still have certain minimums I set my items at.  No way I'm "risking" a Spell Law box set selling for only a couple of dollars cause no one was interested at the time . . .  :wink:

Besides, I needed these Rolemaster items for my "virtual" collection (i.e. items that "pass" through my hands and leave behind a pic and a brief memory  :D  )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:10 pm 

May all be marketing and name recognition then or at least a good part of it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:22 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:On the other hand . . . these are the sale prices I have had on Rolemaster within the last few weeks . . .

Rolemaster

Yeah, the most recent material is still selling reasonably well: those prices ain't exactly "high", but $18 BIN http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8816778009 is still pretty good compared with similar era D&D. ;)

Darn straight you don't want to be selling an early Spell Law box for $1, though! Most of those which have survived are in pretty rough condition thanks to their size/construction.
Should do pretty well with that latest haul, I'm sure, even if prices for the early material are rather miserable just now.

=
I suspect you're right, Marl, about marketing. Both of those on the previous page weren't exactly well targeted.
e.g. had Guido flipped the book over and shoved a $24.99 start price, it really should have gone for $35-40+. "First print" was all too easily overlooked in isolation as is the blue/black difference whilst browsing, I'm sure.
Didn't have the original half-cover, ziploc, handwritten receipt, future product list, etc., but it's still a good solid rarity "4" I'd think (at least on a level with a 1st print Iron Wind).

c/w lazily-scanned through poly;

@BtB: How many of the combined CL/AL boxes (per http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8814398407 ) have you seen, out of interest?
That one's a big of a scarcity, too, since it was heavily edged out by the "full" RM box; so much so that ICE appear to have chopped up the remainder pre-folded box tops and used those as colorful cover sheets to help sell the single sets (and these cut-down covers are more common than the boxes!). Had seen the CL/AL box go to $60-70+ before, anyhow.
=
(Or should I be asking Frank M., too? ;))

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:34 pm 

Yeah, I'm not the one to ask as I haven't had any yet  . . . I've only recently began taking an interest in Rolemaster . . . as it becomes harder and harder to win AD&D/D&D lots, I look more and more to other RPGS.

Luckily (for me) there is still Warhammer, Battletech, Twilight 2000, MERP, Rolemaster, Pendragon and others (like 7th Sea and d20 D&D).

It helps to branch out as much as possible . . .  :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:32 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Yeah, I'm not the one to ask as I haven't had any yet  . . . I've only recently began taking an interest in Rolemaster . . . as it becomes harder and harder to win AD&D/D&D lots, I look more and more to other RPGS.

Luckily (for me) there is still Warhammer, Battletech, Twilight 2000, MERP, Rolemaster, Pendragon and others (like 7th Sea and d20 D&D).

It helps to branch out as much as possible . . .  :D

Can't say it is easy to win Warhammer or MERP lots either. And if it is east they are not cheap. Me I am trying to get most of the FGU stuff. It seems to go cheap still, an maybe it always will, but is interesting stuff.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:09 pm 

faro wrote:Or should I be asking Frank M., too?

Huh? Not me, never got into Chartmaster.

Live Frank (as opposed to...)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 114123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 112113114