The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 114123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:26 am 

faro wrote:*wonders whether Al knows how much those issues normally go for* ;)

What d'ya mean "print version", btw? :P

well how much DO they go for? would be very interested to know really, but tbh i dont really care how much they are worth, i just want a run of all the issues. the seller was in liverpool anyway, so we all stick together :D

beholder is prb my fave fanzine so am more than happy to get some i dont have :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:15 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:but tbh i dont really care how much they are worth

Thought I said "go for", not "($) worth". ;)

Those are somewhat rarer than the original TBHs, tbh: strongly suspect there was only one print of each, whilst the others were still being reprinted through those dates.
(Mike might still know the answer to that, if anyone managed to obtain his email address whilst he graced us with his presence...).

killjoy32 wrote:, i just want a run of all the issues... beholder is prb my fave fanzine so am more than happy to get some i dont have :)

:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:47 pm 

well i offered her what i thought was a fair price anyway and was accepted right away so both parties very happy - which is the main thing i think.

what do they normally go for ? i think i have only seen 26 - dont think i have ever seen the others.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:08 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:what do they normally go for ? i think i have only seen 26 - dont think i have ever seen the others.

That was the latest single issue, yes. In which case you'll remember the price that went for. ;)
(Rather too high, IMHO).

killjoy32 wrote:well i offered her what i thought was a fair price anyway and was accepted right away so both parties very happy - which is the main thing i think.

Well, it certainly ain't comparable with both parties being "very happy" with $50 for an instant woodgrain sale. ^^

I'm really going to have to dig those issues out again at some point; have been wanting to read them several times, recently. There is another box here, somewhere, and I recently found the list of 'zines I had towards the end of uni (i.e. after a few dozen had "walked"). Should have about half the TASs, too. Definitely still "good stuff", IIRC.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:15 am 

faro wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:what do they normally go for ? i think i have only seen 26 - dont think i have ever seen the others.

That was the latest single issue, yes. In which case you'll remember the price that went for. ;)
(Rather too high, IMHO).

killjoy32 wrote:well i offered her what i thought was a fair price anyway and was accepted right away so both parties very happy - which is the main thing i think.

Well, it certainly ain't comparable with both parties being "very happy" with $50 for an instant woodgrain sale. ^^

I'm really going to have to dig those issues out again at some point; have been wanting to read them several times, recently. There is another box here, somewhere, and I recently found the list of 'zines I had towards the end of uni (i.e. after a few dozen had "walked"). Should have about half the TASs, too. Definitely still "good stuff", IIRC.

Speaking of Beholder I just posted a link to an auction with #6 in it. It is mixed in with three other zines so it can't show a true issue price but with proper exposure it might give someone an idea as to value.

Behold The Arctopus: Music | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:11 am 

Marlith wrote:Speaking of Beholder I just posted a link to an auction with #6 in it. It is mixed in with three other zines so it can't show a true issue price but with proper exposure it might give someone an idea as to value.

Probably won't help since it's the second-least "valuable" item in that bundle.

Now, the only decision is whether I should bother posting  twenty "interesting items" on /two/ threads to cover this up, or not? ^^

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:28 am 

faro wrote:
Marlith wrote:Speaking of Beholder I just posted a link to an auction with #6 in it. It is mixed in with three other zines so it can't show a true issue price but with proper exposure it might give someone an idea as to value.

Probably won't help since it's the second-least "valuable" item in that bundle.

Now, the only decision is whether I should bother posting  twenty "interesting items" on /two/ threads to cover this up, or not? ^^

man that was quiet for ages *grrr* oh well guess this will hurt again :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:04 am 

The all seeing Eye. (and I'm helping to bury it :wink: )

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:42 am 

yes i think burying is a good thing :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:52 am 

Yeah, so you seen that auction for some Fantasy Master books: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8815196832
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8815198161
:wink:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:36 am 

killjoy32 wrote:its not often i manage to persuade anyone to BIN an item rather than auction it, but did manage it this time:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

as there were no bids at the very early time, i didnt deem there to be a problem, so went for it!

yes indeed i am VERY happy with these. print version doesnt matter. i would just like 1 of each issue released.

Al

just letting y'all know that these arrived this morning. i am VERY happy with them lemme tell you yoohoo! my god the package was something even BTB would be proud of. was so secure it took me 10 mins to get into the flaming thing!!

books are great and am so chuffed!

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:20 am 

killjoy32 wrote:chuffed!

Al

Okay I need a definition on this word (I'm part English, have friends in the UK, but still seem to find some words I never knew.)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:34 am 

Plaag wrote:

Al

Okay I need a definition on this word (I'm part English, have friends in the UK, but still seem to find some words I never knew.)

ShaneG.

chuffed = really pleased / very happy

but then saying that i know some ppl who would say "ya know? i just couldnt give a chuff about it" as in "i dont care"

so i guess there ya go :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:35 am 

now if i did a bill & ted riff on an air guitar and then said "EXCELLENT"

you would prb know what i meant :)

*sheesh* :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:51 am 

:lol:
Excellent!

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:08 am 

Plaag wrote::lol:
Excellent!

ShaneG.

now dont forget the air guitar stance or you just lose the feel of the word :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:30 pm 

Chuffed. Right. British slang.

We Americans never use slang, of course.

Savvy?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:25 pm 

Plaag wrote:

Al

ShaneG.

This should give you a laugh http://english2american.com/dictionary/c.html

Or some recommended reading for those that don't mind something a bit closer to the bone
Roger's Profanisaurus Rex: From the Pages of "Viz", the Ultimate Swearing Dictionary: Amazon.co.uk: Viz: Books

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 114123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 112113114