The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 114123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:10 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:She does do commisions although she is a little backed up right now! (3-4 months)  You should she what she has prepared for a few upcoming competitions!!  Its great stuff.
J

I noticed on the site that she is a bit backed up so I'll wait a few months and come with a good one... I'm thinking an Oriental Adventures female adventurer like in the Holloway paintings.  I'll have to find the right mini... perhaps the Reaper site can help.   :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:37 pm 

was surprised to come home today and see I won this with a token bid :)

eBay

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:26 pm 

Great price on that one. Congrats.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:07 pm 

ExTSR wrote:
faro wrote:*avoids making any comments 'bout people who search for themselves on eBay (or Google!)*

I've found 3 people ripping off the "R" series and my Aquaria campaign that way. Trademark infringment on TSR properties and personal insult to boot. So it's a regular habit of mine. :/

That's just weird to find a postcard with your same name on it.

Especially slightly before you were born... :wink:

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:43 am 

Today I went to a giant white elephant sale in Oakland, CA to benifit a local museum and I found a 1st ed copy of Talisman by GW from 1983 that is in excellent condition and 100% complete. Also included with the game was the first expanion set as well! I got it for $1!  8O

Also found a copy of the Dungeon boardgame for $3, Origins of WWII by Avalon Hill in mint condition, and a collection of a ton of Warhammer fantasy figures - someones army. Look to be all metal and all are painted, some are huge. Spent the most on that lot, came with a carrying case which I will likely keep after selling off the armies. That one cost me $50 but I have to imagine the armies are worth more than that...

All in all a good day!!  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:52 am 

jpipes wrote:1st ed copy of Talisman by GW from 1983 that is in excellent condition and 100% complete. Also included with the game was the first expanion set as well! I got it for $1!

Die you fleabitten dog. Payoff 200:1, maybe?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:12 am 

picked up a second ed print of Dimensions and Doors for $1!

Brette:)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:36 am 

This arrived today - and he was kind enough to put the third volume in as well.   Just goes to show that there are plenty of gentleman out there as well as players.  :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:26 am 

red_bus wrote:This arrived today - and he was kind enough to put the third volume in as well.   Just goes to show that there are plenty of gentleman out there as well as players.  :)

Wow.  Nice one, Steven!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm 

Woo.... way to go, Al!

Blasted Lands; $306 with seriously stiff competition
eBay.com Item Bid History

My ~$200 bid would've been totally over-run, and I thought that was fairly high :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 pm 

bombadil wrote:
red_bus wrote:This arrived today - and he was kind enough to put the third volume in as well.   Just goes to show that there are plenty of gentleman out there as well as players.  :)

Wow.  Nice one, Steven!

The guy's got boxes of them and he's selling them at £1.99 a pop. E-mail him if you want one. He's pretty slow at responding to e-mails BTW.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:04 pm 

faro wrote:Woo.... way to go, Al!

My ~$200 bid would've been totally over-run, and I thought that was fairly high :)

I cancelled my snipe that was set at $225 because I decided that I didn't want it that bad and reset it at ~$177.  After I got my notice that my snipe was too low, I changed my mind again and tossed in a manual bid anyway. :roll:   Looks like I have been saved form myself again. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:16 pm 

thankyou - this is prb the item i have been trying to get for the longest, so am very happy to win it. yeah its prb a fair bit more than i wanted to pay, but hey thats the way it goes sometimes isnt it. at least the condition of the item is worthy of the value. i doubt i would have paid this much if it was just a.n.other off ebay and having dealt with devon many times before, i know i can rely on them many times over so there we are!

yes i am very happy!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I cancelled my snipe that was set at $225 because I decided that I didn't want it that bad and reset it at ~$177.  After I got my notice that my snipe was too low, I changed my mind again and tossed in a manual bid anyway. :roll:   Looks like I have been saved form myself again. :wink:

i tell you something....for a second there, i seriously didnt think my bid was going to be enough!!!! wow that was some heavy bidding going in there at the end wasnt it?!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:32 pm 

*avoids making any comments 'bout people who search for themselves on eBay (or Google!)*  

I never even thought to Google myself until my wife got bored at work one evening and a co-worker suggested she Google me after they had run out of things to Google; impressed the hell out of them and gave her a nice warm glow. Found references that said I had died, OD'd, joined a monastery in Upper Peninsula (LoL), or was living somewhere in Asia....

Now that my Master's Thesis has been published, the numbers can only go up...

How strange to be able to "weigh" your life like this...

The trap is in putting credence to the "weight"

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:46 pm 

So how DID you like being a monk in Asia?

:roll:

Don't care for the UP myself, tho it's only half an hour away...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:49 pm 

ExTSR wrote:So how DID you like being a monk in Asia?
:roll:

I was wondering that too, Frank, given quotes like "How strange to be able to "weigh" your life like this... The trap is in putting credence to the "weight"" :)

Somewhat deeper than usual, around here, Tim ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:31 pm 

Got tired of rice and raw fish; raw fish is bait.

On the Age of Wonders Heaven board, I am renowned for my skill at cruising the aether... Now you guys know how I learned...

Somewhat deeper than usual, around here, Tim

Were you thinking "deep" as in profound, or deep as in should have worn my boots?

I am a school teacher that just finished a Masters degree at 57, I had to talk like that the last 2.5 years.

If your definition was the former, I'm glad to help raise the bar for the board; if the latter, see preceding.

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 114123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 112113114