The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 113 of 114123 ... 110, 111, 112, 113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:13 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:
I'd agree that there is only one actual printing, but since we don't really split hairs of edition vs. printing vs. version too much around here, I just simplified it.  The point is, there is a difference and complete would include the dark cover.

Well this 1st print version is sealed in old plastic. Dont know if they sealed the 2nd print but it might be a way to tell the difference.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Well this 1st print version is sealed in old plastic. Dont know if they sealed the 2nd print but it might be a way to tell the difference.

If it is sealed in plastic then it was probably done by some 3rd party.  All the copies I have had pass through my hands (about 8 now) have all been ziplock bagged - about half and half with/without the screen.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 pm 

Mars wrote:
If it is sealed in plastic then it was probably done by some 3rd party.  All the copies I have had pass through my hands (about 8 now) have all been ziplock bagged - about half and half with/without the screen.

Agreed.  Mine was a bag as well.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 am 

picked up a copy of Chaosium's "Cities" for $5, shipped.

also picked up a copy of "All the World's Monsters" for less than $8, shipped.

Neither are uber collectible, but I find Cities to be quite useful, and while I don't get a lot of direct use out of AtWM, it is fun to flip through to get the creativity flowing.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:38 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:For one module shipping costs would be $5... I can live with that. But I was going to order two copies of each, and shipping to from US to US would have been $14 for just those four modules!

Um... Email Inner City at [email protected], tell Chris Clark (the sole proprietor) that I said to fix the shipping. He'll take care of you.

F

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 pm 

NKG usually have both those titles in stock at really cheap prices.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:48 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Um... Email Inner City at [email protected], tell Chris Clark (the sole proprietor)

If someone is interested in the original Inner City game (released in 1982), C. Clark should still have some Inner City RPG boxed sets for sale (but not listed on his website). He sold some boxes on ebay but he told me that he have a good stock...  

Playin' in the streets is a developpement of Inner City.
Catalog: Playin in the Streets

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 pm 

Seller krull22871has a Champions lead figures boxed set from Grenadier.  I can't tell if the box is sealed or not.  New-in-box implies not shrinkwrapped, but who knows:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:46 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Seller krull22871has a Champions lead figures boxed set from Grenadier.  I can't tell if the box is sealed or not.  New-in-box implies not shrinkwrapped, but who knows:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I believe I see shrinkage on the box.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:52 am 

That Champions box certainly appears to be smarmed.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:26 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Seller krull22871has a Champions lead figures boxed set from Grenadier.  I can't tell if the box is sealed or not.  New-in-box implies not shrinkwrapped, but who knows:

. . . cgi.ebay.com/SUPERHEROES-LOT-OLD-HOT-WH ... 0535148715

serleran wrote:That Champions box certainly appears to be smarmed.

Are you guys kidding?! 8O
To heck with that Shrinky Dink Smarmy Box, I want the HULK Pez Despenser...

HULK WANT PEZ!
OR HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!
:P  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:01 am 

A large stack of gaming mags has appeared at the central austin HPB. I picked up Pegasus 1-3, White Dwarf 6+, Sorcerer's Apprentice 2+, Dragon 29+, etc. for $1.98 each. I left behind plenty of nice things that I already own copies of, in case anyone here has access to the store.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:34 am 

sauromatian wrote:A large stack of gaming mags has appeared at the central austin HPB. I picked up Pegasus 1-3, White Dwarf 6+, Sorcerer's Apprentice 2+, Dragon 29+, etc. for $1.98 each. I left behind plenty of nice things that I already own copies of, in case anyone here has access to the store.

Nice price on those magazines.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:21 pm 

I received this morning a huge package with several items I bought to a German seller. Very nice seller. All boxes are in excellent shape with absolutely mint contents!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:38 am 

Wow, Christmas already?

:)

Nice assortment!  What is the black & silver book above Tekumel?  and please tell me who Lands of Adventure is by? (looks similar to Arneson's Adventures in Fantasy, but can't quite make it out)

Congrats!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:36 am 

davidc wrote:Nice assortment!  What is the black & silver book above Tekumel?  and please tell me who Lands of Adventure is by? (looks similar to Arneson's Adventures in Fantasy, but can't quite make it out)

Land of Adventure is by Lee Gold. He wrote Land of the Rising Sun too, and was one editor of Alarums and Excursions as well.

The black and silver book is Taiga by Burger Games
Taiga - RPGnet  RPG Game Index

(I got several other RPGs like this one in this lot, as Spookshow, Attack of the Human, Asylum, Of Gods and Men, etc, but did not pictured them)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:07 am 

* she
And still is the only editor; http://www.conchord.org/xeno/aande.html :)

Nice bundle, that!

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 am 

davidc wrote:...please tell me who Lands of Adventure is by? (looks similar to Arneson's Adventures in Fantasy, but can't quite make it out)..

Good to see a nice copy of it too.
My copy has a damaged Box though the books are in excellent condition.

Lands of Adventure is a Box Set.
Published by Fantasy Games Unlimited, 1983.
Design: Lee Gold. (Yes, she is a woman)
Contents include:
A Rules Book, a one sided Character Sheet, and another book (Called Culture Pack).
The Culture Pack offers adventure settings in Mythic Greece, Medieval England, and an additional section for the world of King Arthur.
Not a hard to learn rules set and the adventure settings seem very interesting.
They look to be somewhat more Lore based (Literature and Historically speaking) than most fantasy RPGs.

Pics below:
ImageImage
ImageImage

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 113 of 114123 ... 110, 111, 112, 113114