The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 10312, 3 ... 101102103
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:03 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:AU:6

Was very happy to snap up Space Gamer issue 1 - first one I've seen on ebay ever. Seller was Ben Ostrander - SG editor from #8 to #26. Mag arrived today and it is in absolutely MINT condition - looks like it just came off the press. I doubt it has ever been read, and apart from a minute amount of staple rust you would think it was produced yesterday.

It's possible that the item also belongs on the silly auction price thread, but there were a few of us bidding $300+. The seller also has a number of other issues up right now from 5 to 14, if anyone needs any of those.

Regards

Mike

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:08 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... :EOAB:AU:6

Was very happy to snap up Space Gamer issue 1 - first one I've seen on ebay ever. Seller was Ben Ostrander - SG editor from #8 to #26. Mag arrived today and it is in absolutely MINT condition - looks like it just came off the press. I doubt it has ever been read, and apart from a minute amount of staple rust you would think it was produced yesterday.

It's possible that the item also belongs on the silly auction price thread, but there were a few of us bidding $300+. The seller also has a number of other issues up right now from 5 to 14, if anyone needs any of those.

Regards

Mike


Cool. :)  Looks like David took a liking to that auction also. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7947
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:25 am 
 

mdr003 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:AU:6

Was very happy to snap up Space Gamer issue 1 - first one I've seen on ebay ever. Seller was Ben Ostrander - SG editor from #8 to #26. Mag arrived today and it is in absolutely MINT condition - looks like it just came off the press. I doubt it has ever been read, and apart from a minute amount of staple rust you would think it was produced yesterday.

It's possible that the item also belongs on the silly auction price thread, but there were a few of us bidding $300+. The seller also has a number of other issues up right now from 5 to 14, if anyone needs any of those.

Regards

Mike


That was a great find, those are truly hard to find. I auctioned off the first 20 issues or so about 10 years ago on rpg.marketplace, and I think I got $300 for the entire lot!!! :( But they were in very used condition, still, if I had hung on to them...oh well. If I had hung on to a lot of stuff I'd be better off now (maybe my waist when it was size 36 or so....)

Mike B.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:56 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
mdr003 wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... :EOAB:AU:6

Was very happy to snap up Space Gamer issue 1 - first one I've seen on ebay ever. Seller was Ben Ostrander - SG editor from #8 to #26. Mag arrived today and it is in absolutely MINT condition - looks like it just came off the press. I doubt it has ever been read, and apart from a minute amount of staple rust you would think it was produced yesterday.

It's possible that the item also belongs on the silly auction price thread, but there were a few of us bidding $300+. The seller also has a number of other issues up right now from 5 to 14, if anyone needs any of those.

Regards

Mike


Cool. :) Looks like David took a liking to that auction also. :wink:

Erm, I kinda got the feeling I was gopher for that auction; trying to find out what <kent_allard_jr>'s bids were, solely so that Mike could pounce.
Even with the bid he put in right at the start, the closing price would've been $305.

Far too rich for me, sorry.

Persistence with the seller was still worthwhile, though.
Picked up #2 for $24; mint, of course
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5195763136

(and then arranged for a signed run of #3-9 to go with that, which is why I've been quiet on the topic! :)
I only just asked/rec'd a response in time before the others were listed, and even had to have #6 "pulled"...).

Ben's great to talk with, btw! :D
Did a excellent job putting that 'zine together, back in the "dark ages"! 8)

(Steve Jackson took over at #27 and Ben went on to many other things)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:43 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Ben's great to talk with, btw! :D
Did a excellent job putting that 'zine together, back in the "dark ages"! 8)

(Steve Jackson took over at #27 and Ben went on to many other things)


hey david....totally off topic, did you get that parcel i sent? tried to PM you but its prb not got there....

Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:48 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:hey david....totally off topic, did you get that parcel i sent? tried to PM you but its prb not got there....

Al

Heya, Al!

Oops... Is here, but not opened yet. :oops: (Got a two-week backlog delivered at the weekend).

Have you gone and sent two "L" installments, instead of two "I"s, by mistake?

*looks at clock*. will investigate later... ;)
Thanks for checking! :D

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:50 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Steve Jackson took over at #27 ...


Ah, the memories ... SG #27 was the first gaming purchase I ever made with "my own money" (money I had earned myself, in other words; my dad had paid for some earlier D&D purchases). For many years thereafter, a monthly (or bi-monthly) purchase of SG was built into my meager gaming budget ...

Ack, I'm veering off-topic! Quick, someone post something relevant! :)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:27 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Have you gone and sent two "L" installments, instead of two "I"s, by mistake?

*looks at clock*. will investigate later... ;)
Thanks for checking! :D


LOL i bloody well hope not :)



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:09 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5195824645

really pleased with this purchase. i had a spare player map in minty mint condition to replace the one with writing on it, so left with a really NICE condition item!!

:D



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6210
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:58 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:really pleased with this purchase. i had a spare player map in minty mint condition to replace the one with writing on it, so left with a really NICE condition item!! :D

Wow. I missed that one. :(


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:06 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:really pleased with this purchase. i had a spare player map in minty mint condition to replace the one with writing on it, so left with a really NICE condition item!! :D

Wow. I missed that one. :(

Interesting seller, there...

Sorry 'bout the lowball snipe, Al! £4 would've been absurdly cheap... :P
eBay.com Item Bid History

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:42 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:really pleased with this purchase. i had a spare player map in minty mint condition to replace the one with writing on it, so left with a really NICE condition item!! :D

Wow. I missed that one. :(


aww sorry man, but then i guess you missed this one too....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5195824663

:D  :D  :D

bout time i get a bargain for a change :)

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:45 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:
Wow. I missed that one. :(

Interesting seller, there...

Sorry 'bout the lowball snipe, Al! £4 would've been absurdly cheap... :P
eBay.com Item Bid History


lol yeah i saw that david :)

mind you if your snipe was in the region of £30, you still wouldnt have won it, as my bid was £35.55 :)

Al

ps.... nice avatar pic btw - very amusing :)



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:54 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:mind you if your snipe was in the region of £30, you still wouldnt have won it, as my bid was £35.55 :)

heh, heh... wouldn't have wanted to cost you that much money, would I? :P

killjoy32 wrote:ps.... nice avatar pic btw - very amusing :)

*grins and winks* ;)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6210
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:54 pm 
 

Good haul. Those slipped me by, but I wouldn't have gone that high so they'd have been your anyway. There can't be much missing from your personal JG collection now. What are you after?


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:25 pm 
 

am after quite a bit of stuff actually. want to get my hands on all the old instalments...most of what i have are 2nd or later prints, bar for a smattering of 1st i have - i have tons o stuff as you know, but starting at the start, i am certainly after:

2 Dungeon Tac Cards
8 Dungeon Level Maps I: Levels 1-5
28 Judges Shield
36 Character Chronicle Cards
87 Character Codex
600 Pegasus 1
610 Pegasus 2
1021 Fantasy Game Aid Pack
1022 Fantasy Adventure Pack
1023 Fantasy Campaign Booster Pack  
1024 Fantasy Campaign Pack
1025 Treasure Pack
1026 Adventure Module Pack
1052 SciFi Game Aide Pack

getting them will prb give me at least 1 of everything (bar for t-shirts and buttons etc) that they put out. but i would like to beef up my JG 1-30 or so really....

so if you wanna offload any of that, then lemme know.

i shoulda been more aggressive on your TAC cards the other month....

Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:25 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Good haul. Those slipped me by, but I wouldn't have gone that high so they'd have been your anyway.

Al's a one-man inflationary spiral. :D

killjoy32 wrote:am after quite a bit of stuff actually....
<snip>

i shoulda been more aggressive on your TAC cards the other month....

Al

Erm, that's not a particularly long list...

(And I still don't know why you didn't jump the whole of <m03>'s $310 offer, since you noticed that first... ;))

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4483
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:46 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
so if you wanna offload any of that, then lemme know.

i shoulda been more aggressive on your TAC cards the other month....

Al


Me Too !!  :evil:  :x  :roll:  :cry:

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:57 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:(And I still don't know why you didn't jump the whole of <m03>'s $310 offer, since you noticed that first... ;))


well he actually PM'd me to see if i wanted it, but tbh at the time, i was seriously low on funds having already bought a ton o stuff and had some other sh*t in RL going on that required £ too, so i couldnt afford it even close. the stuff there didnt inspire me at the time, but now maybe i would think different, but anyways it dun matter does it :)

yeh the list isnt that long as i do have quite a lot of stuff here. my JG stuff dwarfs my TSR stuff prb like 75/25 - and i value that stuff a lot more, so would far rather beef that out before anything else.

so if you fancy offloading any off that list onto me for something sensible, then lemme know :)

david: the "inflationary spiral" made me smile :D

i personally think that its about time some of the JG items gained some value as they are really cool items and a goodly portion of them are a lot harder to get hold of than most TSR things - but i guess the popularity of TSR items makes them what they are.

i think ppl are beginning to notice JG stuff more and they might make one or two tentative buys - like the items and then look for more - so then they can come speak to me :D



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:19 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(And I still don't know why you didn't jump the whole of <m03>'s $310 offer, since you noticed that first... ;))


well he actually PM'd me to see if i wanted it, but tbh at the time, i was seriously low on funds having already bought a ton o stuff and had some other sh*t in RL going on that required £ too, so i couldnt afford it even close. the stuff there didnt inspire me at the time, but now maybe i would think different, but anyways it dun matter does it :)

Heh. At least you were deemed worthy of a PM. :)
I sent a PM with my thoughts re. valuations and a request to be invited to offer following the very first post on the "Collecting Appraisal" thread ( Value of rare Judges Guild items (sealed Tac Cards, etc). ) and didn't hear a thing re. actual sales until I spotted the "Classifieds" post, just too late.

*shrugs*

killjoy32 wrote:yeh the list isnt that long as i do have quite a lot of stuff here. my JG stuff dwarfs my TSR stuff prb like 75/25 - and i value that stuff a lot more, so would far rather beef that out before anything else.

*nod nods*. TSR is getting kinda over-priced in many places, too. ;)

Ah, I see, ya ain't add the "second rank" wants to that list? (presumably the likes of 1st Modron, all the early JG Journals, white "I", etc.).

killjoy32 wrote:so if you fancy offloading any off that list onto me for something sensible, then lemme know :)

No duplicates, afaik, aside from possibly one or two of the early journals and other stuff not on your list. :(
Certainly no second set of TAC cards... (*dodges "dagger" looks from both you and Shane*)

killjoy32 wrote:david: the "inflationary spiral" made me smile :D

i personally think that its about time some of the JG items gained some value as they are really cool items and a goodly portion of them are a lot harder to get hold of than most TSR things - but i guess the popularity of TSR items makes them what they are.

Those have been very much hyped, too, in the past year or so, IMHO (combination of demand vs. somewhat throttled supply, plus a large number of (newbie) collectors prepared to burn big $).
Has been less so on the JG side, phps, but nonetheless between you, Ian and a few others, you managed to foil my attempts to pick up my remaining missing items cheaply, by cranking things up a level (or two). :D

jmo. *g*.
killjoy32 wrote:i think ppl are beginning to notice JG stuff more and they might make one or two tentative buys - like the items and then look for more - so then they can come speak to me :D

You still don't have a name/title for your JG enterprise, do you? ;)

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 10312, 3 ... 101102103