The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 109 of 114123 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:11 pm 

In this case, "recent" is relative, but it seemed like a good place to highlight my planned reading for the weekend - house to myself until Monday night!  Let's see how far I get...

Yes, I very much would like to find a copy of Highroad... thanks for asking.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm 

Wow, what a nice collection... lots of goodies - and quite a few on my want list :)  If you read like me, Companions alone will take you 'til Monday...  Thanks for posting these, nice to see :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm 

Gems For Death
Brotherhood Of The Bolt
Starstone

Sweet, relatively rare, good quality products there. Don't imagine you got those from eBay, so private purchases? I've never read Gems For Death, but BotB and Starstone are good reads.

The rest look like really good condition uncommons. All good quality products for the most part too.

OT - Anyone know of Peter Rice or Wm John Weaver are still around? Contactable?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:29 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:OT - Anyone know of Peter Rice or Wm John Weaver are still around? Contactable?

I think Wm J Wheeler has passed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 pm 

I remember reading something like that last year. :(

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:36 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:In this case, "recent" is relative, but it seemed like a good place to highlight my planned reading for the weekend - house to myself until Monday night!  

Nice set of stuff BTW.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:16 pm 

Nice Companions set! Very nice.

Mark: do you have a list of pre-D20 Kalamar items?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Nice Companions set! Very nice.

Mark: do you have a list of pre-D20 Kalamar items?

Thanks - two left to go on Companions items I want.

See here for the Kalamar list:  Pre-d20 Kingdoms of Kalamar help needed

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 pm 

This isn't going to mean much to many of you, but I found it interesting.  I've been wanting a Demogorgon figure for a while, but the prices were always out of my interest level.  Finally, I bid on and won these three auctions, the first of which had both an Orcus(in poor shape) and a Demogorgon.  The total for all three auctions plus shipping was $76.31.  Not great, but not bad.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

What surprised me was how large the Demogorgon and Orcus figures were.  They were twice as tall as I expected.  Here's a picture I took of them both next to a 25mm Storm Giant and a Githyanki Knight.

I don't know why I didn't expect them to be so big, because they are large creatures in the Monster Manual, but it did.  It just goes to show how informative it can be to players when they see these minis on the gaming table next to their puny minis.   :twisted:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:22 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:In this case, "recent" is relative, but it seemed like a good place to highlight my planned reading for the weekend - house to myself until Monday night!  Let's see how far I get...

That one titled "Mountain of Mystery" by Dimension Six looks really familiar. I can't remember if I saw it in a recent Ebay lot or flipping through stuff at a local game store. Is that tough to find?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 pm 

misterspock wrote:That one titled "Mountain of Mystery" by Dimension Six looks really familiar. I can't remember if I saw it in a recent Ebay lot or flipping through stuff at a local game store. Is that tough to find?

Its not too difficult to find.  Its probably the 2nd easiest of the Dim6 items to find.  Its probably worth $10-$15 maybe $20 depending on condition.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am 

Mars wrote:
Its not too difficult to find.  Its probably the 2nd easiest of the Dim6 items to find.  Its probably worth $10-$15 maybe $20 depending on condition.

Thanks for letting me know. I picked up about six or seven Polyhedrons (with the covers) for $1 apiece, along with some various Dragon issues (nothing collectible-amazing..just for reading purposes), and then also a JG Pegasus #1 in really nice condition for $1 as well.  :D But I'm pretty sure I recognized that Mountain of Mystery cover there. I thought I had seen that Necromancer CSIO book a while back there (which is really why I was spending so much time looking through the shelves), but when I returned, I couldn't locate it  :(

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 am 

TheHistorian wrote:See here for the Kalamar list:  Pre-d20 Kingdoms of Kalamar help needed

Thanks!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:56 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Thanks!

Actually, I think I am print-complete for Pre-D20 Kalamar.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:52 am 

Mars wrote:

I sold a copy about 4 weeks ago (Good condition see scans) for $8.55 plus cost to ship.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I sold a copy about 4 weeks ago (Good condition see scans) for $8.55 plus cost to ship.

They often do sell fairly cheap but I think if you put it up for BIN of $15-20 you would get it.  They do get small spine creases and cover wear quite easily so really nice copies are difficult to find.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:49 pm 

benjoshua wrote:This isn't going to mean much to many of you, but I found it interesting.  I've been wanting a Demogorgon figure for a while, but the prices were always out of my interest level.  Finally, I bid on and won these three auctions, the first of which had both an Orcus(in poor shape) and a Demogorgon.  The total for all three auctions plus shipping was $76.31.  Not great, but not bad.

What surprised me was how large the Demogorgon and Orcus figures were.  They were twice as tall as I expected.  Here's a picture I took of them both next to a 25mm Storm Giant and a Githyanki Knight.

[ Image ]

I really liked that first auction and you outbid me.   Not only was the demigorgon in there but it included the little demon (to the right in the picture) that was part of the same blister.   I don't think I've ever seen that one before.    I sold the demigorgon itself for over $13.00  a few months ago.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:48 pm 

RalphPartha wrote:I really liked that first auction and you outbid me.   Not only was the demigorgon in there but it included the little demon (to the right in the picture) that was part of the same blister.   I don't think I've ever seen that one before.    I sold the demigorgon itself for over $13.00  a few months ago.

Ah!  That's what I wanted to know.  Thanks!  Yeah, their were about eight minis in that auction that interested me to the point I'll keep them.  And when I was able to win those other two auctions and combine shipping, I feel pretty good about what I paid.  What I don't want, I'll sell off this December or next year.   Thanks again!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 109 of 114123 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 112113114