The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 114123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:00 pm 

And I see Generic, for which I was too stingy to get it  :roll:
When you have read it, could you let me know what it worth? :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:35 pm 

Mars wrote:I picked up copies of the Strange Acorn books about 5 years ago.  I read them back then but don't remember.  What does come to mind is that they are near impossible to find.

"Near impossible" is relative in that company, of course, since (barring a few items) it's mostly degrees of rare/near impossible. Some would call The Ringbearer "rare" (and with a price tag to ~$250 at GenCon for the first print) and yet is on the common side in that company.

*copies-forward pics*
Mars wrote:[ Image ]

[ Image ]

aside; happiest to see there:
* Phil Martin's The Potions of the Anathar - struggling to recall any auction history
* Chaotic Intellect's No Honour in Sathporte (/Southport *g*) - a prime UK example of being well advertised /not/ equating to being common: probably sold a few more than Spawn of Fashan (being the classic US example, I guess). Thankfully very much better than that... *jk*
* Clegg's Notnaidag Robber Headquarters - since it keeps eluding me, with bonus points for the cover...
* Quixotics' Dungeon Encounters - terra incognita but still curious to know how what they squished into the stated number of pages. Previous auction prices were crazy-stupid, though. And,
* the aforementioned Canadian Zeppelins, of course :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:34 pm 

Where did you find this haul?  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 pm 

This lot has lots of good stuff in it:

* I have no auction data for Potions of the Anathar either
* Espadirium - no auction data either, small press UK rpg
* The Ysgarth adventures complete my set (I think)
* DunDraCon cards - uncut with cover sheet (need to compare them with the sets from NK)
* Long Live the King & Bavenlon get me a bit closer to a set of Silverdawn
* Chivalry lives - 1st print (to compare with the ones they are selling now)

Some good Canadian content with:
* First Encounter #1 - completes my set of these fanzines
* Zeppelin items
* Fantasy Monsters & Robots - advertised in Dragon Magazine

I guess in the present company the rarity of Wyrdworld is probably in the bottom half of the 10 most rare list for the lot.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Where did you find this haul?  8O

A good chunk of it is from Christophe aka TheShield on Ebay who is selling off a bunch of stuff.  He was an active collector for a number of years and someone I ebaystocked for a lot of years too.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm 

Mars wrote:* Chivalry lives - 1st print (to compare with the ones they are selling now)

Mhmm... spotted but you put "good stuff" in the same sentence. :p

Mars wrote:I guess in the present company the rarity of Wyrdworld is probably in the bottom half of the 10 most rare list for the lot.

Would have thought lower given how many rares are in those pics and I can count 20 or so that are rarer in my mind, anyhow... ;)
Both vols of Wyrdworld were "in the shops" for long enough back in the day although that's not to say they sold huge numbers as they're rather "low key". Wordeseley is probably rarer, though.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm 

So much stuff.. so little money to buy everything.. LOL

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 pm 

What an awesome couple of images... nice!

:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 pm 

This one arrived today too:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Wasn't sure what it was really going to be but it seems like it is a superhero RPG.  The book is also a lot bigger than expected coming in at 154 pages.  It seems like it is A4 size as well.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 pm 

Mars wrote:A couple nice Gygax references in them too - #4 contains an interview and #5 contains a letter from Gary about the interview, etc.

and

faro wrote:Those two EGG hooks are pretty useful too

Oh?  Do tell! :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm 

I've been looking for a copy of Heroes by Tabletop Games & Nottingham Model Soldier Shop for a few years. I'm jealous. :) Great stuff.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 pm 

Very nice.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm 

PaulKM wrote:I've been looking for a copy of Heroes by Tabletop Games & Nottingham Model Soldier Shop for a few years.

Rather more common than most of the rest of Mark's two pics - yeah, it's relative again ;) - since that was on sale for a long time after the 1979 publication date, thanks to the publishers. (Which is also the reason the original 1978 version of the Reaper fantasy wargame rules /aren't/ common).
Troll & Toad asking $200+ is more than a bit rich even though their copy has the usually-missing map and is in "excellent" condition: unusual given the format and general use those had back in the day.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:36 pm 

faro wrote:Rather more common than most of the rest of Mark's two pics - yeah, it's relative again ;) - since that was on sale for a long time after the 1979 publication date, thanks to the publishers. (Which is also the reason the original 1978 version of the Reaper fantasy wargame rules /aren't/ common).
Troll & Toad asking $200+ is more than a bit rich even though their copy has the usually-missing map and is in "excellent" condition: unusual given the format and general use those had back in the day.

I've missed out on two copies (with the map) in the last year and a half. T&T can go squat :)  I'll just keep watching, and waiting. Thanks for the hope...damn relativity  

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 pm 

PaulKM wrote:T&T can go squat :)

:lol:

Probably still have three or four copies with the maps kicking around but was rather careless to which of the many were given away as freebies (more likely the better copies, bar one) since that's been one of those I picked out of habit if going cheaply, both back in the day and somewhat more recently, as it's well worth a look IMO.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 am 

faro wrote::lol:

Probably still have three or four copies with the maps kicking around but was rather careless to which of the many were given away as freebies (more likely the better copies, bar one) since that's been one of those I picked out of habit if going cheaply, both back in the day and somewhat more recently, as it's well worth a look IMO.

It's one of those 'little books' I always liked, and want back.  I agree with you: it's well worth a read and a nice addition to one's collection.

Your mention of multiple copies is making me smile and cringe...if you ever stumble across another with a map please let me know (I hope you heard the extra whine on my 'please'). :)  

Freebies!  Going cheaply!  Well, it looks like we all need to get your address and camp out. ;)  

Best,

Paul

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:59 am 

Mars wrote:This one arrived today too:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Wasn't sure what it was really going to be but it seems like it is a superhero RPG.  The book is also a lot bigger than expected coming in at 154 pages.  It seems like it is A4 size as well.

Nice. The one that we wondered if it is a RPG game or Tabletop. So it is a RPG?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:02 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Nice. The one that we wondered if it is a RPG game or Tabletop. So it is a RPG?

Yes it is very much an RPG.  The note on the first page from the author is all about his playing other RPGs and wanting to create his own set of rules.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 114123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 112113114