The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 114123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:41 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:The only thing that would top that for me is the original Castle Greyhawk maps (and notes).

Only the original "EGG as DM" levels, rather that the parts wherein Mordenkainen had adventured previously (being a bit difficult to both DM and play at the same time)? If so, I don't see any obvious coffee stains on Dungeons & Dragons (Original Edition) | Image  | RPGGeek :)
No sign of Gail taking offers yet, however.

JasonZavoda wrote:Things of equal coolness would be the original Wormy 8-Ball drawings.

8)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 pm 

Ah...the smell of gamer cigars then!  :D

Ironically, in recent years Gary Gygax could have auctioned off his cigar butts and he would have had bidders.

For instance, he could have auctioned off that metal box he's using as an ash tray in the picture.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sweet sweet Land of Giants. :D

Now I just need to get The Great Pendragon Campaign and a replacement copy of The Noble's Book, and I'll have all the out-of-print supplements.  (I do need to pick up Greg's self-published books at some point though.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:41 am 

g026r wrote:

Sweet sweet Land of Giants. :D

Now I just need to get The Great Pendragon Campaign and a replacement copy of The Noble's Book, and I'll have all the out-of-print supplements.  (I do need to pick up Greg's self-published books at some point though.)

That was a deal.

I wasn't happy to see it, because I'm listing a copy tonight.  (And why did Pagan Shores sell so cheap?)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:35 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I wasn't happy to see it, because I'm listing a copy tonight.  (And why did Pagan Shores sell so cheap?)

Hopefully for your sake it was just a blip in the prices.

I missed the Pagan Shores.  How much did it go for?

Edit: $11.  Ouch.  Though I'd say the Lordly Domains ($10!!) was a bit more of a shocker.

Looking at his completed auctions, he doesn't seem to have done so well on a large number of them.  (GURPS Russia, for instance, used to be a sure-fire seller at twice his opening bid.) Downturn in the market due to the time of year, perhaps? :?

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 pm 

g026r wrote:

Hopefully for your sake it was just a blip in the prices.

I missed the Pagan Shores.  How much did it go for?

Edit: $11.  Ouch.  Though I'd say the Lordly Domains ($10!!) was a bit more of a shocker.

Looking at his completed auctions, he doesn't seem to have done so well on a large number of them.  (GURPS Russia, for instance, used to be a sure-fire seller at twice his opening bid.) Downturn in the market due to the time of year, perhaps? :?

I had 48 rpg books listed last week which ended on Saturday.  Many went for 99 cents and about eight books didn't sell at all.  None were valuable as far as I knew, but I thought they would have done a little better.  Most originally sold at the $12.95 to $17.95 range, although I didn't pay that much for them (I got all of these and  the rest of a pick-up truck full lot of stuff for $350.00).  The market may be slow or people may be spending what money they have left on gifts for others 8O instead of themselves. :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:38 pm 

g026r wrote:GURPS Russia, for instance, used to be a sure-fire seller at twice his opening bid.

New copies of GURPS Russia are on Amazon for $15.66.

Downturn in the market due to the time of year, perhaps? :?

My Amazon sales have picked up in the past two weeks.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:51 pm 

Definately a buyers market right now, lol.  Starting to think I am going to lose money on shipping and fees for the limited Thing in the Valley I stuck up for kicks... and to advertise Pacesetter.  

Does it look like sellers picked up on it quickly though and aren't listing as much interesting stuff?  It seems that way to me all of a sudden.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 pm 

total numbers broke 9000 items the other day .. long time its hit that mark.. there are some nice items up, as always... but yes prices look to be down.. and I tell you international shipping seems up in costs as well..

Brette:(

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 pm 

I have plenty of interesting stuff on my watch list at the moment!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:04 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:New copies of GURPS Russia are on Amazon for $15.66.

Either the market has collapsed on it (always a possibility with GURPS books), or Amazon sellers are being reasonable for once. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:20 am 

Guys;

ATM, some hard to find items are going for less. It seems like the only time I sell something is if they are part of my never-ending 15% off sale (maybe because it appears to be on sale people jump all over it).  Auctions seem to be going stupid cheap lately, but Ebay store prices are still steady.  If you are a reseller, or just someone that doesn't mind buying lots to get 1-3 items you want out of it, you can do really good placing the items you don't want in your store for a slight markup.  The trick is you may have to sit on the item for a bit. Especially around the holidays when people have a bit of cash (maybe a lot less than years earlier, but people still have a few bucks) they don't want to bother with an auction and prefer to buy it outright, so a store or one of those 30 day Buy it now auctions might do a lot better for you.

As for Gurps stuff, it seems to have really hit the skids. The only items that can reliable do well are Prisoner or Horseclans, and even those are relatively cheap from their heydey.  I sold a Gurps Prisoner for $40 recently, and that is a $75 item from years past.  Anyway, if you wanted to complete your Gurps library now is the time!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 am 

Badmike wrote:Guys;
As for Gurps stuff, it seems to have really hit the skids. The only items that can reliable do well are Prisoner or Horseclans, and even those are relatively cheap from their heydey.  I sold a Gurps Prisoner for $40 recently, and that is a $75 item from years past.  Anyway, if you wanted to complete your Gurps library now is the time!

Mike B.

I can vouch for that.  I had about ten GURPS books this past week in great condition and the average selling price was $2.00 with $3.00 shipping.  Three of the books didn't even sell at 99 cents!  Speaking of which, if someone wants them at 99 cents, you can have them.  Just look at my completed auctions to see photos.  We have:

Best of Pyramid Volume 1
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Romulans: Complete Data File

Personally, I am waiting until the new year to sell higher priced items. :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:19 pm 

Quivering Trid-Nodes!

cgi.ebay.com/Full-Color-Jorune-Poster-f ... 3a55b98bbb

While I'd rather have paid the initial $4.95 bid, at least I beat out the sniper. Anyone here?

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Quivering Trid-Nodes!

cgi.ebay.com/Full-Color-Jorune-Poster-f ... 3a55b98bbb

While I'd rather have paid the initial $4.95 bid, at least I beat out the sniper. Anyone here?

No, not me. I missed that one. Lovely poster. Congrats!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 pm 

Gratz!  That's awesome.  Missed it too!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:46 pm 

Thanks, I was happy it went undernoticed. Now if I could just come across a SoJ 1st ed., a Maustin Caji, the 2nd ed. mail order Essays, and the fanzines, I'd be well on my way to a complete Jorune collection. I'm not even going to hope for a corastin mask to pop up on eBay. If any survive, I imagine they're with Miles Teves or the Lekers.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:56 am 

Didn't even know I wanted a Dragonbone, but at that BIN, I figured it had to be a good deal:  

Ah, the thrill of checking ebay in the morning before the rest of you get there...   8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 114123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 112113114