The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 114123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:09 pm 

I found the Penguin versions of two Fighting Fantasy books: Titan: The Fighting Fantasy World and Fighting Fantasy Monsters: Out of the Pit.  They are in worn but serviceable condition.

I bought the Creations Unlimited version of Garden of the Plantmasters.  It has some water damage to the covers, but I've never owned this version before now. [Edit: Was there another version after this one?]

Also found a Rules Cyclopedia in good shape.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:18 pm 

I think that was the only edition of Garden of the Plantamster. REmember discussing this with RJK in 2005. Think this is one that should be reworked/reprinted. A PPP re-release would be most welcome.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:30 pm 

GotPM was also published by Kenzer & Co., around the timeframe as City of Brass, IIRC.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:49 pm 

Went to Con-on-the-Cob this last weekend and returned with the following thingies:

Nyambe: African Adventures (d20)
Behind the Rose: A Fantasy Adventure (AD&D / Sage Lore Productions)
Paranoia 1st Edition Box Set
Bestiary of Loerem (d20)
High Tech and Low Life: The Art of Shadowrun
Shadow Knight (Amber Diceless)
New Seattle (Shadowrun)
Blood Bowl Annual 2002
Blood Bowl Annual 2003
Central Casting: Dungeons
T&T Solo Adventure Set Summer Special #2 (T&T)

The T&T item is in shrink and contains 8 modules and a fantasy bumper sticker... ooooo.

Anyway, I think its cool.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:32 pm 

Those are some nice pickups.  I was tempted to pick up a copy of Nyambe at one point but didn't (Paizo has them on sale too).

I recently picked up a few Canadian nonTSR RPGs:  Vikings & Valkyrs and Eighth Coming.  Eighth Coming seems to be a fantasy RPG in which only about a dozen copies were sold (near Calgary) and Vikings & Valkyrs is an east coast RPG from the 1980s.  I have been trying to get a copy of the unpublished volume 3 for about 2 years now but no luck there yet.  Also looking for a copy of Order of St. Talis by the same guys if anyone has one they want to part with.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:19 pm 

Mars wrote:I recently picked up a few Canadian nonTSR RPGs:  Vikings & Valkyrs and Eighth Coming.  Eighth Coming seems to be a fantasy RPG in which only about a dozen copies were sold (near Calgary) and Vikings & Valkyrs is an east coast RPG from the 1980s.  I have been trying to get a copy of the unpublished volume 3 for about 2 years now but no luck there yet.  Also looking for a copy of Order of St. Talis by the same guys if anyone has one they want to part with.

Pictures? :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:06 pm 

Okay, this isn't RPG-related, strictly speaking.. But, I found it because I was searching for the TSR/RPGA belt buckles done by the same manufacturer, and it was just too cool (YMMV) to pass up. From what little research I was able to do between happening across the auction and bidding on it, the two-sided version is no longer being made :).

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... K:MEWNX:IT

Yes, I'm going to wear it...well, maybe.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 pm 

Strange buy cool.  But I could not wear it.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 pm 

Curiouser and curiouser indeed! :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:19 am 

It's new(er) and it's not even remotely D&D-style roleplaying, but I've been looking for one of these for a while, and it's the limited edition hardcover (for below the cost of what the softcover was when it was still in print -- though I'm curious as to what the price for that will be once they finally get the POD stuff set up) as well. :D

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Now to track down a copy of Rüs and its supplement plus a few d20 books.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 pm 

I am very happy to get a near complete run of Inner City RPG and supplements :)
The only thing missing is the 2nd pr. Pavement Plounders

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:36 pm 

Anyone ever hear of a d20 RPG called Solid! Seems to be a play on 70's black-sploitation?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:40 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Anyone ever hear of a d20 RPG called Solid! Seems to be a play on 70's black-sploitation?

This? Review of Solid! The d20 Blaxploitation Experience - RPGnet d20

PDF [3.5/OGL Modern] Solid! The d20 Blaxploitation Experience - Super Genius Games | OGL: Fantasy/Modern | DriveThruRPG.com

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:47 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Anyone ever hear of a d20 RPG called Solid! Seems to be a play on 70's black-sploitation?

Used to own a copy. I had picked it up a number of years back at the GenCon auction in a batch of d20 books.  It was a fun read once through, but I can't actually imagine playing it.  One favor deserves another, so I sold it at the past GenCon auction, again in a batch of d20s.  I think I got $9 for the set.   :roll:

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:48 pm 

serleran wrote:...

T&T Solo Adventure Set Summer Special #2 (T&T)

The T&T item is in shrink and contains 8 modules and a fantasy bumper sticker... ooooo.

Anyway, I think its cool.

I ordered that Summer Special #2 directly from Flying Buffalo, and it wasn't in shrink + no bumper sticker. Wonder if I got the "limited" opened version  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:54 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I am very happy to get a near complete run of Inner City RPG and supplements :)

I noticed that you bought one of these and seller has a few more so I picked up a copy of the boxed set too (have been looking for a while - NK has one for $95).  I picked up the supplements a little while back from Crazy Egor.

Nice pickup on the Endless Games Gamebook pads too - I forgot to bid :(

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:28 pm 

Mars wrote:
I noticed that you bought one of these and seller has a few more so I picked up a copy of the boxed set too (have been looking for a while - NK has one for $95).  I picked up the supplements a little while back from Crazy Egor.

Nice pickup on the Endless Games Gamebook pads too - I forgot to bid :(

Yes he have several box left. It is a very hard to find boxed set so I am very astonished that no one else bid on them... You picked one too didn't you? And that no one bid on endless games gamebook pads

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:36 pm 

Yes, I bought the most recent one:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 114123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 112113114