The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 114123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:52 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Then again, this is all my assumption with no facts to back it up (I only know White Wolf from a selling standpoint). Still, I have come across two Pooka's, three Red Caps and 2 Eshu just at RPG and Comic stores in my general area. Haven't seen any of the others, but it does make me think that Pooka is not exceedingly rare.

possibly lower print runs? or just that much more popular than the other mebbe?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:26 am 

just been notified that these are on their way to me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWN:IT

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:06 am 

killjoy32 wrote:just been notified that these are on their way to me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWN:IT

Al

these arrived today, all shrinked, 4 packs, 3 revised and 1 original - very nice and VERY happy with the price!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:00 pm 

I bought the exact same thing from him a few weeks ago Al. I was quite happy as well.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:09 pm 

That guy has been bleeding rpgs for a long time and it never seems to stop.

What kills me is that I grew up around that area about an hour North of Bluffton. While visiting once, I looked extensively for some kind of game shop around there and there isn't and never appears to have been one. He must be sitting on some obscene warehouse of an old distributor.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:45 pm 

This arrived today:

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt ... T&rd=1

I read a review of it some time ago and it sounded like fun, so I kept an eye out for a copy. I read through the rules, and it looks even more fun to play than I thought. They included a few scenarios, including a 3 player version with one player controlling the Christians, and each of the other two having one lion each. If there are enough Christians left standing at the end that player wins, otherwise it goes to whichever lion eats the most...

Although the Christians don't get to fight back (their only option is to run like hell), each is assigned a holiness value, and they can pray for divine intervention at critical moments. Although not that likely to arrive, when it does some pretty funny things can happen to the lions.

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:12 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I read a review of it some time ago and it sounded like fun, so I kept an eye out for a copy.

Likewise. ;)

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty....

Enjoy! :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:41 pm 

Adam, where the heck are you from? I mostly grew up in Auburn.

John

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:48 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Here, kitty, kitty, kitty....

Hey David - I noticed you on the bidding list. I think we must read the same late-70s/early-80s gaming mags, see the same reviews, and add the same interesting looking items to our searches.

I think I got lucky this time, as you seem to win more of our contests than I do. Or maybe you saw my bid and let me have it this time?

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:00 pm 

Awesome. I grew up in Kendallville. Ya darn scurvied Baron!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:02 pm 

Ye Knave Knight!!!!!

Hahaha ... small, small world.

John

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:05 pm 

:lol:

I haven't been back there to live since I was 18. I scurried off to art school and such in Savannah Georgia. Moved up to NYC 6 years later.

When abouts were you in that area of Indiana?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:10 pm 

Hmmm..... memory test, eeck! From about '71 to '82. I moved to Phoenix then came back in '93 to go to school at Indiana University Ft. Wayne, then moved down to Bloomington to attend the main campus and have stayed here ever since.

John

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 pm 

8) very cool. I left in 88 after HS for worldly adventures in Savannah. Before that I had spent all of my tender 18 years under one roof outside of Kendallville. I sort of miss it but only because I have moved on to much different styles of living.

One thing I really miss is not changing the clocks twice a year for that daylight savings bullshit. But I heard the legislature in Indiana decided suffering jetlag twice a year is for them and shall start doing this with the rest of the country. So I guess there is nothing to go back to in Indiana.  :wink: j/k

Sorry to threadjack this here thread but this sure is a nonTSR fun find!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:20 pm 

We are a bit off topic. It is nice to see another Hoosier (even one from K'ville) on the thread. For me, Indiana will always be home. I hope I can stay here with my wife and raise a little Demoness with her in this wonderful state. The daylight savings thing is still up in the air though so don't count those chickens yet.....

John

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:29 pm 

I heard they can't decide whether to adopt Eastern or Central. Maybe just leaving the clocks alone wasn't such a bad idea.....

All my family is there so I suppose it will always be considered home in a way. I have been away nearly another 18 years so the scenary has certainly changed. How time flies.  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:36 pm 

Yes, time does fly. I think right now some counties want to stay the way we are and others want to change to eastern time. I like not having to worry about changing the damned clock. I just have to remember that TV shows are on an hour later. I still have family and friends up in the northeast part of the state. I remember how I would have to go to Ft. Wayne to get my D&D stuff since there were no gaming shops in Auburn or the immedaite vicinity when I was a much younger man. Well Adam, I had better get some work done. It is a pleasure to meet another Hoosier!  We can talk more another time. I will post the pics and description of The Supplement by David Griffith tomorrow night (if I get off work early enough).

John

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:44 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Hey David - I noticed you on the bidding list. I think we must read the same late-70s/early-80s gaming mags, see the same reviews, and add the same interesting looking items to our searches.

Yeah, there does seem to be a trend, there. :P
Will probably have to run out of money to put an end to that...

mdr003 wrote:I think I got lucky this time, as you seem to win more of our contests than I do. Or maybe you saw my bid and let me have it this time?

Oh, I doubt that, Mike! :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 114123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 112113114