The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 114123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:34 pm 

Prufrock wrote:What do you all think of the price I paid for this Lot.  I thought it really good but I do not follow the Goodman games pricing.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Martin

Nice win Martin :)  Just about where I would imagine that lot would settle.  Plus you have the added bonus of being able to look inside the Gazetteer 35.  (My copy is still wrapped lovingly in shrink ;) )

I guess I will just have to keep searching for a deshrinked copy.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm 

Plaag wrote:May have to check back in some emails? or messages? cause I'm lost as to this.

Bagged by JG but pre-sticker, yellow reply card, perhaps a year and a bit back?
Ah... can dig it out again anyhow if needs-be and good to have /something/ for further updates, I guess? :)

Cheers,
d.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:34 pm 

Not an RPG item (though slightyl CoC)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:35 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Not an RPG item (though slightyl CoC)

Neat 'zine, Jason; and bonus points for the Bok connection. No free doodle on the inside, I guess? ;)

IMHO cataloging a Lovecraft collection wouldn't be anything like so much fun without such marginalia. Besides, the price tags on many/most of the key items make the hunt around the edges both fun and /relatively/ economical.
Favorite such item here in that domain is the (presumed) last photograph taken of Sonia Lovecraft in 1970, inscribed on the back in her own hand. The slight fading on the Polaroid actually enhances that IMHO and now neatly tucked into one of the 1Es as an unexpected "ghost" for anyone flicking through...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:11 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:Not an RPG item (though slightyl CoC)

Very, very interesting, Jason.  8O

Someone enlighten me about Hannes Bok...?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:24 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Very, very interesting, Jason.  8O

Someone enlighten me about Hannes Bok...?

Hannes Bok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was a late pulp era illustrator and writer.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Hannes Bok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was a late pulp era illustrator and writer.

Does the date on your new zine square with Bok's 1964 demise?

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Does the date on your new zine square with Bok's 1964 demise?

More than. It is a 1948 zine.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
More than. It is a 1948 zine.

Then on review I see that you made quite the purchase indeed.  8O

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:15 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Then on review I see that you made quite the purchase indeed.  8O

Yeah, I think it was an amazing find. It was hard tracking down info on this zine and the Hannes Bok connection is astounding, though I have no provenance for it yet. I need to see if this was something he did with other items he owned.

But just this 61 year old Lovecraft zine is very cool to own.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:07 am 

Saw some folks playing Talisman at the NTRPG Convention.
Thought it looked interesting, talked to a couple of folks about it and was told the Second Edition was the one to get for playing.
Almost bought what I thought was a very expensive copy at a Game Store recently, but held off as it seemed to be SOOO expensive to me....

Glad I held off....

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0167644474

It came in today and it was MUCH cheaper than the one I saw at the game store (Even with shipping).

It looks like there is enough stuff in the box to play the game.
The seller listed a bunch of things, but by sellers count some cards were missing and other cards seemed to be extras (When compared to the box bottom where the list is).

BUT:........
Seller listed 102 Adventure cards (should be 104 per box).
Seller listed one extra Purchase Card and they were in a seperate baggie from the Adv Cards (one of them was actually one of the missing Adv Cards) and one extra Talisman card.... (one was the other missing Adv Card).
The cards are the same size, so I can see how they might get mixed up...
The set is (I think) pretty much complete....according to the list on the bottom of the box.
A few Adventure cards look to have been used for a dogs chew toy, but they are still there....

....thirty-nine Strength counters, thirty-nine Craft counters, twenty Life counters, and forty Gold counters.

Dont know how many of those items should be there as the box does not even mention them, but if a couple are missing... does it even matter?
They seem to be much less imporant than the other card types are.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:03 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Dont know how many of those items should be there as the box does not even mention them, but if a couple are missing... does it even matter?

No idea about whether you'll miss hypothetical absent bits, but there are component lists to be found on the much-maligned BoardgameGeek here and here.

Shanghai fun & friends!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:41 am 

stumbling tiger wrote:
No idea about whether you'll miss hypothetical absent bits, but there are component lists to be found on the much-maligned BoardgameGeek here and here.

Yes was planning to search that site today sometime.

Thanks, for the two links. That second one is truly complete down to the last detail for pieces.

But  Umnn... Why did you say the much-maligned BoardgameGeek?
I have noticed nothing but praise here for that site, which I would agree with.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Saw some folks playing Talisman at the NTRPG Convention.
Thought it looked interesting, talked to a couple of folks about it and was told the Second Edition was the one to get for playing.
Almost bought what I thought was a very expensive copy at a Game Store recently, but held off as it seemed to be SOOO expensive to me....

From what I have seen, the core game usually isn't that expensive unless it is a mint copy.  The expansions are what usually rake in the high prices.  Blackmoor can probably tell you which ones are most sought after and the rarest.

If you do a search on Ebay you will also notice that several third edition copies have sold for much higher than the second edition.  Why that is I don't know.

I picked up the revised 4th edition game and expansions at Gen X comics during NTRPG con and I think they were well worth the expense.  Fantasy Flight really did a nice job with it.

Gnat the Beggar wrote:But Umnn... Why did you say the much-maligned BoardgameGeek?
I have noticed nothing but praise here for that site, which I would agree with.

You should probably read this thread:  boardgamegeek moving into RPGs

I myself dont frequent BGG's forums so I dont ever read any of the apparently looney stuff that goes on over there.  I like the site just fine....although it is sometimes difficult to find things and can be ridiculously slow at times.  Too many pictures of unnecessary stuff.  They should just show pictures of the games themselves and not allow just anyone to post their own pictures.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:37 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Saw some folks playing Talisman at the NTRPG Convention.

Glad I held off....

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0167644474

It came in today and it was MUCH cheaper than the one I saw at the game store (Even with shipping).

It looks like there is enough stuff in the box to play the game.
The seller listed a bunch of things, but by sellers count some cards were missing and other cards seemed to be extras (When compared to the box bottom where the list is).

BUT:........
Seller listed 102 Adventure cards (should be 104 per box).
Seller listed one extra Purchase Card and they were in a seperate baggie from the Adv Cards (one of them was actually one of the missing Adv Cards) and one extra Talisman card.... (one was the other missing Adv Card).
The cards are the same size, so I can see how they might get mixed up...
The set is (I think) pretty much complete....according to the list on the bottom of the box.
A few Adventure cards look to have been used for a dogs chew toy, but they are still there....

Dont know how many of those items should be there as the box does not even mention them, but if a couple are missing... does it even matter?
They seem to be much less imporant than the other card types are.

Nice Steal   :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:03 am 

I am very happy to finally grab a copy of Ironworld / Ironhedge boxed set!

with Starhedge supplement included. And with all dice and unused pencil included!
It is only the 2nd time that I saw one for sale. More than HTF.

A previous post on Acaeum about Ironhedge

about8034.html

And a question for Mark:
You stated 1990 for Ironhedge manifesto rulebook. Is your copy a later print? Since my two rulebook stated 1989.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:14 am 

lokiwookie wrote:And a question for Mark:
You stated 1990 for Ironhedge manifesto rulebook. Is your copy a later print? Since my two rulebook stated 1989.

Nice find.  I recently traded for the same boxed set but my copy is still in shrink so its good to see the contents of an open set :)

I will have to check the copyright date on the individual book though.  I bought the 4 books of the hedge series but only opened the Starhedge one I think and it was 1990 so I guessed that all of them were the same.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:05 pm 

Mars wrote:
Nice find.  I recently traded for the same boxed set but my copy is still in shrink so its good to see the contents of an open set :)

I will have to check the copyright date on the individual book though.  I bought the 4 books of the hedge series but only opened the Starhedge one I think and it was 1990 so I guessed that all of them were the same.

Looks like the one I have too...though I never got the dice or pencil :(

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 114123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 112113114