The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 114123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:19 am 

Prufrock wrote:I will now stake-out Gnat the Beggar's mailbox and get them for free. :twisted:

Martin

That would require going to a secret location in Texas in July.

What you'll find in the mailbox will be melted cheese somewhat in the faded shape of magazines.

I haven't been to Texas since I was three, but I've watched a lot of episodes of Cops.

Apparently, it's so hot in Texas that the local neighborhood association has a rule requiring every male to be drunk and shirtless as soon as they get home from work.  (I presume that the same rule applies to females, but the Cops people blurred them out...?)  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm 

A nice little Wizard's Aide arrived -- nothing spectacular in it, but I do think the last few pages are kinda neat, regarding the random name generation based on sound... hehe. Glad I did not pay much for this book.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 pm 

I sure do like coming home to a stack of boxes on my doorstep...almost as much fun as Christmas.  :)   I definitely have some reading time set aside for this weekend.  I'll probably dive into this first:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Then I'll spend some time reading through some stuff I picked up from Brave Halfling Publishing.  I ordered Obregon's Dishonor and The Ruins of Ramat a few weeks ago but my order got delayed.  When I contacted them about it they were really cool about it and sent me two extra adventure modules (including their brand new C&C module, The Secret of Ronan Skerry) as a nice gesture.  I've already read a couple of their other publications and it is pretty good stuff.

And the last thing that was delivered was this:

I paid way too damn much for it IMO but I have waited long enough to pick one up.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:00 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I sure do like coming home to a stack of boxes on my doorstep...almost as much fun as Christmas.  :)   I definitely have some reading time set aside for this weekend.  I'll probably dive into this first:

Then I'll spend some time reading through some stuff I picked up from Brave Halfling Publishing.  I ordered Obregon's Dishonor and The Ruins of Ramat a few weeks ago but my order got delayed.  When I contacted them about it they were really cool about it and sent me two extra adventure modules (including their brand new C&C module, The Secret of Ronan Skerry) as a nice gesture.  I've already read a couple of their other publications and it is pretty good stuff.

I paid way too damn much for it IMO but I have waited long enough to pick one up.  :D

Oooo!  You did have a lot of joy on your doorstep.  Congrats! :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:45 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Nice pickup, King!  :D

I've been looking for a really good copy of the Gamma World set for quite some time.  One day.  One day. ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:22 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:
Nice pickup, King!  :D

I've been looking for a really good copy of the Gamma World set for quite some time.  One day.  One day. ;)

yeah nice one john, quality purchase that. i really like the gamma world stuff too.

nice!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 am 

What do you all think of the price I paid for this Lot.  I thought it really good but I do not follow the Goodman games pricing.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 am 

The gazetteer boxed set has been going for that much by itself lately so I'd say that was a good purchase.  The individual modules are anyones guess though (as ebay has been flooded with them lately).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:28 am 

Prufrock wrote:What do you all think of the price I paid for this Lot.  I thought it really good but I do not follow the Goodman games pricing.

Martin

I think it is a very good price for that lot.
Yes, the market had been flooded with DCC modules, but until recently, the Gazetteer would sell for close to that alone.
I had written the seller and he confirmed the set was opened but complete, listing the contents for me, so I was one of the bidders on that lot too.
Even though I have a few of them already, I would have been happy to get another set for around $50-$60 or a little more perhaps...

There was one seller that had about 8-10 of the Gazetteers and she listed them one right after the other, so that there was a 2-3 month period where there were at least a couple of them on E-Bay at all times.
And near the end of her listings they were selling really cheaply.
($53 for her last one IIRC to JohnGaunt).
She now has an incomplete set listed and has no more complete sets.

I think the prices will slowly go back up again now that she has sold all of her complete sets.
Until she started her listings, they were going for $100-120 and higher....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:05 am 

I recently won an E-Bay auction for Wilderlands of the Magic Realm with the four maps for a total of $22 (Free Shipping).

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... tsupported

(IMO) I was lucky the seller listed the title quite badly; this was the title of the listing....  8)
ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS AD&D TSR VENTAGE

It is a third print and missing the color cover, but I think I got it for a very good price.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:02 pm 

Good price for what it is, but Magic Realms was published in two parts, two books with eight maps. You're half way there with that one, and for only $22. Nice win, but look out for it's sibling.
http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0092.html
You have Installment W. Installment V is the white/blue book and completes the set. They are the hardest of the Wilderlands sets to find in my experience, probably because they're just full of sea and islands and they didn't sell as well as the others. Who knows.
For play, the Necromancer Wilderlands Boxed Set is a very faithful reproduction of the entire set, right down the the same descriptions for the same map references. Well worth buying if you're gonna play in this setting. And I'd recomments Necromancer's CSIO also (it includes Wraith Overlord) Or pick up the PDF when it's on sale at RPGNow.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:11 pm 

. wrote:Good price for what it is, but Magic Realms was published in two parts, two books with eight maps. You're half way there with that one, and for only $22. Nice win, but look out for it's sibling.

According to the JG listings on the Acaeum SubWeb; The page you linked to.
Only the First Prints of Magic Realm came with two 16 Page Books (and 4 maps).
The Second and Third Prints had one 48 Page Book and 4 maps.
Third Prints also had a color cover sheet, which is the only item missing from the lot I bought.

Item Code:  92
Title:  Wilderlands of the Magic Realm
Type:  Campaign Setting
System:  Dungeons & Dragons
Author(s):  Bob Bledsaw, Mark Holmer
Date Published:  1979
Format (1st Printing) Installment V:  16-page book, 17" x 22" map
Format (1st Printing) Installment W:  16-page book, 17" x 22" map
Format (2nd Printing):  48-page book, 4 17" x 22" maps
Format (3rd Printing):  48-page book, 4 17" x 22" maps, cover sheet
Original Price:  $8.50

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:22 pm 

Ah. Hmm.  :?
Now gotta get me one of them too.  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:07 pm 

Just be glad no new printings have been discovered recently :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:21 pm 

Plaag wrote:Just be glad no new printings have been discovered recently :wink:

Not of WotMR, anyhow, Shane, and running out of "odds and ends" around the edges, even. :?
(Hmm... yellow card CSIO (#12) never made it on?)

Thanks,
David.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:28 pm 

Plaag wrote:Just be glad no new printings have been discovered recently :wink:

ShaneG.

No. Just me being ignorant.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:14 pm 

. wrote:Good price for what it is, but Magic Realms was published in two parts, two books with eight maps. You're half way there with that one, and for only $22. Nice win, but look out for it's sibling.
http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0092.html
You have Installment W. Installment V is the white/blue book and completes the set. They are the hardest of the Wilderlands sets to find in my experience, probably because they're just full of sea and islands and they didn't sell as well as the others. Who knows.
For play, the Necromancer Wilderlands Boxed Set is a very faithful reproduction of the entire set, right down the the same descriptions for the same map references. Well worth buying if you're gonna play in this setting. And I'd recomments Necromancer's CSIO also (it includes Wraith Overlord) Or pick up the PDF when it's on sale at RPGNow.

yay guess what i found last night when i was looking for a map i put down and forgot where i put it.... *points above*

:)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 pm 

faro wrote:Not of WotMR, anyhow, Shane, and running out of "odds and ends" around the edges, even. :?
(Hmm... yellow card CSIO (#12) never made it on?)

Thanks,
David.

May have to check back in some emails? or messages? cause I'm lost as to this.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 114123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 112113114