The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 114123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 am 

serleran wrote:<White Dwarf list>

Serl, Castle Perilous in SW Illinois has some of those White Dwarf issues.  I'd pick them up, but I was just there yesterday and won't be back for another few months.

I did find these two gems at Castle Perilous:

The $15 PotVQ has some writing in pen and pencil.  The $10 MMMG is clean.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:27 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Serl, Castle Perilous in SW Illinois has some of those White Dwarf issues.  I'd pick them up, but I was just there yesterday and won't be back for another few months.

I did find these two gems at Castle Perilous:

[ Image ]

The $15 PotVQ has some writing in pen and pencil.  The $10 MMMG is clean.

Alright now this is just unnecessary bragging.  :P   Get a life you half-orc lovin', shitty dice rolling, can't hit the broad side of a barn with a bazooka poophead.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Alright now this is just unnecessary bragging.  :P   Get a life you half-orc lovin', shitty dice rolling, can't hit the broad side of a barn with a bazooka poophead.  :wink:

Mow lawn or drive to a gamestore . . . mow lawn or read the Acaeum . . . no hard choices there.

Since AD&D has no fumbles/critical failures, a "1" is just another miss, no matter how many I consecutively roll.  So there!  :P  And I have not rolled a "1" since I moved.  OK, so I haven't rolled any dice in the past month.

Castle Perilous is hard to find, in a small town, and has no parking.  Stay away from it (until I have picked it clean).

Seriously, Castle Perilous is a great place for current, OOP, and collectible RPGs and minis.  Its nearest competitor is probably in St. Louis (60 - 90 miles) or Chicago (300 miles).   Its used-book shelves are about 90% organized instead of 100% disorganized like most bookstores.  It also has some goofy items like the Moons expansion for the Eon version of Cosmic Encounter.

Time to mow the lawn . . .

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:51 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Alright now this is just unnecessary bragging.  :P   Get a life you half-orc lovin', shitty dice rolling, can't hit the broad side of a barn with a bazooka poophead.  :wink:

I'm going to call up that store and demand they don't sell anymore of their old products.  Went to their site and they have common shit for some high prices, but damn these deals.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:23 pm 

Plaag wrote:I'm going to call up that store and demand they don't sell anymore of their old products.  Went to their site and they have common shit for some high prices, but damn these deals.

Yes, Castle Perilous has common used items.  Some of the prices are high, but most are reasonable.  The prices were good to high-average.  They have some Judges Guild items but no more than half-a-dozen.  Wait, they had some of the old JG newspapers for $20 apiece.

The unusual stuff is why I was in the store for two hours.  The store shelves are organized, but I kept finding interesting stuff --- D&D is a pretty large and generic label and covers 30 years of material.

The owner looks for used items to restock that section of his store, so most of the old stock isn't dusty crap.  Most of Castle Perilous is new CCGs, RPGs, minis, and boardgames.

OTOH, I visited a store in the general area that had old stock wrapped in Saran Wrap (both clear and pink).  Unearthed Arcana with a binding of duct tape = $80. All of its RPG stuff was a mishmash of junk.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:45 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The $10 MMMG is clean.

This one is harder to find but the 3 or 4 times I have seen it sell on Ebay have been around $40-$50.  Check out NK's price on it though - I think last time I checked they wanted $395  8O

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm 

There its ... found the link:

nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp ... GenreID_E_

I don't think any of the others mentioned inside were produced.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:58 pm 

Mars wrote:There its ... found the link:

nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp ... GenreID_E_

Is that a "normal" Noble Knight item obtained from a "normal" collector, or is it a TFM/Kynan/whoever item being sold through Noble Knight?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:02 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Is that a "normal" Noble Knight item obtained from a "normal" collector, or is it a TFM/Kynan/whoever item being sold through Noble Knight?

My guess is that it is not Kynan's copy - although he did list one on the Tome of Treasures:

Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Monsters!  Monsters!  Monsters! Galore!

so he does have one.

I would guess that NK would mentioned the price tag on the cover.  I think it is one of the items that NK has labeled as rare and bloated the price like a fat goat (I'm say that a little too often these days).  They have a few other small press items that I think are priced very high.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 am 

Good to actually see a cover for Monsters Galore. Sweet deals. I'd have snagged those, too, had I been there.

Oh, and if you were interested in selling them, let me know please. :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 am 

Well, its not a big deal to you guys, but I have missed this game since I first played a friend's copy so very long ago... I finally hunted down Tales from the Floating Vagabond and bought three sealed copies. One to rip open and play, the other to store away, and the last... well, I dunno. Maybe trade it. But, at $10 each with free shipping, I figured why the hell not.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 am 

IIRC I sold one of those Monsters Galore green copies to Lance a while back. Up until now, it was the only copy I had seen. $395 is dry anal rape, though....

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:36 am 

Whale Tagger wrote:IIRC I sold one of those Monsters Galore green copies to Lance a while back. Up until now, it was the only copy I had seen. $395 is dry anal rape, though....

Umnnn... anyone want a copy?

I have a copy of that green booklet that I bought from an E-Bay auction about 4-5 years ago.

How do they come up with the numbers that they use for pricing?
Where and How the hell does $395 come into play?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:How do they come up with the numbers that they use for pricing?
Where and How the hell does $395 come into play?

I really have no idea.  The two that stick out in my mind are:

* Monsters! Monsters! Monsters! Galore! at $395

and

* Exploiting Space by Gryphonn Graphics at $250

Coincidentally, I have a couple extra copies of Exploiting Space.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 am 

I have a copy of that green booklet that I bought from an E-Bay auction about 4-5 years ago.

Yes, please. Depending on price, though. Not paying anywhere near $400 for it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:46 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:

Yep, but not $390, either. :lol:

Mark's $40-50 observation is low side since I don't recall any copy ever being advertised here. $75+ is closer to the mark, I'd've thought, if that was flagged in advance.

Mars wrote:Coincidentally, I have a couple extra copies of Exploiting Space.

Thought those were all gone. Second batch?
(Yeah, NKG had that priced at $100 or $150 IIRC and helped to "encourage" a purchase by increasing his ask to $250. Nice trick...).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm 

A couple have been a couple mentioned here if not advertised:

Re: Monsters! Monsters! Monsters! Galore!

I believe I ended up buying the one from Alexander1968 and maybe Aneoth picked up the one from BadMike.  I'm pretty sure I paid $40 but don't remember what BadMike was charging.

For Exploiting Space, yes I've managed to find a second batch - it really helps that this was created about 40 km away from where I live.  As a variation, one copy has the colour of the alien's jacket as more bluish than green :)  I will add them to the Tome soon.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm 

Mars wrote:I believe I ended up buying the one from Alexander1968 and maybe Aneoth picked up the one from BadMike.  I'm pretty sure I paid $40 but don't remember what BadMike was charging.

Not sure what I was doing on the 4th October 2006, but I'd guess Mike wasn't asking too much for that copy. Missed totally, I'd guess.
Thanks for the link.

Mars wrote:For Exploiting Space, yes I've managed to find a second batch - it really helps that this was created about 40 km away from where I live.  As a variation, one copy has the colour of the alien's jacket as more bluish than green :)  I will add them to the Tome soon.

Ran out of coloring crayon and had to pick the next nearest color? *jk*
Sweet... :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 114123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 112113114