The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 114123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 am 

serleran wrote:Sweet mother of all that is awesome about my wife... she agreed to let me buy item this on eBay. I might've gotten it for less with a lot of looking and waiting... but, damnit, I have been looking and waiting, and the boxes rarely come up (as part of the purchase) so, I am very happy. Yay!

Is my 2nd Printing Talisman (with all the expansions) really worth that much????    :o

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:51 pm 

Sell it and see.

But, really, I bought this set for a couple of reasons:

Everything is there, including the boxes, and the condition is very good, some not even played. There was no shipping charge, which for this particular item being an international order, saves me. It likely should have sold for around $500-$600... (Dragons alone tend to do about half that, from the auctions I have watched). But, I got impatient and decided it was basically now or never... and grabbed them. If it had been more expensive (like the other lot for $1k), I'd have passed.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:47 pm 

nice.. all the boxed sets make this worth it.. think all you need is the extra characters out or White Dwarf? ...

I don't have anyone to play with so at some stage I'll get rid of the 3rd ed lot..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:36 pm 

Yeah, there are some White Dwarf magazines and some miniatures I need, if I wanted it to be "truly complete." I am working on the WDs, and only recently found the listing of miniatures... so, that'll be slow. Did not realize they made so many frog variants. Hehe.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm 

I heard that there were fakes of the minitures.. I don't do mini's so its only whatb I heard.. usually go for good $$ as weel I recall..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:04 am 

I finally get a copy of In The Service of Saena Sephar for High Fantasy :D

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And for a very decent price ...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:05 am 

lokiwookie wrote:I finally get a copy of In The Service of Saena Sephar for High Fantasy :D

And for a very decent price ...

"No longer available for sale" is a decent price? Better not tell Malcolm. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:30 pm 

Yes.. No bid on it. Only few hours left. The seller accept my offer :)
I would not asked if there was already a bid on it.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:53 am 

That Ptolus set that just sold for $122.00...

... was that a good purchase?

I forgot all about it...

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:55 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:That Ptolus set that just sold for $122.00...

... was that a good purchase?

I forgot all about it...

I believe retail was $119 so that seems to be a very good price depending on condition.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:43 pm 

Finally was able to snap up a copy of Sprawl Maps for Shadowrun. Freaking book has eluded me for years.

Oh, and I also got some copies of Monsters and Treasure (C&C) third print. I had asked for 3... 6 came in. Probably be putting them up as part of my stupid me sale-a-thon.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:42 pm 

serleran wrote:Finally was able to snap up a copy of Sprawl Maps for Shadowrun. Freaking book has eluded me for years.

Oh, and I also got some copies of Monsters and Treasure (C&C) third print. I had asked for 3... 6 came in. Probably be putting them up as part of my stupid me sale-a-thon.

I wouldn't mind one of those newer printing M&Ts if the price is right.  Hearing good things about its look/layout.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:03 pm 

Thanks to a thread here, I found out about an Infernax that was on eBay. Managed to win it, despite some sniping at the end, as expected, so that made my year so far. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

(And, sorry if I beat any of you guys out., but at least I won;t be bidding on the next one...)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:26 pm 

serleran wrote:Thanks to a thread here, I found out about an Infernax that was on eBay. Managed to win it, despite some sniping at the end, as expected, so that made my year so far. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

(And, sorry if I beat any of you guys out., but at least I won;t be bidding on the next one...)

New rule.  Only post common crap from now on.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:37 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
New rule.  Only post common crap from now on.  :P

That's a new rule?  :twisted:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:33 pm 

I picked this "Fantasy Figure Fight" up, thanks to a tip from a friend.

The same guy (Dean Houdeshel) put out "Space Race" from his Fantasy Unlimited Company.  I had not heard of this one before.  Anyone know anything about it?  Will I hate myself in the morning?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 pm 

I think it was a good buy.  I know a little bit about it :)  I have talked with Dean a few times and am selling a few things on his behalf as well.  I have a complete list of Fantasy Unlimited listed on the Tome of Treasures:

Tome of Treasures :: View Forum - Fantasy Unlimited

Fantasy Figure Fight is a set of rules for combat between miniature armies (not really a roleplaying item).  The whole thing was going to be set up as a "club" so after you win a battle you would send in the result to the author and after so many wins, you would move up in "rank" in the club.  As you move up in rank, he would send you a medal to show your rank.  So that way, when you walk around a conference, you can easily identify others that are the same rank as you and battle them, etc.

I still have a couple copies of the Space Race (and the expansion) and the other published Dungeons & Dragons books:  American Indian & Mountain Ram Tribe.  Soon some of the others that were written back then but not published will be available as well.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:25 pm 

Mars wrote:I have a complete list of Fantasy Unlimited listed on the Tome of Treasures.

Loved the pics of the medals!  Thanks for the info.  I love this place. :D

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 114123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 112113114