The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 114123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Sometimes you just get damn lucky! I was in a local HPB store and spotted a couple of Goodman Games DCCs and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be crazy to find a copy of #3.5?!" And whaddaya know, there is was!! It wasn't a version that was signed by Dave Arneson, but I'm not complaining. It was a little beat up, but still a solid copy. With my 15% off coupon, I paid a whopping $4.24.

Holy crap....that is one hell of a find.  Congrats.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:41 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Sometimes you just get damn lucky! I was in a local HPB store and spotted a couple of Goodman Games DCCs and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be crazy to find a copy of #3.5?!" And whaddaya know, there is was!! It wasn't a version that was signed by Dave Arneson, but I'm not complaining. It was a little beat up, but still a solid copy. With my 15% off coupon, I paid a whopping $4.24.

All I can say is .... WOW  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations. That is an amazing find!!!

I'll give you $10 for it. ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 am 

serleran wrote:Here is what I just bought. Fairly common, really, but I so love the game. Oh, and I did not expect to get the best offer -- I made one, and told the guy to wait until the auction ended, and only accept if no one had bid, but, OK -- I'll gladly take 50% off. Even comes with that big black box for D&D.

How does HeroQuest play?  I've seen it before, but never played it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:48 pm 

Its a very simple game. You roll 2d6 for movement against a fixed board (think Clue) that can change based on the adventure (ie, hallways might be blocked off and the contents change) and then you fight stuff, win, or die. Combat is very easy -- you roll a number of dice equal to your attack and each of a certain symbol counts as a wound -- the monster then rolls its defense and each of a different symbol nullifies one of your hits; what's left over from your attack is taken from the monster's HP (wounds.) Process reverses when they attack you. There are spells (one use each per board) and magic items to find, and a book of quests (and added quests with the expansions) to play through that get progressively harder due to you retaining what you earned from before -- there are some major differences between the UK and US version as well. Its very simplistic and extremely easy to add to -- we used to have rules for playing monsters, new classes, races, equipment, quests, spells, and everything -- its like a micro RPG, in some ways.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:
All I can say is .... WOW  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations. That is an amazing find!!!

I'll give you $10 for it. ;)

Ha! Yooouuu funny!!!  :wink:  :lol:

I just about fell over when I saw it!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:06 pm 

serleran wrote:Well, I got the big bunch of Shadowrun stuff I'd bought. Disappointed it did not contain Ka Ge 1-4 (the seller was unaware that Issue 11 was misprinted as Issue 2; its obvious, really, the cover is all glossy whereas early issues are paper-like) but it did have Ka Ge 0 which is the hardest to find, in my experience trying so that soothed me over some. Have a lot of duplicates now, so if anyone is ever interested in Shadowrun... ;)

Serleran.... If you still have any of these duplicates, I'd be interested in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:43 pm 

Sent you a PM Sykoholic -- same Syk as on NG I presume?

Oh, and this weekend I went and bought a bunch of stuff since I was told it was OK...

Lore of the Crypts Volume 2 - 5 (missing the first one)

Journeys Magazine #1, 3-6 (missing the 2nd one)

The Enemy Within 1st printing

30 Sided Character and Other Tales (its interesting to me)

The Talisman Dungeon (it was even in the box!)

some Toon books and from Dragonsfoot, a couple neat Call of Cthulhu items (1st edition box and anniversary print.)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 am 

Thought I got a good price on this.  I have seen them go for over a $100 in the past.  Conditions is not the best but not too bad.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am 

Congradulations! You bagged yourself a bargain.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 am 

No kidding.  I wondered how in the world my search missed that.  Then I noticed that it was listed in Books, not Games.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:51 am 

Nice!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm 

good price martin all mayfairs lower recent but still $75+ should be. still best save fun finds until sent in case of grief so hope were quick!! ;) ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:41 pm 

Great score, Prufrock :)  Very nice indeed!

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 am 

Hey Guys,

On the same day as scoring the Beastmaker Mountain I found a Kobold Hall on Amazon.  It is minus the red cover but I only paid $40 for it as well.  Number 476.  Wish it had the cover but I'm still happy.

I see your point Rakeesh.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:32 am 

serleran wrote:Its a very simple game. You roll 2d6 for movement against a fixed board (think Clue) that can change based on the adventure (ie, hallways might be blocked off and the contents change) and then you fight stuff, win, or die. Combat is very easy -- you roll a number of dice equal to your attack and each of a certain symbol counts as a wound -- the monster then rolls its defense and each of a different symbol nullifies one of your hits; what's left over from your attack is taken from the monster's HP (wounds.) Process reverses when they attack you. There are spells (one use each per board) and magic items to find, and a book of quests (and added quests with the expansions) to play through that get progressively harder due to you retaining what you earned from before -- there are some major differences between the UK and US version as well. Its very simplistic and extremely easy to add to -- we used to have rules for playing monsters, new classes, races, equipment, quests, spells, and everything -- its like a micro RPG, in some ways.

If you have a young child, this is one of the BEST games you can play. I have all the US and UK expansions, and my son absolutely loves it!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 pm 

Hey Guys,

Got the Beastmaker Mountain in the mail today.  It's in better shape than the photo in the auction represents.  The photo was taken with the mod in a plastic sleeve and so it kind of looked beat up.  Except for some corner damage it is in Fine condition.

Have not gotten the Kobold Hall yet.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 am 

Prufrock wrote:Hey Guys,

Got the Beastmaker Mountain in the mail today.  It's in better shape than the photo in the auction represents.  The photo was taken with the mod in a plastic sleeve and so it kind of looked beat up.  Except for some corner damage it is in Fine condition.

Have not gotten the Kobold Hall yet.

Martin

Very nice, maybe you could run one at gencon :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 am 

Sorry Blackmoor I have never DMed in my life.  It would be a
cluster%$&#!!!!

Martin

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 114123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 112113114