The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1141234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:35 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:good one david....sure thats a real treasure to add to your "smaug" sized horde :D

Yeah, now if only we could find it and loot it...

If you are planning on storming the White Box Castle, I'm in. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:06 pm 

Heh, heh... I couldn't be bothered, Mike... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5242120839

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:48 pm 

I was really after two other items from the seller and decided to add "Cities" into the mix.

I got this one-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

But, my snipe didn't go through here :evil: . It probably got jammed up with other shooters :lol: . Most likely an incomplete set, or possibly the second print set that has fewer cards? I've never held or counted a "street addressed" set of Tac's, so I was just shooting in the dark anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

David, I believe you have a 2nd print set (iirc). If so...how many cards are there?

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:52 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:

But, my snipe didn't go through here :evil: . It probably got jammed up with other shooters :lol: . Most likely an incomplete set, or possibly the second print set that has fewer cards? I've never held or counted a "street addressed" set of Tac's, so I was just shooting in the dark anyway.

David, I believe you have a 2nd print set (iirc). If so...how many cards are there?

yeah my bid didnt go on for some reason too - i put it on with 15 seconds to go and ebay decided to do one of them "oh i will take my time to update" moments and it came up with "auction has ended".

my bid was $90 :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:03 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I was really after two other items from the seller and decided to add "Cities" into the mix.

I got this one-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Ve ... RK:MEWN:IT

Like I said, couldn't be bothered, Mike. :D

(Although that was- and still is- on my "wish list", too).

The seller was being a bit of a pain, including being rather unhelpful in response to my questions on that incomplete set of Tac Cards.

(I eventually deduced there wasn't a cover card from their half-answers and silences).

Their loss $-wise... :)

invincibleoverlord wrote:David, I believe you have a 2nd print set (iirc). If so...how many cards are there?

Same number as there were when Ian opened the pack. Will try to find the post...

(I understood they'd likely be 3rd print, given the JG addy).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:08 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:

I believe there were 140 cards in that deck.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:10 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:David, I believe you have a 2nd print set (iirc). If so...how many cards are there?

yep;

Judges Guild Questions • Page 5 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

=

killjoy32 wrote:yeah my bid didnt go on for some reason too - i put it on with 15 seconds to go and ebay decided to do one of them "oh i will take my time to update" moments and it came up with "auction has ended".

my bid was $90 :)

Meh... That's still rather sucky, Al. :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:55 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Meh... That's still rather sucky, Al. :?

*shrugs* was incomplete anyway so wasnt really that arsed in the end.

besides less money spent, more for gencon next year :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:37 pm 

Presterjor often has some pretty interesting stuff - I've bought from him a few times before and he's always been prompt, courteous and professional - so I'm not sure why he wasn't forthcoming with your emails David.

In his last batch of auctions I really wanted this game:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5241014433

An unpuched copy of Troy, by Chaosium. The damn thing ended at 04:01 local time so I plugged in a decent bid before I went to bed - I should have set the alarm though and sniped, as I got nibbled to a painful loss.

It was that kind of week last week - there was another game I wanted, called Ant Wars - designed by Jason McAllister (co-designer of Titan) -

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5238885631

This time I did snipe, but the other guy wanted it more. The last auction he won was for a Gorgonstar Titan, at $694.

Perhaps this week willl bring more reward.

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:22 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Presterjor often has some pretty interesting stuff - I've bought from him a few times before and he's always been prompt, courteous and professional - so I'm not sure why he wasn't forthcoming with your emails David.

Thank you for the recommendation, Mike. Maybe next time.

He was giving me the impression of deliberately dodging my questions re. those Tac Cards (especially regarding the presence/absence of the cover card).

Sufficiently so for me not to bother with several other items, anyhow.

*shrugs*

Lots of other interesting stuff you're chasing there, btw. Keep hunting! :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:19 pm 

Shall do - BTW I emailed Second Chance Games about that other matter and asked for a combined price on about five of their games. That was a week ago and I received no reply, which is a bit disappointing. I was enquiring on about 300 pounds worth of stuff, so you'd think they would at least reply with some info. Thanks for the link though.

Regards

Mike

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:00 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:But, my snipe didn't go through here :evil: . It probably got jammed up with other shooters :lol: . Most likely an incomplete set, or possibly the second print set that has fewer cards? I've never held or counted a "street addressed" set of Tac's, so I was just shooting in the dark anyway.

Wow, thats the auction I won.

Course it was for research, so no one feel bad about not having a chance to get it :?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:11 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Wow, thats the auction I won.

Course it was for research, so no one feel bad about not having a chance to get it :?

ShaneG.

yeah good job my bid didnt land on that one :)

looked interesting as well.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:04 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Shall do - BTW I emailed Second Chance Games about that other matter and asked for a combined price on about five of their games. That was a week ago and I received no reply, which is a bit disappointing. I was enquiring on about 300 pounds worth of stuff, so you'd think they would at least reply with some info. Thanks for the link though.

Hrrr... Disappointing, given the size of potential order and how long they've been in business for. :(

Wouldn't have taken long to post a "sorry, we don't usually discount" response to you.

Hopefully you'll find that one key item elsewhere (and for a sensible price), Mike.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

Yeah, now if only we could find it and loot it...

If you are planning on storming the White Box Castle, I'm in. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Belated thanks for those comments on Frank's "Booty and the Beasts". :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5242618996

Looks like my bidding strategy worked perfectly (somewhat unexpectedly).

That second signature is a bonus, IMO, and I'm certainly looking forward to reading through that volume alongside The Necromican.

=

I had another "fun find" on an auction that finished precisely four seconds before the Booty. :o

Superhero 2044(!): nice copy in the UK at under $12;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5240666876

Think I've bid on most copies in the past few years (not exactly that many). Remember well seeing it on the shelves, but was never quite tempted to part with my limited cash reserves at the time...

=

p.s. re. "White Box Castle"... :P

Hey! It's not my fault the 4th(-) was incorrectly listed here and I had to stock up on sets to find out what was really going on. ;)

Only to find out the 4ths are relatively boring... :( (rare, but boring).

Then I had to stock up on OCEs for further research on those. Alas, prices now edging back too high for me again.

Never really got around to 5ths, partly because those were selling for about the same as 4ths.

It's really only a small castle, Brian... :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:27 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

Hey! It's not my fault the 4th(-) was incorrectly listed here and I had to stock up on sets to find out what was really going on. ;)

I think I'll be selling one of my 4ths, so maybe you can start adding a nice sun deck to that White Castle...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:36 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I think I'll be selling one of my 4ths, so maybe you can start adding a nice sun deck to that White Castle...

You know I wouldn't mind that flat sun deck, Stephen! :P

(presuming you mean that copy you were previously showing with the Chainmail...).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:42 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

I think I'll be selling one of my 4ths, so maybe you can start adding a nice sun deck to that White Castle...

Hehe...if you ever want to build another turret, you can start hunting for "5A"s... :)

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1141234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 112113114