The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 114123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:33 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I just remembered that I have a number of posters of the cover of the original Shadowrun game book.

I snagged them one or two per day from the WizKids booth at Gen Con, back in 2001. They were being given away free...a box of them having been found in the FASA warehouse as that company was going away.

Suppose they might be worth anything?

What about a signed Hackmaster poster or two from the same GenCon?

I always like the cover of the original Shadowrun book. If you find a value and decide to part with the posters let me know what you are aksing and I might take one off your hands.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:57 am 

just managed to snap up a nice little lot of Tunnels & Trolls books - £32 (postage/shipping included in that - which came to £5.40 1st class :D ) for 22 books, which were:

(all in excellent condition too and are A5 size)

Goblin Lake - Pocket Adventure 1

Abyss - Pocket Adventure 2

Circle of Ice - Pocket Adventure 3

Sewers of Oblivion - solo 13

Overkill - solo 7

Misty Wood - Solo 16

Blue Frog Tavern - Solo 15

Sword for Hire - Solo 11

Gamesmen of Kasar - Solo 17

Uncle Ugly's Underground Doom

Dargon's Dungeon - Solo 5

!Wierdworld!

Catacombs of the Bear Cult - level 1

Sea of Mystery - Solo 14

Deathtrap Equalizer Dungeon - Solo dungeon 2

Labyrinth - Solo Dungeon 3

Buffalo Castle - Solo Dungeon 1

Naked Doom

Beyond the Wall of Tears - Solo 18

Sorcerer Solitaire

Arena of Khazan - Solo Dungeon 12

Beyond the Silvered Pane

a nice little heist i reckon - am well pleased - these are for my own collection.

are any worth anything? not really up on T&T values.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:17 am 

Need to know what printings they are. In general, I don't see anything that stands out. About the only T&T stuff that sells for any kind of price (more than $10 individually) are the really early prints or "rare" items (again, low print run stuff from the very early days).

But for the price, you got a great deal. In fact, it is awesome. I don't see very many lots of T&T and I watch for them regularly.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:28 am 

Wow...I had no idea that there were even that many T&T publications in existence.  You might own them all, Alan.   :)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:49 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Wow...I had no idea that there were even that many T&T publications in existence. You might own them all, Alan.  :)

actually, no, there are quite a few more. they are pretty cool items and its an easy enough game ot play with the kids so thats great for us.

the stuff is a nice mix of prints. some first some later - not actually that bothered on rarity or value as such, as i will only offload if i have dupes etc.....just well pleased with what i got for what i paid. whichever way you look at it, it was a bargain and not that often you can get that many books in any one time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:13 am 

There are about 26 or so I believe, there has also been a new one released recently as well, written by a guy in england and printed by an Australian company from memory. The pocket adventures seem to be the hardest to get.. a good pick up...

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:28 am 

beasterbrook wrote:There are about 26 or so I believe, there has also been a new one released recently as well, written by a guy in england and printed by an Australian company from memory. The pocket adventures seem to be the hardest to get.. a good pick up...

hey brette! see you missed on them beholders too eh chummer :)

yeah them pocket adventures are great - i was really pleased with them most of all. i had a little test run of an adventure last night - amazing how much you forget in 25 years :)

we gonna play it later :)

btw if you have a list of the other supplements around the beholder fanzines (david and john were mentioning them) i would be interested in knowing what they are

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:29 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
btw if you have a list of the other supplements around the beholder fanzines (david and john were mentioning them) i would be interested in knowing what they are

Al

There are at least 3 supps, maybe 4. I have 2 & 3, they are basically just a beholder sized zine just with some adventures printed in previous normal issues....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:45 am 

beasterbrook wrote:
There are at least 3 supps, maybe 4. I have 2 & 3, they are basically just a beholder sized zine just with some adventures printed in previous normal issues....

just when you thought you were getting your head right on something, someone always throws in a curve-ball and messes it all up :D

cheers Brette.

:)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:52 am 

Anyone remember the correct name of the boardgame that first introduced the World of Glorantha?

I think it was White Bear, Red Moon, or something like that.  I know I owned a copy at some point.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:17 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Anyone remember the correct name of the boardgame that first introduced the World of Glorantha?

I think it was White Bear, Red Moon, or something like that. I know I owned a copy at some point.

Google is your friend.

White Bear & Red Moon. :)

Glorantha

I love the world Glorantha but found the RQ system was rather deadly (I think I lost numerous limbs playing "Apple Lane").

My grandmother who died this year played at least one RQ session with my brother & I when we were kids when she was about 89! :D

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:17 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Anyone remember the correct name of the boardgame that first introduced the World of Glorantha?

I think it was White Bear, Red Moon, or something like that. I know I owned a copy at some point.

404 Not Found

You are correct.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:00 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
beasterbrook wrote:

just when you thought you were getting your head right on something, someone always throws in a curve-ball and messes it all up :D

:)

*chuckles* Ain't that the usual?

Well, I managed to find one of the supplements lying around.

Should be at least one more here- not purchased "first hand"(!)- but most of my other higher-number TBHs are in that "other box", still not rediscovered since the last house move. :?

Not 110% certain on the others (I think Brette is correct), but the first 32 page "Glossary of Magic" supplement wasn't just recycled material, containing "all the magical items from "THE BEHOLDER" Issues 1 to 10 plus lots of new ideas".

I suspect they didn't sell too many (relative to the later TBH circulation figures) since I never read of any of those being reprinted.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:03 pm 

yep thats the firs sup, the one of the ones I'm missing;)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:09 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:yep thats the firs sup, the one of the ones I'm missing;)

sorry; only one copy, Brette. :(

(I couldn't really afford to buy two at 50 pence each, back in early 1980...).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:40 pm 

The only Beholder supplement I have is also Glossary of Magic.  So the other 2 or 3 were adventure compendiums?  Any new adventures not previously published?  I have a set of Beholders from 1 to 27.  Does anyone have an issue past 27?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:48 pm 

dathon wrote:The only Beholder supplement I have is also Glossary of Magic. So the other 2 or 3 were adventure compendiums? Any new adventures not previously published? I have a set of Beholders from 1 to 27. Does anyone have an issue past 27?

Aha! That's more like it... :D

No; none beyond that sort of number that I recall, I'm afraid. (And you're into A4 format with those, no? *tries to remember*).

Certainly two other adventure compendiums. If there's a third, I've not seen that.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:00 am 

Congrats on the B&B/Erol Otus win, David, and don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to unload it.   8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 114123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 112113114