The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 11412, 3 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:52 am 

Time to get this thread rolling in the Non-TSR forum.  I'll start it off with this one.  Nothing special, but a decent price for Justifiers books and they don't often come up for auction, especially in a 10 book lot.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWN:IT

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:54 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Time to get this thread rolling in the Non-TSR forum.  I'll start it off with this one.  Nothing special, but a decent price and they don't often come up for auction, especially in a 10 book lot.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWN:IT

Justifiers was one crazy game...I used to have all the rules and supplements but sold them years ago.  Did anyone here actually ever play the game?  How did it go?

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:49 am 

Badmike wrote: Justifiers was one crazy game...I used to have all the rules and supplements but sold them years ago.  Did anyone here actually ever play the game?  How did it go?
Mike B.

I have friends here that bought the game and played it for some months 8O . Their affection didn't last long, however...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:42 pm 

*digs out the fun-finds thread over here*

"Once Upon a Time in the West" + RPG supplement (1978)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5182085817
- not too common, especially for a UK sale at $3. (Should be fun, anyhow... ;)).

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:31 am 

I was chuffed to have got this MERP map at this price - which is normally quite hard to find. It does come sans toblerone-shaped container, but I have one already, so I can swop this in if in better shape, and flog off the spare (I really do need to get out more).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWN:IT

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:37 am 

This one is probably not one for the collector - they are after all cut out from the magazines - but how could I resist 15 scenarios and articles for £22.00 :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:00 am 

harami2000 wrote:*digs out the fun-finds thread over here*

- not too common, especially for a UK sale at $3. (Should be fun, anyhow... ;)).

Was tempted to bid on this just for the "Return Of Once Upon a Time in the West" book.  But then I remembered I'm supposed to be getting rid of my surplus! :? Nice price.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:28 am 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*digs out the fun-finds thread over here*

Was tempted to bid on this just for the "Return Of Once Upon a Time in the West" book. But then I remembered I'm supposed to be getting rid of my surplus! :? Nice price.

one of the best films ever made that imo - that claudia cardinale  8O  8O  8O  8O  ahem :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:
Was tempted to bid on this just for the "Return Of Once Upon a Time in the West" book. But then I remembered I'm supposed to be getting rid of my surplus! :? Nice price.

one of the best films ever made that imo - that claudia cardinale 8O 8O 8O 8O ahem :)

The best western ever made, anyway...or at worst one of the top 2-3 ever.  Claudia's great, but who wishes Hank Fonda had played more baddies during his career after watching his masterful performance here?  He was incredible as "Frank"!
 Sorry, just got the special collector's edition DVD the other day and I"m chomping at the bit to watch it with the commentary, and then the documentaries on the extra disc....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:45 pm 

Badmike wrote:   The best western ever made, anyway...or at worst one of the top 2-3 ever. Claudia's great, but who wishes Hank Fonda had played more baddies during his career after watching his masterful performance here? He was incredible as "Frank"!
Sorry, just got the special collector's edition DVD the other day and I"m chomping at the bit to watch it with the commentary, and then the documentaries on the extra disc....

Mike B.

i bought it for my dad for christmas last year. i've probably watched it at least as many, if not more than he has.  yeah H's role in that was masterful - the close-up's just ooze quality in his character, but in all, i think the casting was class. probably my favorite role in the film was Jason Robards, altho most of the rest are all a close second anyway.  

an absolutely fab piece of cinema. i would love to see a re-release on the big screen. wow that would rock, but reality check, that would never happen :)

you will really enjoy the DVD chummer.....and i guarantee you will watch it again within a month or so :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:59 pm 

red_bus wrote:I was chuffed to have got this MERP map at this price - which is normally quite hard to find. It does come sans toblerone-shaped container, but I have one already, so I can swop this in if in better shape, and flog off the spare (I really do need to get out more).

I have the folded up version of that map that came with the 1st printing of the MERP world book.

A very nice map, and well detailed.  *muses*...one for the wall might not be a bad thing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:44 pm 

I had a nice pickup today -

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5183672468

A copy of an old FGU product called Madame Guillotine, an RPG from the French Revolution. I've been after a copy for ages... I don't know if $25 qualifies it as a Fun Find, but I was happy with it.

I also won a few other items from the same seller - mostly FGU and wargaming stuff. Most for good prices too.

An interesting aside - the seller's name is Richard Snider, and the name rang a bell for some reason. I remembered that was the name of the co-author of Adventures in Fantasy, done with Dave Arneson. I asked him if he was the same, and he confirms it is indeed. I've asked him what it was like working with Dave, and I'll post any anecdotes he tells me about.

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:37 am 

mdr003 wrote:An interesting aside - the seller's name is Richard Snider, and the name rang a bell for some reason. I remembered that was the name of the co-author of Adventures in Fantasy, done with Dave Arneson. I asked him if he was the same, and he confirms it is indeed. I've asked him what it was like working with Dave, and I'll post any anecdotes he tells me about.

Heh... Good spot!
Should sound familiar, Mike: have mentioned the brothers a couple of times.

Richard's got plenty of stories, although more from later work, together, since he was on the periphery of Dave's original group.
(Try also; http://abroere.xs4all.nl/pnp/background.htm and other refs to his eBay handle, online).

Yeah, some very nice stuff for sale... Picked up an excellent 1st print "Space Opera" boxed set in passing, amongst other items.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5169080257

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:03 am 

The Traveller book with dustjacket (despite the photo not showing this).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5192059206

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:29 am 

I don't know if it's moraly sound to post a recent fun find that came with a purchase from a fellow Acaeum member.

I recently bought Hess Games Dark Dungeons 1, and was surprised to find it also included Dark Dungeons 2 and Castle of Entropy. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:23 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I don't know if it's moraly sound to post a recent fun find that came with a purchase from a fellow Acaeum member.

I recently bought Hess Games Dark Dungeons 1, and was surprised to find it also included Dark Dungeons 2 and Castle of Entropy. :D

See, now there you go. :oops: I told you all I had no clue what it was. It seemed to me that thet were all part of the same set. I checked everywhere and found nothing by a passing reference to it on after glow.  Oh well, my loss I guess. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:37 am 

I've been looking for some of the Hess Games items for a long time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:44 am 

I think the thing that threw me off was the fact that I got them all in the same magazine bag and it only appeared had one cover page.  I only leafed through a few times and that was simply to gauge condition as I had really no interest in keeping them.  Oh well, I will just chalk it up to a learning experience I guess. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Next
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 11412, 3 ... 112113114