Center Stage Miniatures/Pacesetter Collaboration Part II
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:28 pm 

Mine arrived today as well. What a great sculpt, photos did not do this figure justice. Thanks Matt! (& Bill!)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 pm 

I am getting jazzed to see this order.  I am looking forward to painting the cloud giant to go with my fog giant.  I am also interested in seeing the minotaur.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 pm 

Got 'em, thanks!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:10 am 

Has my order shipped?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm 

Email sent, Joe!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 pm 

Looking forward.....

Another miniature arrived in the mail today and I thought....but no.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 pm 

The Center Stage/Pacesetter Collaboration II miniatures have arrived!

I ordered Baphomet, Demon Lord of Minotaurs, to go with the cloud giant figure.

My thoughts:

1)  Baphomet is a seriously cool miniature.  The professional paint job on the Center Stage site somehow does not give the full sense of the detail on Baphomet.  I find myself having to puzzle over what the sculptor meant to depict on a lot of miniatures, but there is no question about Baphomet's ultra-sharp resin details.  In addition, I have seldom found a miniature that fits together better out of the box without serious trimming, pinning and headaches.  (Like trying to fit the wings on some of my recent RAFM gargoyle purchases. Frak!)  I bought Baphomet to command the unit of Reaper Bones minotaurs I bought off the rack for cheap at PaizoCon.  As a resin beast he seems perfectly suited to command the plastic horrors in the maze at the Fortress of Fear and Folly.  (I tend to group evil monsters in squads of six, so now I need another minotaur to command the second squad behind Baphomet.)

2)  The artwork and writing on Death From Above are high quality.  The module has the two facets I look for in any module:  Flexibility (you can drop this one in anywhere without having to re-write and remove a lot of campaign-specific crap) and stuff to kill (cloud giants - and these guys have it coming - but there are more perils to face and pulverize).   Bill Barsh is putting out modules worthy of the old days.  If you aren't buying the Pacesetter modules you are missing a line of useable modules with Old-School goodness and professional layout.  Death From Above manages to cram a lot of stuff to kill into its short, brochure format.  (Your players won't feel like this is a short adventure.  They'll be trying to stay alive.)  It is written for AD&D (Remember when giants always had 100-600gp in their sacks?  I do.) but I plan to use it in my Pathfinder game as soon as my player characters get high enough level to stomp.  Maybe I'll combine it with a cloud castle scenario...and if I am very drunk, I'll mix in Beneath the Storm Giant's Castle.  "Kill the pins!"

3)  The cloud giant is a very nice chunk of pewter.  This is a big giant, modeled all in one piece, so no hassles with assembly.  You get a sense that the basball swing pose of this cloudy thug is partly due to the hefty weight of his weapon.  This miniature easily meets the huge size called for in Pathfinder and D&D space/reach rules.  He is just shy of 75mm from the bottom of his stoney base to the top of his hair.  The wings on his crown reach up to nearly 80mm.  His club is 58mm long.  His metal base is 50mm long.  Like most cloud giants, this guy decided to show up for a battle in a dress (robe) and a nifty crown. (Apparently, they don't take us very seriously as warriors.  You would think guys who live on clouds would...you know...wear shorts or something under their skirts.  Anyway...)  There is a hint of fangs in his mouth, which emphasizes that this guy is evil and might even be some sort of giant vampire.  My copy is mostly clean of flashing, with just a bit between his chin and collar.  There is just enough detail to make this an interesting miniature, but well within the painting skills of a new to moderately skilled painter.  The main tricks in dislpaying and using this giant will be in getting the colors and folds of the robe right and choosing the best base to glue him down.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 pm 

My package arrived last week as well, and I think FormCritic's observations of the giant are pretty much spot-on. He's big & imposing, and about to pound something to jelly with that massive club! I like the hourglass hanging on his belt - just a neat little added touch.

FormCritic wrote:There is a hint of fangs in his mouth, which emphasizes that this guy is evil and might even be some sort of giant vampire.

Vampiric cloud giants? That would be a nasty template to throw at some 3/3.5 adventurers! But I'm pretty sure the pic in the 1E Monster Manual depicts the cloud giant with fangs. I think that's the look Nic (Genovese) was trying to capture.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 pm 

I have not received mine yet.  Any update, Matt?

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38 am 

TollHouseGolem wrote:My package arrived last week as well, and I think FormCritic's observations of the giant are pretty much spot-on. He's big & imposing, and about to pound something to jelly with that massive club! I like the hourglass hanging on his belt - just a neat little added touch.

FormCritic wrote:There is a hint of fangs in his mouth, which emphasizes that this guy is evil and might even be some sort of giant vampire.

Vampiric cloud giants? That would be a nasty template to throw at some 3/3.5 adventurers! But I'm pretty sure the pic in the 1E Monster Manual depicts the cloud giant with fangs. I think that's the look Nic (Genovese) was trying to capture.

Hourglass!   I thought (and still think) it is a large and complex potion bottle.  I painted it maroon.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:26 am 

FormCritic wrote: Hourglass! I thought (and still think) it is a large and complex potion bottle.  I painted it maroon.

Nic said it was indeed an hourglass over on the CSM forums. But you bring up a good point - it's probably easier to paint it as a fancy potion bottle. I don't think my mad painting skillz are mad enough to paint glass!

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 am 

Any chance of getting the list on page 1 updated?
It is still showing mine as paid but not shipped.
I also notice that it has not been edited since September 6th (nearly 3 weeks).
There must have been some additional items shipped out during the period between the 6th and the 25th.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:43 am 

Thanks for the nudge, Jason. Been terribly crazy on this end, as CSM is no longer small enough to be a one man operation...  :oops:

Those receiving shipments from this last batch will receive a small "extra" in their boxes, a little thank you for your patience.

As always, if you have any additional issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM here at The Acaeum or via email at [email protected]

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 am 

Center_Stage wrote:Thanks for the nudge, Jason. Been terribly crazy on this end, as CSM is no longer small enough to be a one man operation...  :oops:

Those receiving shipments from this last batch will receive a small "extra" in their boxes, a little thank you for your patience.

As always, if you have any additional issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM here at The Acaeum or via email at [email protected]

"42/43. tacojohn4547 (2x metal) (PAID)  SHIPPING 9.27.12"

That's plenty good enough for me.  No concerns or issues on my end.  Congratulations again on the recent announcement and the demons & devils KS, Matt!  Exciting times for Center Stage Miniatures!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 pm 

Thanks Matt!

Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am 

The package was in my mailbox when I arrived home from work late last night.
That giant mini is fantastic. Such detail! I also love the ogres!
Thank you very much Matt!

Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:51 pm 

Hi,

I am wondering if my package was shipped. It is stated "SHIPPING 9.27.12". So it has been shipped on 9.27 or it was planned to be shipped?

Thanks!
Géraud

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm 

Noone here  :?:

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

PreviousNext