Dangerous Journeys -- City of Ascalon?
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 pm 

I was flipping through some new stuff at my disposal, essentially catalogs of various sort, and I came across an item I had not recalled ever seeing before... a book or boxed set (unsure) that was called Ascalon for the Dangerous Journeys (Mythus) RPG. Some cursory research online says it is unpublished, but I was wondering if perhaps anyone else had seen or heard of it -- I believe there was an advertisement for it at one point. I ask only because the catalog I was using is a trusted, to me, source and does not usually list an item that it does not have.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 am 

More digging and it seems it was intended as a box set, and never released. At one point, there was contemplation of release as a d20 product, which seems to have not happened either. Alas, I was hoping...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:29 am 

I was talking about publishing Ascalon at one point, with Tadashi at Different Worlds.  Nothing ever came of it, though.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:50 pm 

I would assume, then, that means you have read it. Do you have any insight to its content?

I'd love to see it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:40 pm 

copycat wrote:I would assume, then, that means you have read it. Do you have any insight to its content?

Not handy, unfortunately:  the project had already died on the vine by 2005 (it's probably the d20 project you were referring to above), and I don't remember any details about the manuscript (all of that's on an older email account, on a different hard drive).  

copycat wrote:I'd love to see it.

I'll dig it back up, and see if it's worth trying to bring back from the dead, again.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/