BBP/UP OSRICâ„¢ Hardback (SECOND Printing)
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am 

BBP/UP OSRICâ„¢ Hardback (SECOND Printing)

Wichita, Kansas and Everett, Washington—28 June 2012:  Black Blade Publishing and Usherwood Publishing are pleased to announce that the SECOND PRINTING of the Black Blade Publishing/Usherwood Publishing OSRICâ„¢ hardback is now in stock and available for ordering.  

The Old School Reference and Index Compilation, or OSRICâ„¢, is the first retro-clone published in the old school renaissance movement, and clones the rules of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragonsâ„¢ First Edition game published by TSR, Inc., in the late 1970s and early 1980s.  Initially released in 2006, OSRIC was one of the first retro-clones to hit the gaming scene and garnered a great deal of attention from the larger gaming community.  OSRIC paved the way for other retro-clones such as Labyrinth Lordâ„¢ (retro-clone of the Moldvay Basic/Expert D&Dâ„¢ game) and Swords & Wizardryâ„¢ (retro-clone of the original 1974 Dungeons & Dragonsâ„¢ game).

This SECOND PRINTING is a case-bound hardback release of OSRIC and contains the latest version of the OSRIC rules - version 2.2 - and has fixed all currently-known errata.  

Gold Piece (GP) values have also been added to the tables in Chapter 6, "Treasure."

In addition, the Black Blade Publishing & Usherwood Publishing imprint of OSRIC includes these features:

- Eleven new full-page, black & white illustrations from artists such as Peter Mullen, John Bingham, Peter Fitzpatrick, Peter Smzer, Brian Thomas, Steve Robertson, Mark Allen, and Jim Holloway.

- An expanded, four-page OSRIC index, developed by Jason Zavoda.

- An Index of Tables, also developed by Jason Zavoda.

- Heavy, 70# grade of interior paper stock, giving the OSRIC hardback a 3.1 lb. heft.

- Cardinal (red), 80# endpage stock, giving OSRIC an old school finishing touch.

Retail Price of the 400 page hardback is $26.00 USD.

We'd also like to mention that we have copies of Monsters of Myth, a hardback book of over 150 new monsters designed by the authors, editors, and supporters of OSRIC to enhance your old school gaming adventures.  Monsters of Myth also features new monsters designed by Stephen R. Marsh (creator of the classic ixitxachitl and sahuagin aquatic monsters).   Monsters of Myth is a 128-page, case-bound hardback and retails for $29.00 USD.

Lastly, we still have a supply of OSRIC first print hardbacks with which we'd like to pique your interest.  These are brand new, never been used OSRIC hardbacks from the first print run that we did in 2011.  The first print OSRIC hardbacks have sold for $26.00 for the past year.  With the release of the second print hardbacks, we're reducing the price of the first print hardbacks $5.00, for a retail price of $21.00.  

All orders for first print OSRIC hardbacks will include a copy of the latest errata incorporated into the second printing, as well as a reprint of the entire Chapter 6 "Treasure" from the second printing.  That's a great price for the first print OSRIC hardbacks as it's below our cost!  

To order, please contact Black Blade Publishing by emailing Jon Hershberger at [email protected] to arrange your order (and, yes, we're still having issues with our online store processing payments and calculating accurate shipping charges—gah!—so please contact us by email).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 am 

Sent email yesterday morning regarding ordering payment methods and shipping amount...no reply as of yet.

THE ONE AND THE PRIME.....NEVER FORGOTTEN

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 am 

Primus wrote:Sent email yesterday morning regarding ordering payment methods and shipping amount...no reply as of yet.

Welcome to the Forums, nothing like a bit of patience...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:43 am 

Greetings ashmire13 and thanks for the kind welcome.I suppose i struggle with my patience at times....must work on it more.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 am 

Primus wrote:Sent email yesterday morning regarding ordering payment methods and shipping amount...no reply as of yet.

We're gaming this morning, so Jon likely won't have a chance to reply until tomorrow.  We've also received a number of new orders, and I'm sure he's processing them in the order received.  Rest assured, however, that we will in fact take care of the order :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 am 

Greetings grodog,no problem and no hurry .Thanks for the update and enjoy your morning gaming. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm 

Black Blade is awesome, for those who aren't familiar. Jon packages items to survive a nuclear war.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 pm 

Primus wrote:Greetings grodog,no problem and no hurry .Thanks for the update and enjoy your morning gaming. :D

Yup, it's been a busy couple of days. I'm sorry for not getting to you yet.  I had a bunch of yardwork to do Friday night, then we gamed for about 6 hours today with our regular AD&D group, and then I ran a couple hour game for my three kids after supper.  And now I'm responding to inquiries and and order emails for the new OSRIC hardbacks.  You should receive an email from us Sunday afternoon, unless I'm at the pool trying to stay cool... j/k

Jon

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:00 am 

Mythmere1 wrote:Black Blade is awesome, for those who aren't familiar. Jon packages items to survive a nuclear war.  :D

Thanks for the kind word, Matt.  We do pack our orders to withstand a goodly amount of postal carrier abuse.  Because we all know that postal carrier abuse crap happens.  :lol: