Kickstarter projects
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:54 pm 

I *think* I just ordered a copy of this and the Mega Dungeon book.  The website was in French so I let my phone auto populate the fields. Was about $90 US if anyone was thinking about it.  It looks awesome hope it makes it to me!

lokiwookie wrote in Kickstarter projects:For who loves Guillaume Tavernier arts, he currently run a KS with all his arts gathered in one book. No text, only plans, maps, pieces of art.

The ART of De Architecturart: collection of fantasy maps
Kickstarter

A few examples:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:49 am 

stylean wrote in Kickstarter projects:I *think* I just ordered a copy of this and the Mega Dungeon book.  The website was in French so I let my phone auto populate the fields. Was about $90 US if anyone was thinking about it.  It looks awesome hope it makes it to me!

I do hope you will be pleased with the book :) Do not hesitate to drop me a PM if you have some troubles with your order :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:39 am 

Just hours left to back this cool OSRIC/AD&D 1e city-based Kickstarter for "SuperModule: The City of Vermilion:  A city, wilderness, and dungeon(s) adventure for levels 4-8 for OSRIC and other OSR rule settings":  Kickstarter

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:23 pm 

It's hard to believe that Reaper is preparing to kickoff its fifth Bones Miniatures Kickstarter today! If you've never participated in a Reaper Bones Kickstarter, I can tell you that I've participated in all four previous Bones Kickstarters and been pleased everytime. Be aware that the fulfillment time is lengthy, and they've always been a little late, but not terribly late, usually a month or two. And if you are not familiar with Bones miniatures, they are 28mm, don't require priming (I do recommend washing), and are much more difficult to destroy than metal minis. They are also much lighter than metal minis. And by the time the Kickstarter is over, all the stretch goals usually make the cost per mini less than $1.00, including some larger minis like dragons and giants!

The Bones 5 campaign is now live!   :D

Kickstarter

The overall campaign looks great!  Everything is fantasy so far, just like I hoped.  The entry price has jumped to $120.00 whereas all previous campaigns began at $100.00.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:10 pm 

Can people still pledge? I have little knowledge of how these work.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:45 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Kickstarter projects:Can people still pledge? I have little knowledge of how these work.

Sure!  The deadline is 30 days away.  You have plenty of time to decide.

You click on the link above and it takes you to the Bones 5 Kickstarter campaign.  There's a large green button that says, "Back this Project."  You click on that and pick which "wave" you want to participate in.  You want to pick a wave that represents where you live.  If you are from New Hampshire, USA, then you want to pick a "America, Europe (NOT UK)" wave.  Pick the lowest wave number available because the lowest number waves ship first.  You also have a choice to pick a $1 wave or a $120 wave for your geographical location.  The advantage of the $120 waves are that they get all the additional stretch goals, but the $1 waves do not.  Once you pick the wave, you enter your credit card and address data, and once the campaign closes, your card is charged.  Once the campaign is over, you'll have six to nine months (they'll let you know), to lock in and pay for what you want.  You can add more money to your pledge, but you can't reduce your pledge after the campaign is over.   As time goes by, Reaper will send you e-mails, at least once a month to provide updates.   Around April of 2021, you get your minis.   I'd read the FAQ section of the campaign page as it has lots of answers to the questions most people ask.  

I've participated in all four previous Bones Kickstarters this is worth backing. Bones minis are the best minis available in my opinion. Some advantages of Bones figures are; no priming necessary, they are hard to damage, of lighter weight than metal, and most important, the low cost. We're at about $1 per figure, including giants and dragons! This cost will go down as more and more figures are added to the Core Set. Most important, there are numerous Kickstarters where there is no fulfillment. They take your money and ship you nothing. This is as close to a sure thing as it gets. And, if you end up not wanting or liking your minis, you can turn around and double your money on ebay. Look at the selling price for Bones 4 Core sets on eBay right now. Some sold for over $200!  This campaign is worth it.  8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:36 am 

So they have 1.5 MILLION that people are already going to pay? I'm in the wrong business.
Thanks, Ben, I may just do it!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:18 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Kickstarter projects:So they have 1.5 MILLION that people are already going to pay? I'm in the wrong business.
Thanks, Ben, I may just do it!

Glad to help.  And, for what it's worth, these Bones minis are supposed to be better than previous sets because they are mostly done in a different formula of plastic which supposedly holds detail better than ever.  They were done in a white plastic and now all the smaller minis will be done in black/dark plastic, called "Bones Black." There is speculation that this change is the primary reason this campaign has taken off stronger than most previous campaigns.  Maybe, maybe not.   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:00 pm 

Wow! Sounds great. I watched the short video about the project. I just may get in on this as well.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:12 pm 

Gelatinous Cube Soap!!!

Kickstarter

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:38 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Kickstarter projects:Gelatinous Cube Soap!!!

Kickstarter

I wish I had these 30 years ago when Cheetos and cheese puffs ruled the gaming table.  I have too many modules and character sheets that have been laid waste by those vile, god forsaken goodies.  

-SKA

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:22 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Kickstarter projects:Gelatinous Cube Soap!!!

Kickstarter

Suggested addition: The manufacturer is not responsible for instances when the dice fall into your sink drain.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:09 am 

Any comment/suggestion for this one:

Kickstarter

...i am tempted but i am almost sure to have issues with that "for US only"...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:57 pm 

To each their own, I’ve decided rule sets and toolkits are officially out of scope for me :)

I’ve pretty much laid off settings too.

Minis and adventures, that’s my thing these days

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:16 pm 

ZineQuest has spawned a zillion projects. I can't imagine trying to keep up with them all. There are only 1-2 each iteration that interest me enough to back.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:56 am 

Howdy all, did you k ow that Board Ent is still alive and they are on KS?

Kickstarter

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 pm 

This might interest dice lovers here:

Kickstarter

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:46 pm 

aia wrote in Kickstarter projects:Any comment/suggestion for this one:

Kickstarter

...i am tempted but i am almost sure to have issues with that "for US only"...

Not for me, moral puzzles are pointless as I have none. However, Aia, if you want to get one you can have it shipped to me and I'd be happy to send it to you. I'm not sure what overseas postage costs now, though........

PreviousNext