Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 60123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 585960
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:38 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Alright - Wave 4, thanks for the heads up Benjoshua!

I'm such a sucker for Bones :)

And for those of you who have not participated in a Reaper Kickstarter, I have been pleased with everything except the shipping time.  This Kickstarter will supposedly deliver in February of 2019.   8O

And for those of you who have no or few minis, this is a great way to start.  By the time this Kickstarter is finished in about a month, the cost of each mini will average about 80 cents each, maybe less.  And even though my personal collection of minis are the old 25MM metal variety, there are numerous, significant advantages to these miniatures.  The main advantage is the cost; most minis cost a couple of bucks each.  The second big advantage is their indestructibility; drop a metal mini and the paint is chipped at a minimum but can even be damaged beyond repair.  The third big advantage is their weight; metal minis, especially the larger giants and dragons, weigh more making them impractical for transportation.  Other advantages are that you don't have to prime them to paint them and you don't have to be careful how you store or tote them.  I received no commission for this endorsement.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 am 

Stars Without Number: Revised Edition
Already > $50,000
Line icon

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 am 

benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:Reaper started with their Bones 4 Kickstarter campaign today at 1:00 PM EST.

Line icon

I love the way this Kickstarter is starting out.  Arguably every figure so far can be used for a fantasy campaigns and games.  Since most people pledging are interested in fantasy figures, I hope Reaper continues to make all its stretch goals fantasy oriented.  I am not against any other kind of minis, but I hope they are relegated to add-ons and not stretch goals.  8)

The last days of this Kickstarter is upon us and it's developing into quite a bargain.  If the Core set grows into all the current stretch goals (and it should pass that), we're looking at 144 minis for $100.00 plus shipping (around $10-$15 in the US).  Many of the minis are larger minis like a wyvern, owlbear, and a dragon, but some are small.  Plus, there are many interesting add on minis and expansion sets offered.  You may want to take another look.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:18 pm 

I'm in!

Benjoshua, I can never remember, if I want add-on items, do I have to up my pledge now or can I do it later?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:47 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:I'm in!

Benjoshua, I can never remember, if I want add-on items, do I have to up my pledge now or can I do it later?

Either.  If you increase your pledge now, it goes towards the total raised, BUT, you can't decrease it.  You can add on after the Kickstarter for quite a while, like many months, and I can't remember when the deadline is.   8)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm 

Empyrea I: Homecoming
Oct 02

Acaeum Exclusive

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:I'm in!

I believe you can back for $1 then simply use the reaper pledge manger to up your pledge. The advantage to putting the money into the kickstarter in the first month is that they keep adding freebies and good value add-ons which they stop doing once the campaign is funded and finished. People then have several months to choose what they want

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 pm 

Thanks fellas, makes sense. I think I'm going to go for variety this time. Last Bones I bought extras of all the orcs and painted up an army. I think I'll grab one of the expansion sets this year. Can never have too many cave dwelling creepies :)

I've never had luck painting them without primer though, which is one of their main selling points. Off-topic, but has anyone else had any success?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks fellas, makes sense. I think I'm going to go for variety this time. Last Bones I bought extras of all the orcs and painted up an army. I think I'll grab one of the expansion sets this year. Can never have too many cave dwelling creepies :)
I've never had luck painting them without primer, which is one of their main selling points. Off-topic, but has anyone else had any success?

I like using black primer so I've never tried not using primer. They do need to be washed with slightly soapy water in my experience or even the primer will bead up a little. There are some great add-ons and the yuan-ti from the core set are $6 if you want extra sets. The big sculpts are a good price through the kickstarter so if you are interested in any i advise snagging them.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks fellas, makes sense. I think I'm going to go for variety this time. Last Bones I bought extras of all the orcs and painted up an army. I think I'll grab one of the expansion sets this year. Can never have too many cave dwelling creepies :)

I've never had luck painting them without primer though, which is one of their main selling points. Off-topic, but has anyone else had any success?

I paint without primer, BUT, I wash my minis with soap and water with a toothbrush before painting.  Works great for me.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:16 pm 

In space, maybe no one else can hear you scream, but those cries of terror are music to the GM's ears. While there are monster books aplenty for fantasy games, there has never been a truly encyclopedic tome of terrors from beyond the stars... until now!

Legendary Games is very pleased to announce our next Kickstarter project, the Alien Bestiary, for the brand-new Starfinder Roleplaying Game or the 5th Edition of the world's most famous RPG!  

Something ALIEN this way comes! The epic Alien Bestiary contains over 200 pages of awesome alien adversaries, extraterrestrial enemies, and interplanetary playable races, and that's just for starters! Stretch goals abound, pushing this to 300 and beyond, plus adding bonus companion books like the Alien Codex, Aethera Field Guide, and more!

Ends 9/30/17

Line icon
[url]
Line icon[/url]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm 

For those who are interested in wonderfull plans, here is the new Guillaume Tavernier project (and I, for the texts).
Seigneury of Borth (Guillaume Tavernier) • Game On Table Top

Seigneury of Borth.

It will be released in English and in French.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:33 pm 

I have some confidential informations.
Lokiwookie is working on the D&D adapatation of the seigneury (and D & D 5 also).
The project leader (Guillaume Tavernier) is very serious and has an excellent reputation by us, his work on illustrations and mapping is just amazing.
He has already realized and delivered two projects on time.
I think you will not be disappointed.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:22 pm 

Thanks Nicolas.

Yes, I am working on a several D&D conversion. So, all NPC will be 5E compatible, D&D compatible, and D20 system compatible! This will be annouced soon :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:42 pm 

Last day to pledge :)

Here is a picture of two of the locations described in the supplement

Attachment:
prison_verso_V3_eng.jpg

Attachment:
the_tavern.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:44 am 

Legendary Games has launched it's Pirate Campaign Compendium Kickstarter! 
This spectacular seagoing supplement brings you five complete adventures plus tons of ready-to-use nautical NPCs of every level, aquatic options galore for your characters, treasure troves of pirate plunder, ship combat, treasure maps, and so much more with stretch goals aplenty to create a glorious 300+ page compendium that'll shiver yer timbers!

Ends March 5th 2018

kickstarter.com/projects/legendarygames ... ref=2ka9ot

These are some of the designers on this project: Jason Nelson, Matt Goodall, Neil Spicer, Jim Groves, Linda Zayas-Palmer, Geoffrey Roy, James F.D. Graham, John Lynch, Jonathan H. Keith, and Joshua Root.

Here are some reviews:
Treasure of the Fleet: 5 stars + seal of approval Awesome collection of inspired, nautical treasures
Scourge of the Steaming Isle: 5 stars + seal of approval Cool sidetrek with some subdued pulpy nods
Raid on the Emperor's Hand: 5 stars + seal of approval Awesome, fast-paced little sidetrek; can be blown up to full-blown heist
Spices & Flesh: 5 stars Cool sidetrek against remarkable foes
Tarin's Crown: 5 stars Lavishly mapped sidetrek for pirate-themed campaigns/island-hoppers

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:25 am 

Playing D&D in my youth and more recently with friends from the Acaeum was always enriched by the humour. I've had sessions where we almost had to stop playing because we couldn't stop laughing over some absurd joke and bad pun that snowballed. So I just backed this little project. I need to laugh more and the world needs more puns these days!

puns-and-dragons-the-pun-masters-guide

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 pm 

LL+AEC combined in one hardback. 4 different cover options. Goblinoid Games
Kickstarter

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 60123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 585960